What's new

Question Does this ever tick you off?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yeah I really hate that as well.

I had people like that in MK9 and they'd switch characters every couple of matches no matter whether they win or lose and I find it quite annoying because I like a long set (at least 5 matches) between a couple of characters to learn the MU.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I sometimes have a bad habit of doing this but I normally ask what character you want before hand otherwise i'll switch every 2 3 5 10 games because I get bored playing one character in casuals.

Espio

Kokomo
Whenever I play people I usually give people a first to ten with one character before switching, but some days I just feel like messing around. Other days, all I wanna do is grind with Goro or just with Kitana and so forth.

Communication is very important. If you want to play a long set for match up experience with one character, let the player know. We're not mind readers. Most people aren't doing stuff to be an ass.

Sometimes I'll just play two or three characters to see how a match up is/feels with various ones to see who I may or may not like using for the match up or cause I just wanna have fun and have variety.

Not to mention, you gotta think of the fact that other people might want match up experience against your specific main or secondary too, it cuts both ways.

I don't like when people always character hop a lot though, especially when you adapt to their playstyle and they immediately go pick someone else, just irritating and reeks of insecurity and lacking a desire to adapt.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Whenever I play people I usually give people a first to ten with one character before switching, but some days I just feel like messing around. Other days, all I wanna do is grind with Goro or just with Kitana and so forth.

Communication is very important. If you want to play a long set for match up experience with one character, let the player know. We're not mind readers. Most people aren't doing stuff to be an ass.

Sometimes I'll just play two or three characters to see how a match up is/feels with various ones to see who I may or may not like using for the match up or cause I just wanna have fun and have variety.

I don't like when people always character hop a lot though, especially when you adapt to their playstyle and they immediately go pick someone else, just irritating and reeks of insecurity and lacking a desire to adapt.
Espio when did you become so wise!?

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
I can understand when playing a set after each round I grind to learn the MU which becomes a waste when my opponent picks another character. On the other hand I rotate my characters to spice things up a bit and so I don't get bored and I can keep the execution of my characters as I tend to forget how to play them if I play one character for a long time.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Or maybe he is putting himself in a ft2/ft3 tourney setting? To be able to win a hypothetical set and moves on to get the same experience with a new character? I do that in sequence of ft5 sets kinda

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Yes, they are afraid of being downloaded and they quickly switch so you won't adapt to them.

It's annoying, but what I do when in the offline scene here someone does that, is that I DESTROY HIM SO BAD with the other characters he picks, that he has to go back to that one in order to get some wins in.

I have one paranoia that for me is more annoying that this one mentioned in the OP:

You start a match, select a char when the other guy is moving his cursor to select something...then, he pauses when you select your char, waits a bit..then quickly mirror matches you. I take that as a "Oh yea? Let me show you how it's REALLY done with that char".
Then, I either proceed in DESTROYING THEM so they get it through their heads that they were wrong, or go into a post-apocalyptic foaming-at-the-mouth rage with yelling and near-faint rage spasms, if I lose.
Man... I love it when this happens. I pick Ermac... they go to ermac... then I pick spectral... they scroll that ass back from whence it came.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Sorry for the click bait thread title, couldn't think of an appropriate name lol

Okay in hindsight there is nothing wrong with this, the opponent can pick who he/she wants.

I just quit a set on someone (which is the first time ever) for changing chars when they win 2 or 3 games and then do it again with the next char.
It's not like they are playing a long set and are bored which is understandable but 2-3 games c'mon.

In my head I'm trying to learn and adjust to MU I'm losing and they just change not given me a good chance too. In my head I think" I beat you with that char, now watch me beat you with this char" but what's prob going through their head is "I feel dirty so let me give him a chance" or "let me show I'm also good with this char" which could be the scenario .

I know what I did was wrong, and feeling pissed over it is wrong, I could ask him through a message to stick with that char but that feels weird when it shouldn't.

But where all humans and that has being something that always got under my skin, if it's a long set fine. If they lose fine but not when they win 2 or 3.

Am I alone in this?
Do you ever do it and why?

To clarify again iim the bad guy for quitting I know that, just wanna get opinions on this.
yeh this kinda freaks me out about online players.

but you know what, it feels sooooo good when they beat you 3 times with a character, change it, and then get mopped with every other character they pick :p

Cosmos

Noob
Haha there you are

its not his fault, its mine
You make it sound like you're some scrub who ragequit against someone for swapping characters haha

The reality is that he cycles through every character he can play until he finds what he deems a favourable matchup for him. If you still beat him regardless, he just goes and pulls after a few games no explanation.

You shouldn't feel bad for not wanting to put up with that everytime you play a 'set' with him. :)

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I do this a lot in IGUA. Win or lose. I can play with Joker, Batman, Death Stroke, Green Lantern, Superman, & MMH. Sometimes I like to switch it up. I don't see a problem with this. Especially online.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
This happens to me all the time in Smash Brothers, it drives me crazy. People in Smash Brothers seem to have more of a stigma against choosing a main and try to pretend that they can be good with every character. It's no fun to fight against ten crappy characters rather than one good one.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
This happens to me all the time in Smash Brothers, it drives me crazy. People in Smash Brothers seem to have more of a stigma against choosing a main and try to pretend that they can be good with every character. It's no fun to fight against ten crappy characters rather than one good one.
I play duck hunt dog. So I spend 2 matches learning your Sonic Movements for can placement... then you switch to dolphin dive sheik and OMG it's Luma's side Chick.

/Salt... oh wait the salt never ends

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
You make it sound like you're some scrub who ragequit against someone for swapping characters haha

The reality is that he cycles through every character he can play until he finds what he deems a favourable matchup for him. If you still beat him regardless, he just goes and pulls after a few games no explanation.

You shouldn't feel bad for not wanting to put up with that everytime you play a 'set' with him. :)
Funny enough i wanted to see peoples opinions on this for awhile

Alex got me in Salt mode

so good excuse to post this.
He motivates me, hes my Hero

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
If I'm playing online I just pick whoever I feel like using , most of the time I switch multiple times unless the guy I'm playing is good enough to challenge my main.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
changing chars when they win 2 or 3 games and then do it again with the next char.

To clarify again iim the bad guy for quitting I know that, just wanna get opinions on this.
im one of those online: let me explain...

im going through a character crisis, and lets be honest. we know all the characters by now.. and its boring playing with the same character. esp. if you are boding them.

also, i go to local tournaments biweekly, and i try to test my matchups every now and then against people i dont know.

I use Mileena right now with most matchups, but every so often i use Lao, Erron, Shinnok, Cassie for different matchups.

and youd probably go nuts playing me, cuz online is a joke to me, so i normally random select every match. just to keep it interesting. lol if reversals, pokes and every basic function is stripped away due to one sided tsunami that is my online MKX experience(wading through water is hard to overcome) i must use different characters just to keep it fresh;)