What's new

Question Does this ever tick you off?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Sorry for the click bait thread title, couldn't think of an appropriate name lol

Okay in hindsight there is nothing wrong with this, the opponent can pick who he/she wants.

I just quit a set on someone (which is the first time ever) for changing chars when they win 2 or 3 games and then do it again with the next char.
It's not like they are playing a long set and are bored which is understandable but 2-3 games c'mon.

In my head I'm trying to learn and adjust to MU I'm losing and they just change not given me a good chance too. In my head I think" I beat you with that char, now watch me beat you with this char" but what's prob going through their head is "I feel dirty so let me give him a chance" or "let me show I'm also good with this char" which could be the scenario .

I know what I did was wrong, and feeling pissed over it is wrong, I could ask him through a message to stick with that char but that feels weird when it shouldn't.

But where all humans and that has being something that always got under my skin, if it's a long set fine. If they lose fine but not when they win 2 or 3.

Am I alone in this?
Do you ever do it and why?

To clarify again iim the bad guy for quitting I know that, just wanna get opinions on this.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Yeah I know how you feel, I like to grind a match up until I'm ready to scream at my incompetent fingers or one of us reaches 10 wins.

Some people just like to switch character I guess. The breaks in play do get frustrating though.

Spencer

Always Training
You Mad Bro ?
Just kidding.
I usually Cycle through my character s to keep me from losing my execution with each character or I get bored.

Sometimes I want to test out my other characters to see how they do against that certain matchup.it really depends.

IrishMantis

You Mad Bro ?
Just kidding.
I usually Cycle through my character s to keep me from losing my execution with each character or I get bored.

Sometimes I want to test out my other characters to see how they do against that certain matchup.it really depends.
Tbh a little lol

But that could also be a factor im not considering

I can relate since one of my training partners a while back in injustice would do this (not you @Blakeanator lol, someone else). Although it was frustrating I never quit however.

One of my primary weaknesses as a player is adaption, and being able to notice tendencies. So because of that I kind of saw it as a plus, considering I needed to able to adapt quickly to player tendencies. Plus I was gaining a lot of matchup knowledge for my main character. My two cents

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
well, if im winning like 50-0 every set ala @TopTierHarley or tookfree then i gotta find a way to have fun too. so if i have to go down the list to like my 16th alt character to challenge myself then so be it.

IrishMantis

Just to add he want from Tanya, to Quan then to Lui Kang if that helps lol

Again he did nothing wrong it is I who is the villain

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Not gonna lie, this is probably the most "annoying" thing to me. I don't play online, so when I go to locals or go to friends houses for games I want to play a MU out. Multiple matches out. Win or lose fight it out against that character so I can learn what I'm doing wrong and adjust or learn what works. Whether during the games or in thought when I get home. I've played people who every 3 games switch a character, then by the 15th game they're back to the 1st character they switched from in the beginning. Da hell? To me it feels like they don't want you to "figure them out" so they hurry and switch before you can make adjustments. But to me that defeats the whole purpose in the first place.

I roll my eyes man. If you are playing casuals that's the perfect time to build on your own character as well as against a MU. Think something is BS? Ok fight it 20 times in a row with one character, see what you can learn around it. Especially if your opponent is knowledgable in the game. I'm able to go toe to toe with people who used to demolish me months ago from grinding out MUs and learning during MUs. Once someone switches a 3rd time within the 1st 10min of playing I lose interest and play someone else.

It's annoying after 2-3 matches. 5 is my threshold. If they change after 5 it didn't bother me at all, but before that it's irksome.

Sometimes I've noticed someone change only after I've begun to adapt. If they beat me severely, they stick with the character, but if the victory is narrow, they switch. Thing is with these players, I only come across them in the rooms where your win ratio is affected. I can't help but feel that these people are so conscious of their win rates that they will only play matches they feel they can win. It wouldn't surprise me if they're the same people who quit the moment I beat them, even if it's the first match.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
If the person is ass I just play them once or twice then GG's. But if the person is giving me a really good game or whooping my ass. We go until we get bored lol. As for people switching characters. if they're losing they're counter picking. If they're winning they're not taking you seriously. At least that's how I see it.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Anything under 5-10 games of regular switching is garbage. Who plays like that and why do you know them?
But one thing I truly hate. Is when someone is beating me like 2-0 I adapt and when it's 2-2 THEY LEAVE! Like not even for a tie breaker.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
It's not really something I think about against online randoms. If I play someone and smoke them 3x in a row, I start to feel bad and move to a character I'm less skilled with that will give a better match.

After reading this I think I'll be more inclined to play longer sets.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
But one thing I truly hate. Is when someone is beating me like 2-0 I adapt and when it's 2-2 THEY LEAVE! Like not even for a tie breaker.
Usually guys like this have a strong online gimmick they rely on and if it's adapted to they move on because players like this aren't interested in learning. They just want to win and do a crazy Juan Dingo combo.

Prob the same guys in stream chats who say stuff like " play different characters this MU is getting boring" even though it's Tom Brady Sub vs Tyrant Jax playing casuals on stream, a mu anyone who's actually interested in mkx competitievly would love to watch.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
if load times and transitions between matches weren't so long i wouldn't mind somebody switching etc.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
It bugs the hell out of me personally. Regardless of the reason they do it, if Im getting toasted in a certain MU, I wanna grind it out and learn. Give me a chance, not like 3 games and dip to a new character. Drives me nuckin futs.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Yes, they are afraid of being downloaded and they quickly switch so you won't adapt to them.

It's annoying, but what I do when in the offline scene here someone does that, is that I DESTROY HIM SO BAD with the other characters he picks, that he has to go back to that one in order to get some wins in.

I have one paranoia that for me is more annoying that this one mentioned in the OP:

You start a match, select a char when the other guy is moving his cursor to select something...then, he pauses when you select your char, waits a bit..then quickly mirror matches you. I take that as a "Oh yea? Let me show you how it's REALLY done with that char".
Then, I either proceed in DESTROYING THEM so they get it through their heads that they were wrong, or go into a post-apocalyptic foaming-at-the-mouth rage with yelling and near-faint rage spasms, if I lose.