What's new

Question Does Simple = Easy to use?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Me and a few dudes were arguing in a SF4 stream and they were trying to tell me that Ryu is a simple character. I retaliated saying "No hes not simple, but he is easy to use"

Anyone can learn basic Ryu set ups and combos and apply them to game. To learn every tool he has and learning his true neutral, however, is not a "simple" task.

Let's bring it over to injustice.

Doomsday is a SIMPLE character. Is he easy to use? Meaning.. is he easy to pick up in a high level setting and excel with him immediately? I say no.

Batman is easy to use. Does that mean he's simple? No, he has a lot of tools and some will end up useless if you dont properly utilize them.

Anyway, you guys got the question. whats your answer??

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Simple and easy are synonymous, but I understand why you are trying to make a distinction. Anyone that discredits you for winning with any character at high level play is just talking out of their ass. With that said, you shouldn't feel offended that someone calls your character simple, even if it's true. People will find anything to downplay your character e.g. simple, easy, overpowered, brainless, cheap, unfair.

If Ryu is so easy to win with, why aren't they picking Ryu if they want to win? No one is forcing their hand. My 2 cents.

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
not necessarily, Grundy is simple in the sense that all I want to do is fucking grab the shit out of you but it's not always easy to get in a position where I can do that

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Grundle is a bill
I hate that his thing is supposed to be super high damage at the cost of speed but then you have all these other characters that do just as good if not better damage while being so much faster. I wish grundy was ass on release like Bane was so he would've gotten overbuffed

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
This is a loaded question

Kinda like when your GF asks things like "Would you have sexual relations with Jennifer Lawerence is she was right here wanting it?"
No, a loaded question is one in which an accusation is made in the question itself. To take your Jennefier Lawrence example, a loaded question would be, "For how long would you ravage Jennifer Lawrance if she was right here wanting it?" The question assumes you're already going to have 'relations' with her.

On the topic itself, BG is easy. Pick her up and do well with her.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
No, a loaded question is one in which an accusation is made in the question itself. To take your Jennefier Lawrence example, a loaded question would be, "For how long would you ravage Jennifer Lawrance if she was right here wanting it?" The question assumes you're already going to have 'relations' with her.
Just like your GF would already assume you would have relations.
I dont' see the difference really.

But the OP question is pretty..... bad.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Kinda like when your GF asks things like "Would you have sexual relations with Jennifer Lawerence is she was right here wanting it?"
I would say yes to this question immediately, no questions asked. Because Jennifer Lawrence is my waifu.
"For how long would you ravage Jennifer Lawrance if she was right here wanting it?"
All. Fucking. Year.

Okay, to be on the serious side for a second, as said before...while the words/phrases mean the exact same thing in reality on most accounts, for this scenario, the distinction between the two is understandable.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just like your GF would already assume you would have relations.
I dont' see the difference really.

But the OP question is pretty..... bad.
The difference is in the assumption inherent in the question.

Take these two questions for example;

1. "Did you kill Mrs. Smith?"
2. "Did Mrs. Smith scream when you killed her?"

Can you see how the first question isn't loaded but the second question is? It can be confusing because 'loaded language' and a loaded question aren't the same thing.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The difference is in the assumption inherent in the question.

Take these two questions for example;

1. "Did you kill Mrs. Smith?"
2. "Did Mrs. Smith scream when you killed her?"

Can you see how the first question isn't loaded but the second question is? It can be confusing because 'loaded language' and a loaded question aren't the same thing.
yep... see it now

excuse my poor example.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Everyone in this game is simple really. But that doesn't mean their easy too use. Some characters are easier too learn. Like DD, Supes, Aqua etc. Characters like Harley, Deathstroke, Hawkgirl, Lobo Grundy are "simple" but their not easy because you have too work a little harder to excel with these guys.

I've always said that DD is simple and easy online, but offline; even tho I have minimal exp. in offline, he is harder to win with sense he's so simple.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
A simple character is one that is easy to use because people amass a huge amount of wins without much effort with said character. Ed boon once said that liu kang was a simple character and that you could teach your parents to play mk by using him. I have what is known as Scorpion days, when every different online opponent picks the same character against you.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
This is a loaded question

LBSH, can anyone in the entire world resist having sexual relations with Jennifer Lawrence if she was right there wanting it?