What's new

Question - Necromancer Does Necromancer Need to be Further Balanced?

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
with all due respect, a command grab that you could throw out from anywhere on the screen would not be balanced:p

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Can't you move the squash forwards? Like with Goro's stomp?
Yeah you can position it in front, on top or behind.
They can't that's what I'm saying! Say you land a df4 full screen - a pro will usually block in case you throw out another zoning tool. That's when you hit them with the first squish! Then if you use any sort of set-up in order to throw out the ex squish, that's 2. Then I mean you can throw them out after any ol df4. If they start running on wake-up then you keep hitting them with df4 or Hell Sparks. It's a full screen mind game man it's so good:p

Also when I say they can't tech, I mean that df4 doesn't allow it
Ah ok ok after DF4 they can't yeah I get you. Still it's 58 frames, they can see Shinnok's hand go "oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DROP!" lol.
112 is -7, f22 is -8, f4 is -7 if you were playing against say a cassie or a lao you're screwed either way. for other characters you could, like, not cancel into flick.
Exactly that's only three strings...that are all still unsafe.

ArmedCalf

It's a conditioning thing. If you get them across screen then you can throw a few df4's or bf2's at them so they'll block on wake-up. It's tricky for people to react to a hand when they're so used to blocking on wake-up. Also, no one really expects you to walk up and throw out an unblockable hand:p It's all about the mind games with the unblockable squish.

It's a conditioning thing. If you get them across screen then you can throw a few df4's or bf2's at them so they'll block on wake-up. It's tricky for people to react to a hand when they're so used to blocking on wake-up. Also, no one really expects you to walk up and throw out an unblockable hand:p It's all about the mind games with the unblockable squish.
Agreed. When I fought @Youphemism those hand smashes were honestly pretty tricky to deal with. Granted I had never fought a Necromancer prior, but still.

The variation could definitely use some more work but I'm not expecting anything anytime soon.

smile

Noob
Exactly that's only three strings...that are all still unsafe.
You used to be able to make them safe is what i'm saying. Saying there is a gap so there's no point doesn't make sense, should cassie players never use b1,2,4 cause there is a gap?

Youphemism

Yeah I get that and I obviously try and throw it in when I can myself but any normal person can react to 58 frames which is why although conditioning can work to an extent it won't work on a good player who knows what the hand animation looks like, or at least it doesn't work for me when I'm playing good people that know the animation. It's worked on good players that didn't know the animation but once they knew what it looked like I rarely ever hit it again because it's so easy to react to :/ I think we get away with it now because noone knows the Necromancer matchup because noone really plays it much but once people get matchup experience and know hand is a thing it'll become a lot harder to ever land a hand.
You used to be able to make them safe is what i'm saying. Saying there is a gap so there's no point doesn't make sense, should cassie players never use b1,2,4 cause there is a gap?
But you're not making them safe because there's a gap in between them. Safe means unpunishable, either from having no gap or being -5 or higher on block. I didn't say there was no point in doing it so stop putting words in my mouth, I just said it wasn't safe.

ArmedCalf

Here's a thought, and I just want to see what the community thinks: Make EX df4 armoured.

ArmedCalf

people still say that Bone Shaper is top tier, the salt is still not gone. too early man.
I actually think he is now. After a long history of constant denying and debating, I'd say he has top 5 potential for sure. Shinnok as a character is pretty beastly. Even Necro is solid

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
In the spirit of TYM, I will be fair and unbiased and say... FUCK SHINNOK:DOGE

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I actually think he is now. After a long history of constant denying and debating, I'd say he has top 5 potential for sure. Shinnok as a character is pretty beastly. Even Necro is solid
top 5? with Kobu Tanya, Pred, Tempest Lao, Summoner Quan, Cassie and all those guys in the game? I mean, he is good, but far from S tier in my opinion.

ArmedCalf

top 5? with Kobu Tanya, Pred, Tempest Lao, Summoner Quan, Cassie and all those guys in the game? I mean, he is good, but far from S tier in my opinion.
That was my top 5 for the absolute longest time but I'm currently unsure how good Predator is now. I know losing his mid hurt him a bit. If I find out he's still godlike then I'll take Shinnok right out of there but until then I'd totally throw him in S - top of A+ at the very least.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
That was my top 5 for the absolute longest time but I'm currently unsure how good Predator is now. I know losing his mid hurt him a bit. If I find out he's still godlike then I'll take Shinnok right out of there but until then I'd totally throw him in S - top of A+ at the very least.
well imo pred is top1, just saying...

Youphemism

Here's a thought, and I just want to see what the community thinks: Make EX df4 armoured.
With BF3 being almost twice as fast and still leading to an alright amount of damage/good positioning I don't think that would do much for him. 22 frames is pretty slow... I think really they should improve his Necro zoning tools because right now they're kinda mediocre.

ArmedCalf

I see what you mean for positioning but he can really only snag like 19-20% off of a wake-up. It's okay but other characters have better armoured moves that lead to more. I think if df4 was like 18-19f and armoured, he could get more off of interrupting gaps while still keeping good positioning.

Only thought of this because of the low scoop that Boneshaper has. That is a godlike move that lets him do so much more than the charge does. Necromancer could benefit from something like that if they don't touch his zoning tools

Youphemism

I see what you mean for positioning but he can really only snag like 19-20% off of a wake-up. It's okay but other characters have better armoured moves that lead to more. I think if df4 was like 18-19f and armoured, he could get more off of interrupting gaps while still keeping good positioning.

Only thought of this because of the low scoop that Boneshaper has. That is a godlike move that lets him do so much more than the charge does. Necromancer could benefit from something like that if they don't touch his zoning tools
You need to keep in mind that buffing Shinnok's general stuff buffs Bone Shaper which is already really good lol. Not that NRS cared about that when they nerfed Hell Sparks and in turn nerfed Necro #RIPJailingFlick :(

I don't think defence is one of Shinnok's weaknesses, or at least Necros anyway. I think they should buff variations to help the original design of said variation and it seems to me like Necro is a zoning variation so buffing its zoning would help. They definitely need to make Flick faster because they've improved the tracking before and it clearly hasn't helped so I think making it faster will help with that and certain characters won't be able to run past it any more. I also think that because even Bone Shaper outzones it which is stupid considering it's supposed to be the hybrid, not the zoning variation -_______- In saying that DF4 should be faster too, I mean it's 22 frames and -20 which leaves a whole 40 frame space of time for the opponent to advance at you...and it's MORE unsafe than the launching version -________________-

smile

Noob
what if boneshaper's f4,1,d2,u2 became a universal string? would that help necro and imposter or do you guys think it wouldn't make a difference?

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
what if boneshaper's f4,1,d2,u2 became a universal string? would that help necro and imposter or do you guys think it wouldn't make a difference?
That would make a huge difference, but it is part of the Bone Shaper variation and I doubt that they would transfer a variation-specific string to all three variations.

Youphemism

But that's a Bone Shaper string, that's the whole point lol. Necro's about zoning, it doesn't need rushdown tools.

ArmedCalf

Yeah man I still don't find the zoning that bad tbh. I mean for a zoning variation it's not godlike but it's not terrible. It's just flick that sucks - which I really only ever use to catch an opponent jumping. But Summoned Fiend is great, it can grab Erron out of raw slide.