What's new

Question - Necromancer Does Necromancer Need to be Further Balanced?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah man I still don't find the zoning that bad tbh. I mean for a zoning variation it's not godlike but it's not terrible. It's just flick that sucks - which I really only ever use to catch an opponent jumping. But Summoned Fiend is great, it can grab Erron out of raw slide.
Yeah Summoned Fiend is good when it hits, but if you try to zone with it and it gets blocked they get a free dash at the very least.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Yeah Summoned Fiend is good when it hits, but if you try to zone with it and it gets blocked they get a free dash at the very least.
But then they're in Hell Sparks range - the best zoning tool that most characters don't have an answer for. The zoning tools that come with Necro are more for full screen, but if they move anywhere else then you can throw out Hell Sparks

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
But then they're in Hell Sparks range - the best zoning tool that most characters don't have an answer for. The zoning tools that come with Necro are more for full screen, but if they move anywhere else then you can throw out Hell Sparks
That's my point, Shinnok's zoning tools shouldn't just be for one use at full screen and then not being able to be used as zoning tools anywhere closer. He should have zoning tools you can actually zone the opponent with. While Hell Sparks are a good zoning tool to an extent they're universal and the fact they're better for zoning makes Necro look even worse.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
That's my point, Shinnok's zoning tools shouldn't just be for one use at full screen and then not being able to be used as zoning tools anywhere closer. He should have zoning tools you can actually zone the opponent with. While Hell Sparks are a good zoning tool to an extent they're universal and the fact they're better for zoning makes Necro look even worse.

You know what would help?

Making Summoned Fiend a grab projectile.

I will never stop campaigning for this.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I have been thinking lately, does Necromancer need to have anymore adjustments made to him? If his DB+1 was cancel-able, it would surely give Necromancer the ability to pressure his opponents. Playing with Necromancer recently though he seems pretty solid, just get some hate for zoning the opponent. Additionally, it would greatly help his counter zoning game by decreasing the Start-Up and Recovery frames on his Amulet Strike (this would also be affecting Impostor though, which seems like the most balanced variation).

Edit: I mean cancel-able from a distance, in order to trick the opponent into thinking you will use DB+1, and then have them run in or delay wake-up, which you can react to appropriately.

Cancel like MK9 Jax

gibster13

A fan of fans
Necromancer is a stand out zoning vacation, meaning it is obviously built for zoning. But most of it is still pretty shit. One wrong thing and your opponent can run in. Hellsparks are universal so nothing to be said there. The flick is good but tracking is shit and the hand grab is (i have found) really unreliable. I vote make the hand grab like aquamans from the deep because why not :D