What's new

Question - Cryomancer Does Cryomancer Need Ice Ball?

matmusada

Lin Kuei Initiate
Just like the title ask; does Cryo-Sub need the Ice Ball? I wasn't sure where to post this exactly but it was a question that had been on my mind for a while since I've gotten back into practicing with this variation as it's actually my favorite.
Anyways, to get to the point I'm going to say that I'm leaning towards ''In between'' given how slow the move is one start-up, it doesn't chip, and that it scales his combos a bit drastically. However, it still guarantees a free hit, extends his combos, and when MB'ed it gains a faster start-up, chips damage, and eats other projectiles which is nothing to take for granted.
Now I mentioned this in another thread and my solution would be to replace Ice Ball `with a projectile akin to Killer Frost Ice Daggers from IGAU. I liked how fast the move was as a whole and figure that it's also in flavor as well.
I'll go ahead and leave it at that in an attempt to avoid this turning into 'What Character X Needs" thread.((try anyway...))
So what are you guys thoughts?

matmusada

Lin Kuei Initiate
Sub without iceball=Scorp without spear=Kano without Ball=Raiden without yelling racist gibberish during his Superman.
I see where you're coming from and I definitely should've elaborated. Yeah, in the case of Scorpion in his Hellfire variation he gets both his spear AND a fireball...that he can cancel out of no less...

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Just like the title ask; does Cryo-Sub need the Ice Ball? I wasn't sure where to post this exactly but it was a question that had been on my mind for a while since I've gotten back into practicing with this variation as it's actually my favorite.
Anyways, to get to the point I'm going to say that I'm leaning towards ''In between'' given how slow the move is one start-up, it doesn't chip, and that it scales his combos a bit drastically. However, it still guarantees a free hit, extends his combos, and when MB'ed it gains a faster start-up, chips damage, and eats other projectiles which is nothing to take for granted.
Now I mentioned this in another thread and my solution would be to replace Ice Ball `with a projectile akin to Killer Frost Ice Daggers from IGAU. I liked how fast the move was as a whole and figure that it's also in flavor as well.
I'll go ahead and leave it at that in an attempt to avoid this turning into 'What Character X Needs" thread.((try anyway...))
So what are you guys thoughts?

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
I dont get how they made raiden build shit tons of meter with the f12b2 string

While subzero builds nothing with his f122

This variation lacks a meter building tool so badly that its not even funny

Why not make it less punishable on block and it builds good chunk of meter?

After all, this string is only specific to Cryo and would strengthen his game logically.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Worded funny, but i think i get where you're coming from. Ice Blast was a lot better in MK9. Enhanced Ice Blast is a lot better in MKX.

Unless you have Clone absorbing projectiles; it's pretty difficult to get Ice Blast off as a zoning threat. Which means Cryo won't use it much outside of combos.

But then you have the much improved Enhanced Ice Blast. Trade off.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
I see where you're coming from and I definitely should've elaborated. Yeah, in the case of Scorpion in his Hellfire variation he gets both his spear AND a fireball...that he can cancel out of no less...
I...understand what you're trying to say, but it can be misconstrued.
Just playing Devil's advocate: by that logic, Reptile shouldn't have both his forceballs and acid spit.
Kenshi shouldn't have both Telekinetic Slam or Toss.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
well yea you need it. to combo to zone and... well the other reasons you can use subs main move bro ^^

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Imagine if he didn't have it.
Imagine how stupidly easy it would be to zone him.

Even KF daggers didn't stop her from having no realistic approach. At least if Sub checks you with a ball and it hits he has a chance to close in.

I can definitely see the logic in theory of replacing ice ball with a faster projectile for cryo, which would seriously hurt his full screen game and it would make it very hard for him to get in on zoners, however it would make him more rushdown oriented I suppose, interesting idea but he definitely needs ice ball

I wouldn't be opposed to cryo getting a faster dagger like projectile as well as having ice ball, that would be interesting

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Subzero needs his ice ball -- now- i wouldnt mind trading his ice smash for his classic ground freeze or his ice shower.. but thats just me thinking thinking outside the box...

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I feel like Sub Zero, Cryomancer variations ice ball should change like Liu Kang's fireballs in Dragon Fire variation. Make it a more formidable projectile. He's a Cryomancer that doesn't throw more powerful ice ball than some random Lin Kuei scrub? It already doesn't make sense.

NRS threw this character together with like, minimal effort. Grandmaster is the only variation that fits into this game.