What's new

Question - Cryomancer Does Cryomancer Need Ice Ball?

medleyoz

Noob
Maybe he shouldn't have ice ball in Cryomancer as I was told online that I should learn how to play without freezing them every 3 seconds. Not having an iceball would probably help me with that :p

Lokheit

Noob
He totally needs it. He wouldn't have any combo (any combo that you won't laugh at) without needing to burn meter for the EX Hammer if you take the Iceball from him.

B1,2 Iceball (high damage starter), 1,1 Iceball (fast and safe starter), F4 Iceball (long reach and safe starter), 4 Iceball (balance between safety and damage starter), B33 Iceball (low starter, corner or females), 1,2 Iceball (fast and low starter, corner only). You're losing all those meterless combo starters.

If they ever put Frost in the game, I'd be ok giving her some sort of sharp ice projectile because her playstyle will be different, but Sub-Zero IS the Iceball no matter what variation he's playing.

champdee

Noob
This variation might have to be redesigned or probably have changes all over the place with out it such as an ice dagger projectile or something weird instead

(I'd love to see +1, or +2 or more on hit on f4,2,1+3 regardless as a small change as it is anyway before I consider it more useful than gm for me anyway as it is now)

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
You're gonna need to cite those sources bruh cuz we got Bai Han, Kuai Liang, Frost... Shinnok can do it in game. Shit Luigi can do that shit in sm4sh :3

Srsly though, can I read that? It sounds interesting.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
You're gonna need to cite those sources bruh cuz we got Bai Han, Kuai Liang, Frost... Shinnok can do it in game. Shit Luigi can do that shit in sm4sh :3

Srsly though, can I read that? It sounds interesting.
That's likely the three he was talking about, and Shinnok is not in the Lin Kuei, and Liugi is most not certainly not either nor is he a Cryomancer

Shinnok wouldn't count regardless since he just steals a spell it's not actually his power

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Oh okay. I wasn't sure about Frost cuz hers crept along the ground. Anyway, that post wasn't serious, besides the asking for lore part.

Raphael Valiant

PSN: slickz_23
Just like the title ask; does Cryo-Sub need the Ice Ball? I wasn't sure where to post this exactly but it was a question that had been on my mind for a while since I've gotten back into practicing with this variation as it's actually my favorite.
Anyways, to get to the point I'm going to say that I'm leaning towards ''In between'' given how slow the move is one start-up, it doesn't chip, and that it scales his combos a bit drastically. However, it still guarantees a free hit, extends his combos, and when MB'ed it gains a faster start-up, chips damage, and eats other projectiles which is nothing to take for granted.
Now I mentioned this in another thread and my solution would be to replace Ice Ball `with a projectile akin to Killer Frost Ice Daggers from IGAU. I liked how fast the move was as a whole and figure that it's also in flavor as well.
I'll go ahead and leave it at that in an attempt to avoid this turning into 'What Character X Needs" thread.((try anyway...))
So what are you guys thoughts?
No offense bro, this game is fighting genre, where all the kombatants have all their speciality to adapt in the game. What i gonna say is, it depends a lot with ur strategy, maybe u gonna beat tom brady GM with ur cryomancer style with no ice ball? It is possible though. Just concern with the general frame data and view all member video with cryomancer, ull have the experience to advance, and dont forget to participate in local tournament.

matmusada

Lin Kuei Initiate
I can definitely see the logic in theory of replacing ice ball with a faster projectile for cryo, which would seriously hurt his full screen game and it would make it very hard for him to get in on zoners, however it would make him more rushdown oriented I suppose, interesting idea but he definitely needs ice ball

I wouldn't be opposed to cryo getting a faster dagger like projectile as well as having ice ball, that would be interesting
I could see especially when you consider that Scorpio has both his spear and a fireball in his Hellfire variation.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Bring back the UMK3 deep freeze. Bigger (still won't hit crouch), faster, less punishable freezing projectile that does chip/ damage. This would offset the scaling done by regular ice ball while giving him a meterless 50/50 vs the male and female cast because the ice thrown moves faster. Also, this would make zoning him more like trying to zone Dragon Fire Liu Kang, where a trade would mean adv. for SZ. If it did decent enough damage, it could even be used to do some unbreakable damage to an already frozen opponent to close out tight matches.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Have him run cancel his sword strings like A list Johnny. Add more plus frames to f4 2+grab string. Doing this would help him out tremendously. Could you imagine cryo sub hitting f4 2+grab then follows up with sword cancel pressure strings? On top of that his meter building would also be increased.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Cryomancer's good. Get rid of Unbreakable altogether? Then, give him a variation with an Ice Puddle and a snow overhead special.

BTW - Ice Puddle wouldn't be unblockable. Make it hit low and cause a slip stagger-state. If they block it low when it contacts, it disappears. Give it a fast startup - and EX a fast enough start up to be used in combo strings. Then, make his low slide an overhead in this variation.

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I also thought about a dash cancel ice ball like liu and scorpion but I don't know if ppl would like it. But too me he needs it. I'll play the shit out of cryo sub if these changes happen.