What's new

Does anyone want the run move to return?

Should running return?

• Total voters

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Dashing works just fine. But if it does comeback as a form of forward forward to run much like dashing make it so it has recovery to wiff punish it.

Running straight at someone trying to do rushdown will lead you into fake setups designed to make you run. Imagine running into ice clones. No thank you.
...............I thought that was the main point of the ice clone - a defensive move used to sometimes catch a player being overly aggressive toward Sub-zero.

Peckapowa

Champion
That sounds more like MK2 Liu Kang. Speaking of which, awesome sig by the way.

You're entitled to your opinion and I essentially agree but I don't see how that encourages or deters footsies so to speak. In the grand scheme of things, footsies are what you make them.
i want it to be a different footsie game than injustice, better walk speed, less about fast dashes in punishing, i am sure you can play footsies with a run button, i guess i just prefer dash blocking and walking style. I Just think traditional sf/mk9 movement lends to a more footsie oriented game, i am not sure how a run button would work, it would depend on the recovery and speed and how fast you can cancel it and such. It woul dalso changing the the zoning game.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
...............I thought that was the main point of the ice clone - a defensive move used to sometimes catch a player being overly aggressive toward Sub-zero.
I was using it as example.
Shadow Priests have no legs that we have seen. How would a Shadow Priest run?

VOR

Apprentice
I like the idea of a run button, forwards and backwards. i also like the idea of while running attacks/mixups as long as the risk/reward ratio is done right. I think some characters could have running and some could have air dashing. Regardless, I think their needs to be different mobility options in MK10.

Colares

Apprentice
Run means no footsies? KOFXIII has the best balance in this generation.
I loved it, the game was more agressive.
But maybe a run button that made your dash become a run or an universal mechanic so everyone can pressure.
Kof has runs and 4 different jumps for it.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
lol @ the poll. NRS loves its fans.

I think alot of the NO voters never played umk3 or dont quite understand how good a RUN button or the ability to run in MKX will be ...

The people who voted NO probably make good use out of the Switch Stance button :DOGE

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
the worst is not the inclusion of running but the need to dash before it, imo. I would have added the option to choose dash or run before the match, ala Chaos Code.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
you don't have to dash before it. f,f+bl = run
From what I understand, though, the run itself can be activated at any time during the dash. Which pretty much invalidates any reason to have a dash, since you cannot just dash then block without that chance of accidentally activating run.

Run is probably best left to a button if they want a normal dash, too.

trufenix

bye felicia
From what I understand, though, the run itself can be activated at any time during the dash. Which pretty much invalidates any reason to have a dash, since you cannot just dash then block without that chance of accidentally activating run.

(forward) dash is stamina free, which means getting punished for a dash wouldn't burn your breaker. Getting punished for a run is unbreakable damage.

Still too much MK9 style dash block thought going on. There should be no more thoughts of "testing the waters" by dashing and then holding block to see what happens. That's why block is run. Now, if you want to go in, you go in. You jump off a tree or cancelling a run into a safe string marvel / gg style. If you want to be safe, walk.

huh

Mortal

Can anyone explain in more detail how the run works?

I know that you press f, f and block.
And I know that you can press block during the dash to run. But here are some questions:

- you have to ff, hold f and press block to run? Or you can release f and then press block?

If you have to hold f and press block, it is better than the other way. Because then, if you want to block after a dash, you could release f and press block at anytime during the dash and the run would not come out. And if you want to run, you would hold f while pressing block. That would make it easier to make clear commands, with practice, and no timing issues to worry about. But, if it's the other way, if you run even when you release f and press block during the dash, that''s trickier... So, anyone can clarify?

- the run can be activated anytime during the dash? Even at the very end of it, just before we stop dashing? Or it is a thing that just works within a time frame shorter than the dash duration? How short? Untill the middle of the dash? 3/4?

If someone who tried the game could clarify, it would help a lot to understand how difficult or easy the mechanics of run and block are.