What's new

Question Does anyone still main the Bat?

What do you mean by powerful? lol Batman's top 5...8 at least
Yes, he is, absolutely, no doubt about it. But you can`t deny that he has tough matchups against some top tiers like Aquaman, Superman and Black Adam, and if you go to a tournament, you will have to fight those characters A LOT.
That being said I repeat: Batman is top, a very (VERY) strong and well rounded character.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Yes, he is, absolutely, no doubt about it. But you can`t deny that he has tough matchups against some top tiers like Aquaman, Superman and Black Adam, and if you go to a tournament, you will have to fight those characters A LOT.
That being said I repeat: Batman is top, a very (VERY) strong and well rounded character.

Yeah, I do agree with that...I'm starting to see more and more Aquamans(mens? men?)...I think it's the worst MU for Batman

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I main Batman. I'm taking a break from him to learn some different characters, but He's my favorite in the game. He's also my favorite super hero so I'll never drop him.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
On the topic of not seeing alot of Green Arrows thats just a lie but then again im on psn and psn people are hardcore chris g dickriders go online in marvel play nothing but Morrigans go online in sf4 see nothing but Sakura's. I'm a Superman Main but I play bats when i'm running a longer set with someone and just dont feel like i can open them up. Supes has the weakest most obvios talked about and bitched about frametrap of all time so plus no lows and overheads that are slower/ more obvios than the old balrog gaurd crush special.
Batman has a very good high low game however I feel theres not alot of him for a few reasons. A aquaman and Green Lantern are terrible matchups for him as they are for everyone I'm thoroughly convinced that for all the bitching we hear about Black adam and even Superman still to an extent, These two are the best characters in the entiregame. Batman also has this issue called Batgirl and Nightwing both do alot of what he does but better Batgirls unseeable high low game as well as her teleport and vortex shenanigans are a welcome tradeoff to the 10% more damage batman gets out of his bnbs i think he gets a little more mileage out of defensive play with bats and parry but this is a game were safe offense is king so defensive play is pretty much at the bottom of the totem pole as far as meta goes.
Not to say hes bottom of the totem pole but his advatage over other characters that are similar is an irrelevant advantage.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yes. I'm actually surprised everyone doesn't main him. He is the best in the game.

The fact that his trait hasn't been reduced is crazy, I honestly thought he would have the shit nerfed out of him by now, I can't believe he is surviving the nerfs.

Black Adam, Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman and Sinestro are kings of the "you mad bro" club.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I play Batman and Bane as co-mains. I have a blast playing as Bruce. He's got a tool for everything.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I tinkered with Superman for a bit, but I'm now certain that I will continue to use Batman through-and-through. I just feel the most comfortable with him and his play style.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I should probably play him more tbh, but I am in love with Frost and Batgirl and focusing on them as 1 and 2 at the moment.

batman takes effort to learn compared to a lot of the other top characters in this game, and i think he's farther from reaching his full potential than say aquaman

that's definitely a factor in early-game tournament popularity

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Thinking of learning Batman. I got a few BnBs down and his setups seem pretty brain dead to begin at first, end stuff with b2,3, dash or no dash up? Win?

Okay so now I am digging around for oki setups and some trait extended damage. Where at?

D

Deleted member 9158

I don't main him, but I use him sometimes. Been meaning to practice him more though

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Batman is good, but hard to use. So hes not as popular as his goodness warrants.

Plus hardly any 'new tech' is being found so... few posts.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
What do you mean by powerful? lol Batman's top 5...8 at least
While hes top 5, hes just more balanced than the rest and actually requires a lot of patience. Superman, Black Adam, Aquaman, Nightwing give him trouble. A big problem for batman is his lack of pressure game without Bats due to his terrible d1. All his plus strings leave him to far away to check you with a d1 but your opponent can check you with a d1 to easily reverse pressure and Batman can never poke back since his d1 is only 7 frames and 0 on block.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I main the Bat. I'm stuck with this character for life, LOL.

Also trying to get into Wonder Woman and Scorpion.

*whips his cape around himself*

xQUANTUMx - you better be happy.