What's new

Does anyone here play Pokemon competitively?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Dude...

DragonPick and anyone else

People do nothing but use spikes and stealth rock's and use healing moves... this is so lame. lol
Think of those moves as IAGB and Spirit Charge. They are really good. Get a pokemon who can learn Rapid Spin to combat that, else it's going to keep happening

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
You've gotta learn to make reads when people are going to do that and combat it effectively.

There's a single move that counters all of that.... its name is Taunt
nah, forget that... I'm doing it back. Who's the best pokemon that can use whirlwind and spikes?

Solo

Shadow Priest
Fuck Smogon, Serebii all the way.

I tried play competitive once... EV Training's not for me. I use the mons' I like.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
lol, I just won with Skarmory by doing this:

spikes, spikes, spikes... whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind

Then I brought Mew in and up my attack then baton passed back to skarmory. lol

This is so lame!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

I tried play competitive once... EV Training's not for me. I use the mons' I like.
what's a smogon and serebii?

I'd like to use my favorite "mons" but they all suck apparently. =/

Team I just made is:

Skarmory, Mew, Gyarados, Genesect, Alakazam, and Tyranitar

Solo

Shadow Priest

Team I just made is:

Smogon for competitive play.
Serebii is basically your ingame stuff. If you're looking for an certain item, move, Pokemon, event, best go there.

They're sites.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Anybody know how you can get it to where you don't have to choose a nickname and make a team every time you go to the pokemonshowdown.com site?

Or do you just have to do it every time?

LuciusAxelrod

Robot Ninja
I dabble in competitive pokémon. This summer I placed 12th at the VGC Nationals in Canada using a gravity team. It was pretty fun.

EV training isn't even the real hard part. I feel like getting the proper IVs for your guys is a heck of a lot tougher, especially if they are legendary (no breeding tricks) or if you need a weird set to get a specific Hidden Power.
But if you're going to be playing competitive pokémon then you're probably going to be making your own guys using a save editor. They still have all legal values, of course, but you don't have to take the time to raise them yourself. It lets you focus on the metagame instead of taking months to breed your team (and then finding out it's garbage).

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Anybody know how you can get it to where you don't have to choose a nickname and make a team every time you go to the pokemonshowdown.com site?

Or do you just have to do it every time?
Just type your name in on the top right. The site works on cookies and that's just as good as signing in

Solo

Shadow Priest
I dabble in competitive pokémon. This summer I placed 12th at the VGC Nationals in Canada using a gravity team. It was pretty fun.

EV training isn't even the real hard part. I feel like getting the proper IVs for your guys is a heck of a lot tougher, especially if they are legendary (no breeding tricks) or if you need a weird set to get a specific Hidden Power.
But if you're going to be playing competitive pokémon then you're probably going to be making your own guys using a save editor. They still have all legal values, of course, but you don't have to take the time to raise them yourself. It lets you focus on the metagame instead of taking months to breed your team (and then finding out it's garbage).
IV isn't all that hard. Breeding for legit shiny Pokemon is hard. >_>

You can always go to one of those Pokemon sites, they'll breed a 31 IV for you. Although.. you won't if they're legit or not.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Team I just made is:

Use who you want. You can make viable teams without going all top tiers.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Havent played since like a few months back, been playing too many other games and pokemon b/w2 coming out changed the meta around again and i got put off. The new forms for the genies blow me away, and theres just so many stupid combinations of OP shit now that its getting too much.

I basically only played defensive pokemon with a stall/counter team in mind, but now the meta has shifted to pokemon with overpowered typings and attacks and all the good stall teams lie in OU and Ubers now and anything lower tiered is so limiting.

Might play some games again at some point if i find myself free to do so, but you better have 100+ turns worth of time on your hands because haxxorus sweeps bore me.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, Hydreigon's a suspect already, Metagross isn't too bad though. They also dropped Jolteon, Toxicroak, Tornadus and Meloetta, but they don't let us use Roserade.
The fact that Roserade is over Tornadus is dumb. Roserade is good, but not that good. Meanwhile, Tornadus in weather is cheesy as fuck. Toxicroak in UU is barely believable...same with Jolteon.

Xavier Pendragon

Eternal Champion
Wait...since when?
Since PO's October tier shifts.
The fact that Roserade is over Tornadus is dumb. Roserade is good, but not that good. Meanwhile, Tornadus in weather is cheesy as fuck. Toxicroak in UU is barely believable...same with Jolteon.
I know, they seem to think Roserade can counter every spinner, although I think Hitmontop does OK against it.
I've been using a rain team on the ladder with Tornadus, Kingdra, Raikou, Toxicroak, Azumarill and Metagross, and it's gotten me to the top 50 on the ladder (until I got haxed by stall teams D: )