What's new

Doctor Fate Matchup Discussion

The point about Superman being able to punish glyph with b2 is good in theory. But in reality it is a just frame which you can't mash like you can reversal specials. B2 is death on block, so it is a risk to mess up a just frame punish to eat a full combo.
On top of that you can't always do that just frame reliably, because at the further ranges of f2, glyph leaves you at a distance where b2 connects but a bit later and it messes up the punish. Couple of such failed punishes and Superman will be afraid to do it again even at the range where it does work.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Guys, i need help in the Atom MU... i think his stomp can counter-zone Fate... its very easy for him to get the life lead with his trait and he can use teleport to get even more life lead... how do u guys play this MU?

@OmGxBdON

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Guys, i need help in the Atom MU... i think his stomp can counter-zone Fate... its very easy for him to get the life lead with his trait and he can use teleport to get even more life lead... how do u guys play this MU?

@OmGxBdON
From my experience stomp shouldn't counter zone, it's like 32 frame startup or something ridiculous.

Atom gets past Fate's zoning pretty easily though with trait and teleport.

Bruno-NeoSpace

From my experience stomp shouldn't counter zone, it's like 32 frame startup or something ridiculous.

Atom gets past Fate's zoning pretty easily though with trait and teleport.
At fullscreen his stomp trades with your fireball... and his stomp does more damage.

Bruno-NeoSpace

How is Starfire vs Dr Fate?
I think it's one of his 3 losing matchups:

Fate vs Starfire = 4-6
Fate vs Superman = 4-6
Fate vs Atom = 4-6

The problem in the Starfire MU is that it's easier for her to get the life lead since her zoning does damage, also the fly that disrescpect plus frames and she can challenge Fate's glyph on block with her F2.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I think it's one of his 3 losing matchups:

Fate vs Starfire = 4-6
Fate vs Superman = 4-6
Fate vs Atom = 4-6

The problem in the Starfire MU is that it's easier for her to get the life lead since her zoning does damage, also the fly that disrescpect plus frames and she can challenge Fate's glyph on block with her F2.
I don't think starfire beats fate by any means, it's quite a ridiculous conclusion. Dr fate actually zones her out easily if you're not spamming as a high level player shouldn't be doing. Fate can throw out a projectile even without trait or meter and recover in time to throw out another then trade... If starfire tries to throw hers after she blocks she takes two amon ra blasts thanks to the startup and recovery of dr fates projectile. If dr fate plays smart, he will amon ra and block and completely duck with no chip starfire's counter projectile, leaving him plus frames to throw out another one. If she uses trait instead, he will duck it, the only way she is doing chip is to use meter, and even then she only gets 20 dmg if he ducks. The onus is totally on starfire to get in. Pls lab her and don't make a mockery of MU numbers as TYM are prone to do.

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
DF1 on midscreen stops his jumps and he cant zone you at that range. Pushblock on his plus frames and B2 stops even his divekicks.
you gotta time the b2 on his dive kick tho, doesnt seem easy.

that being said, i know people complain about his b2, but im glad it exists, like it stops people from just cheesing they're way in with characters, Fate's like nah bruh u gon do this shit right! lol

Bruno-NeoSpace

I don't think starfire beats fate by any means, it's quite a ridiculous conclusion. Dr fate actually zones her out easily if you're not spamming as a high level player shouldn't be doing. Fate can throw out a projectile even without trait or meter and recover in time to throw out another then trade... If starfire tries to throw hers after she blocks she takes two amon ra blasts thanks to the startup and recovery of dr fates projectile. If dr fate plays smart, he will amon ra and block and completely duck with no chip starfire's counter projectile, leaving him plus frames to throw out another one. If she uses trait instead, he will duck it, the only way she is doing chip is to use meter, and even then she only gets 20 dmg if he ducks. The onus is totally on starfire to get in. Pls lab her and don't make a mockery of MU numbers as TYM are prone to do.
Everytime she blocks Fate's glyph she can challenge him. He has to respect her. Fate can't B2 her since her J3 is insane. Her damage output is better than Fate's. And her fly... doesnt even need to talk about it.

MU is not decided just focusing on max range fullscreen and even if it were, if she starts throwing her DF1 and then Fate tries to do his DF1, Fate will get hit and she will block.

Doctor Fate will zone her only if he gets a great life lead because on the trade against her trait she's winning.

How do you deal with superman's zoning ? Is he Fate's worst MU ? How about supergirl ?
And also how do you properly zone adam ?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I mean yeah if supes has the life lead you don't have much choice but to go in. Fortunately, dr fate gets in for free with red ankhs. Just b1d3u3 and realease them, you'll be in and if he blocked, the ankhs will give you more than enough blockstun to start something.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
hey , i know most people don't really play this game but how do i handle other zoners with fate, like against characters like starfire and deadshot. when you have to chase characters down as fate, how should i go about this? like when deadshot has the lifelead or something and they keep activating blue trait so can't really trade or anything.