What's new

Doctor Fate Matchup Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I seriously don't think Superman is a 7-3. I believe it's a 5-5 maybe more so a 6-4. The problem is because he's one of the few characters that don't allow you to play the way Fate was designed. That mu has to approached in a very honest way from the Fate player. Ankh pressure and whiff punishing f23 are an absolute must. Also if he tries to keep the life lead with air lasers then check him with b1d3u3. Landing thst while having all 3 ankhs will allow you a free set up. Jumping back on air lasers is another must so that you dont take unnecessary chip and USE HIS BREATH OF LIFE! AM I the only Fate doing so? It allows Fate to stay even or ahead of his opponent in life. It seems like nobody is using all of his tools.
The fact that Superman is one of the only characters able to punish db2 is the main reason its so bad. You can't approach him without being unsafe and eating 40%. Calling Ankhs in the neutral also has too much recovery so you will most likely have to block a laser if not already be hit by one.

The fact that Superman is one of the only characters able to punish db2 is the main reason its so bad. You can't approach him without being unsafe and eating 40%. Calling Ankhs in the neutral also has too much recovery so you will most likely have to block a laser if not already be hit by one.
True but it's not as though Fate has no ways to check superman for any of this Bs. A 7-3 is literally an impossible Mu to win and after labbing with Bdon and skeezer I have to stand by my original statement and say 5-5 or 6-4 superman. Fate just has to play more honest than superman so it feels much harder than it is. Trust I agree it's a beyond frustrating mu but once you know your options and understand a Superman's players tendencies then you'll approach it a different way. @OmGxBdON

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
True but it's not as though Fate has no ways to check superman for any of this Bs. A 7-3 is literally an impossible Mu to win and after labbing with Bdon and skeezer I have to stand by my original statement and say 5-5 or 6-4 superman. Fate just has to play more honest than superman so it feels much harder than it is. Trust I agree it's a beyond frustrating mu but once you know your options and understand a Superman's players tendencies then you'll approach it a different way. @OmGxBdON
when u said fate nerf, were u talking about midscreen throw combo with ankhs. did they really take that out?????????

so actual strategy discussion/question here:

With EVO coming up, and my discovery that my pool is full of bad matchups - what are the go to strategies against superman, deadshot, and RH other than putting the controller down and walking away?

vs superman i've been just brawling it out. DS i can't do shit against though, because he outzones if i get 2 combos and push him away with db2. RH avoiding all fireballs and not being able to punish his b23 is a little annoying (-6 vs 6f d1).

OmGxBdON

so actual strategy discussion/question here:

With EVO coming up, and my discovery that my pool is full of bad matchups - what are the go to strategies against superman, deadshot, and RH other than putting the controller down and walking away?

vs superman i've been just brawling it out. DS i can't do shit against though, because he outzones if i get 2 combos and push him away with db2. RH avoiding all fireballs and not being able to punish his b23 is a little annoying (-6 vs 6f d1).
Pickup supergirl and just grind the other two out

DarksydeDash

@OmGxBdON

Tips on the Flash matchup?

Obviously push blocking but what is really annoying for me to deal with are the following:

1. Flash walking up and blocking my orbs after I spend a bar to keep them in place.

2. Running man stance slide low profiling my orbs and projectiles in general since he can do it after blocking an orb

3. Countering running man stance in general. Flash players can cancel it at anytime making it a guess between a string or a throw mixup and react to anything I do. For example: If I throw an orb, it gets interrupted by the headbutt special from RS 1, if I throw a projectile he can slide under it, etc. Using Red ankhs is useless because while he is running they completely miss him.

Is there an option that stops him from just running fullscreen after blocking an orb and low profiling the projectiles?

I'm not losing very often in it but I feel I can play it better.

OmGxBdON

@OmGxBdON

Tips on the Flash matchup?

Obviously push blocking but what is really annoying for me to deal with are the following:

1. Flash walking up and blocking my orbs after I spend a bar to keep them in place.

2. Running man stance slide low profiling my orbs and projectiles in general since he can do it after blocking an orb

3. Countering running man stance in general. Flash players can cancel it at anytime making it a guess between a string or a throw mixup and react to anything I do. For example: If I throw an orb, it gets interrupted by the headbutt special from RS 1, if I throw a projectile he can slide under it, etc. Using Red ankhs is useless because while he is running they completely miss him.

Is there an option that stops him from just running fullscreen after blocking an orb and low profiling the projectiles?

I'm not losing very often in it but I feel I can play it better.
Stop the orb in front of u and out nuetral him the best you can. And just block running man stance sometimes cuz u can punish it all.

DarksydeDash

Updated matchup chart for Fate, shoutouts to @OmGxBdON for the matchup advice.

Aquaman: 5-5
Straight up zoning war; Tentacle Strike vs Amon Ra Blast. Meter Management and Ankh Management is key in this matchup. You want to abuse trait any time you block a Tentacle Strike from him since you win the chip war. Once he is conditioned to blocking, you can sneak an orb in but a smart player will punish you on reaction or use a MB roll to get in the moment they see the orb's startup. If Aquaman gets in you need to immediately push block him. If you have Red Ankhs available, use them to prevent him from approaching as well. Also remember to air tech out of his combos if he tries to go for max damage and MB roll when approaching the corner.

Atrocitus: 5-5
Probably one of the most weird matchups for the doc. We win the trade of Amon Ra Blast v Bloodnado in terms of damage but we are also put close to him so you are in position to be mixed. As expected pushblock him the moment he comes in with F223 and Dex Starr but also make sure you have Ankhs at the ready. Fate's Red ankhs ignore the Red Lantern's shield from Dex and juggle him backward. If you are able to move, you can land a MB Amon Ra Blast which sends him fullscreen. It will also take time away from his trait. Be cautious throwing orbs out as he can punish you on reaction with Bloodnado.

Bane: 6-4
Bane really can't do anything midscreen. MB roll gets you outside of the corner when he starts to corner you, and not only do we break armor on the rage charge with our projectile, we are actually able to punish it with F2u3 and send him fullscreen again. If he gets you in the corner on knockdown however, it will be easy for him to get a life lead. Avoid approaching him at all costs and keep him locked down with orbs. ALWAYS MB b3 his jump ins since b2 and d2 will not be enough to anti air him.

Batman: 4-6
Although this matchup is winnable it is very hard. Batman is one of the few characters whose crouching hitbox ducks all our fireballs outside of midscreen so this gives him time to get his trait out and rush us down. MB orb is key in this matchup as it allows you to walk back and zone him out. Also, don't try to anti air him with b2, use j1. Lastly, pushblock him if he has bats out and MB roll out of the corner with an orb to cover yourself.

Black Adam 4-6
We actually do win the zoning war but if he blocks ANYTHING, he can check us with black magic and quickly get a life lead. MB divekick is a problem as he can punish whiffed projectiles. One touch from him also means that we can't sit back and zone him so we have to go in. Trading with Black Magic is in his favor and if he blocks a db2, he can punish us with F12. However, we can check him in the footsie range with a d1xxdb2. It is extremely important to have trait when you engage up close so your db2 actually becomes a launcher. Consider placing an orb in front of yourself so divekicking is no longer an option for Adam.

Black Canary 6-4
She lacks good range to compete with F2 and as long as you respect lvl 3 trait she can't really get in. If she touches you once though, then it could be game over. Push blocking her and knowing stage interactables that she can use to get in are very import here. Orbs are key here because even if she hits you with a lvl 3 trait, she can't advance forward. That aside, she can sweep and b1 under orbs unless they are stopped in place.

Blue Beetle: 5-5
This matchup is literally all about abusing chip damage from trait and winning trades. Also, BB does have air mobility and will use it if you get an orb out. Dash forward to put yourself in position to reaction to forward movement and punish him with a j1. Other notable facts are his j2 can randomly avoid our wakeup and punish us for a full combo. In blade stance he can always punish db2 with a 6 frame. Familiarize yourself with his 111 string as there is a gap between the 2nd and 3rd hit that we can punish with a d1xxdb2. On his wakeup, it is recommended to neutral jump on read so you can get a B3/F3 punish on his whiffed wakeup.

Brainiac 5-5:
Brainiac does not have much to deal with our fullscreen game and can easily be hit out of the air with a j1 on reaction. The best way to go about this matchup is to stand inside MB Orb so he can't approach from the air. Be careful though as Brainiac can attack you through the orb using b12 as well as completely bully you in the corner. As expected, he can easily get a life lead with one touch from a divekick. That being said, there is a gap you can exploit between the 1st and 2nd hit of the MB divekick and even if you miss the gap, you can always punish him with a 112.

Captain Cold 7-3:
Literally zone him out and don't even worry about trades. He can't compete with F2 range, and has no chance to charge his gun.

Catwoman 4-6
Where to begin? Her crouching hitbox and B3 goes under everything, we can't anti air her and her damage is crazy. We also have to be aware of MB catdash. That said, your best bet winning this is to abuse MB Orb and keep her locked down. Do not MB b3 to anti air her because she will easily break your armor. Try to react to her jump ins with a j1 and take the time to call ankhs while she is behind an orb. Using the red ankhs can trade with MB Catdash in your favor. Remember that she can't abuse Feline Evade here either since you have threat of MB Amon Ra Blast.

Cheetah 5-5
Standing inside of MB orbs is a great way to shut her down from advancing on you and buys you time to call and launch ankhs off. When all ankhs connect and she has to respect the spell of judgement, you can immediately put another orb on screen and repeat the process. If she has trait out and touches you, clash immediately. Again, MB roll out of the corner as you approach it. Cheetah players love using MB F3 on knockdown which is +10 so delaying wakeup is very useful here. Always push block.

Cyborg 6-4
Zoning war, we outchip and win all trades. Very boring matchup. If he tries to grapple in, J1 will take care of him or you can jump stand inside MB orbs. If he tries to MB B3 or F3, F2xxdb2 breaks it. You can call ankhs here if you want.

Darkseid: 4-6
He zones us out super hard, out damages us, and we can't trade with him at all. Oh yeah, he also has 50/50s. Minion creates serious mindgames and stops us from advancing. MB F3 on his wakeup is useless since it gets armor broken and blocking it lets him be plus. B2 is your go to tool to stop him from teleporting in and if you are ready to block a stomp, you can punish him with a F/B3. Walk Darkseid so he has to play in your F2 range and you might have a chance.

Deadshot: 3-7
Honestly don't even bother playing this one. You can't trade, you can't dash, you basically don't even get to play the game. If you are lucky to corner him and try to MB F3 his wakeup, sucks for you because your F3 gets armor broken by his MB knee. Trust me, he will always have bar and will push block you if you manage to get in. Have fun with his staggers.

Doctor Fate: 5-5
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW, "PIERCING LIGHT OF ADAM ROTH," "VENGEANCE OF HORUS!!!"

FireStorm: 6-4
We win the trades, especially in trait. He doesn't have anything that can compete with F2's range. The only thing you need to be careful of is walking back since molten trap can catch you. You can easily abuse MB F3 on his wakeup too. Push block him if goes for plus frames, clash if he has lvl 3 trait, and exploit his gaps.

Flash: 5-5
We can lame him out very well but he has options using running man stance to low profile and punish us. If he blocks your db2, he can "punish" it with a 50/50 into over 50% and corner carry or check all of your options with bf3 but we can whiff punish him. Use ankhs in zoning here a lot to stop him from vibrating from fullscreen. On the brightside, Flash doesn't have the normals to compete with F2's range, lacks a threatening wakeup and isn't threatening from fullscreen in the slightest. Pushblock him and delay wakeup to avoid the guessing game if he gets in. Pay attention to his meter since he can Super anything on reaction. This can be the deciding factor for the whole match if he has a large life lead. If the Flash player is going to keep walking up and blocking orbs, you can constantly keep putting orbs on screen. Be aware of running man stance's forward movement and check him with a b2. After blocking a F3, Flash can always check you with bf3 as well.

Grodd: 6-4
MB Orbs all day, everyday and stand inside it so he can't do his Harambe leap on you. If he activates trait and gets the projectile immunity off, pushblock him when you get the chance, respect the range of Mind Control, and abuse MB Roll if you see him go airborne.

Green Arrow: 6-4
Lame him out. He can't outzone us because of trait and the fact he has to load arrows. He is also another another character that can't compete with F2 range and gets locked down by MB Orb.

Green Lantern: 6-4
We win the zoning war, but he can win trades or react to orbs with his MB battery blast. His B1 out ranges our F2 so playing in his footsie range is extremely dangerous. Waking up against his setups is useless so always delay wakeup if you see him go for one. Blocking a db2 outside of trait means we have to respect the B1. If you can keep him fullscreen with MB Orb, this one isn't too bad.

Harley: 6-4
Gunshots may seem annoying but as long you duck and check her with your own projectile its fine, and that includes her air gun. Although she can't compete with F2's range, you have to be extremely careful if she blocks a db2 since her ia j2 can actually sometimes punish it or be very ambiguous. Respect her wakeup as well as Budd and Lou if she manages to throw the bone.

Joker: 7-3
He gets zoned out hard. Even if he goes for an armored Crowbar run, we break the armor with our MB'd projectiles and his jump arc makes it hard for him to get over orbs. Abuse MB B3 as your anti air since his J3 hitbox is insane and respect his d2 range as it is very deceiving. Push blocking him once he's in shuts down any chance he had. Be aware that he can MB roll or punish orb calls with a gunshot.

Poison Ivy: 6-4
In terms of damage from zoning we win, but up close we lose. If she goes for MB F3, we can react with a MB B3. Remember she has no real wakeup either so abusing F3 on knockdown is very strong should you corner her. Don't worry too much about barkskin and push block her to remove trait if she gets close.

Red Hood: 4-6
His B3 lets him do everything Catwoman's does and he has air projectiles. If he blocks ANYTHING from fullscreen, he can dive in with DF3 and we can't stop him. He is also one of the few characters in the game that can always punish db2 outside of trait so getting cornered is death. Playing Footsies with him too is not advised since his b2 has greater range than F2. MB F3 or B3 can be parried or easily broken. He will always have bar from trait and we can't punish his overhead option, making any blockstring from him 6-10% chip damage while he builds half a bar back. Mine does not go away on hit.

Robin: 6-4
He has no projectiles but has extreme range. Keep him out and this is easy. He can use trait to teleport past orbs so be ready punish or check him. Waking up on him is a great way to reset the zoning game. Be careful of MB rolls when throwing orbs out.

Scarecrow: 4-6
Laming him out is extremely difficult.. His F1 has crazy range and low profiles our projectiles. Staying in footsie range is a bad idea since he can easily become +6 with Mb Fear Blast. Abuse MB Roll to prevent yourself from being cornered, do not spend bar on MB orb, and don't let him get a life lead. If you drop below 15% and Scarecrow has trait, the match is over.

Supergirl: 5-5
Very similar to Harley in the fact that her lasers will be annoying. That said, block and duck them and then check her with a projectile. We win the trade and chip war, especially with trait. React to the teleport and punish it with max damage (b3 if no red ankhs) so she has to come to you. Avoid being within her B12 range since it outspaces our F2. If you do have to block a b12, you can exploit her gaps using d1 Throwing, F3, and pressuring on wakeup is recommended here since she has poor wakeup attacks.

Superman: 4-6
He can full combo punish db2 outside of trait with f23 or more b23, abuse air lasers on us, his damage makes it impossible for us to come back and his zoning damage is very high. You can try to MB roll on reaction to the air lasers but if your read was wrong, hold this 50%+ into corner carry. You can't even backdash on wakeup because the 3 after F23 punishes you for it. Do not use trait here unless to chip him out. You need to call two regular ankhs and release them while jumping over air lasers. Once they connect, immediately call and launch the 3rd ankh. This will punish him for anything he attempts to do and gives you enough time to call an orb on block or hit. Remember that you can MB orbs while in the air so he will land on it on the way down from an air laser, giving you time to call ankhs and repeat the process.

Swampthing: 7-3
This poor character. His jump makes it so he can't jump over orbs, hell we can punish him for jumping on reaction with a projectile. He can't really stop the abuse of F2xxdb2 and his wakeup is poor.

Wonder Woman: 5-5
She can parry our projectiles and check us with shields on the ground or in the air at just outside midscreen. Keeping her locked down with MB orbs is the way to go here. Respect her wakeup and punish it according unless its a MB shield bash. In that case, just walk back or make a read on her doing a b2 and punish it with a MB F3. Remember to duck her bf1 if she starts doing it at the end of strings and full combo punish the gap of 223 so she is not always +12 on you. Abusing ankhs here is great since she can't parry them.

Last edited:

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Cheetah bodies fate.
Fate beats flash.
Fate beats wowo.
Atrocitus beats fate.
Harley fate may be even.

Some others that may be different but overall looks pretty good.

OmGxBdON

Updated matchup chart for Fate, shoutouts to @OmGxBdON for the matchup advice.

Aquaman: 5-5
Straight up zoning war; Tentacle Strike vs Amon Ra Blast. Meter Management and Ankh Management is key in this matchup. You want to abuse trait any time you block a Tentacle Strike from him since you win the chip war. Once he is conditioned to blocking, you can sneak an orb in but a smart player will punish you on reaction or use a MB roll to get in the moment they see the orb's startup. If Aquaman gets in you need to immediately push block him. If you have Red Ankhs available, use them to prevent him from approaching as well. Also remember to air tech out of his combos if he tries to go for max damage and MB roll when approaching the corner.

Atrocitus: 5-5
Probably one of the most weird matchups for the doc. We win the trade of Amon Ra Blast v Bloodnado in terms of damage but we are also put close to him so you are in position to be mixed. As expected pushblock him the moment he comes in with F223 and Dex Starr but also make sure you have Ankhs at the ready. Fate's Red ankhs ignore the Red Lantern's shield from Dex and juggle him backward. If you are able to move, you can land a MB Amon Ra Blast which sends him fullscreen. It will also take time away from his trait. Be cautious throwing orbs out as he can punish you on reaction with Bloodnado.

Bane: 6-4
Bane really can't do anything midscreen. MB roll gets you outside of the corner when he starts to corner you, and not only do we break armor on the rage charge with our projectile, we are actually able to punish it with F2u3 and send him fullscreen again. If he gets you in the corner on knockdown however, it will be easy for him to get a life lead. Avoid approaching him at all costs and keep him locked down with orbs. ALWAYS MB b3 his jump ins since b2 and d2 will not be enough to anti air him.

Batman: 4-6
Although this matchup is winnable it is very hard. Batman is one of the few characters whose crouching hitbox ducks all our fireballs outside of midscreen so this gives him time to get his trait out and rush us down. MB orb is key in this matchup as it allows you to walk back and zone him out. Also, don't try to anti air him with b2, use j1. Lastly, pushblock him if he has bats out and MB roll out of the corner with an orb to cover yourself.

Black Adam 4-6
We actually do win the zoning war but if he blocks ANYTHING, he can check us with black magic and quickly get a life lead. MB divekick is a problem as he can punish whiffed projectiles. One touch from him also means that we can't sit back and zone him so we have to go in. Trading with Black Magic is in his favor and if he blocks a db2, he can punish us with F12. However, we can check him in the footsie range with a d1xxdb2. It is extremely important to have trait when you engage up close so your db2 actually becomes a launcher. Consider placing an orb in front of yourself so divekicking is no longer an option for Adam.

Black Canary 6-4
She lacks good range to compete with F2 and as long as you respect lvl 3 trait she can't really get in. If she touches you once though, then it could be game over. Push blocking her and knowing stage interactables that she can use to get in are very import here. Orbs are key here because even if she hits you with a lvl 3 trait, she can't advance forward. That aside, she can sweep and b1 under orbs unless they are stopped in place.

Blue Beetle: 5-5
This matchup is literally all about abusing chip damage from trait and winning trades. Also, BB does have air mobility and will use it if you get an orb out. Dash forward to put yourself in position to reaction to forward movement and punish him with a j1. Other notable facts are his j2 can randomly avoid our wakeup and punish us for a full combo. In blade stance he can always punish db2 with a 6 frame. Familiarize yourself with his 111 string as there is a gap between the 2nd and 3rd hit that we can punish with a d1xxdb2. On his wakeup, it is recommended to neutral jump on read so you can get a B3/F3 punish on his whiffed wakeup.

Brainiac 5-5:
Brainiac does not have much to deal with our fullscreen game and can easily be hit out of the air with a j1 on reaction. The best way to go about this matchup is to stand inside MB Orb so he can't approach from the air. Be careful though as Brainiac can attack you through the orb using b12 as well as completely bully you in the corner. As expected, he can easily get a life lead with one touch from a divekick. That being said, there is a gap you can exploit between the 1st and 2nd hit of the MB divekick and even if you miss the gap, you can always punish him with a 112.

Captain Cold 7-3:
Literally zone him out and don't even worry about trades. He can't compete with F2 range, and has no chance to charge his gun.

Catwoman 4-6
Where to begin? Her crouching hitbox and B3 goes under everything, we can't anti air her and her damage is crazy. We also have to be aware of MB catdash. That said, your best bet winning this is to abuse MB Orb and keep her locked down. Do not MB b3 to anti air her because she will easily break your armor. Try to react to her jump ins with a j1 and take the time to call ankhs while she is behind an orb. Using the red ankhs can trade with MB Catdash in your favor. Remember that she can't abuse Feline Evade here either since you have threat of MB Amon Ra Blast.

Cheetah 5-5
Standing inside of MB orbs is a great way to shut her down from advancing on you and buys you time to call and launch ankhs off. When all ankhs connect and she has to respect the spell of judgement, you can immediately put another orb on screen and repeat the process. If she has trait out and touches you, clash immediately. Again, MB roll out of the corner as you approach it. Cheetah players love using MB F3 on knockdown which is +10 so delaying wakeup is very useful here. Always push block.

Cyborg 6-4
Zoning war, we outchip and win all trades. Very boring matchup. If he tries to grapple in, J1 will take care of him or you can jump stand inside MB orbs. If he tries to MB B3 or F3, F2xxdb2 breaks it. You can call ankhs here if you want.

Darkseid: 4-6
He zones us out super hard, out damages us, and we can't trade with him at all. Oh yeah, he also has 50/50s. Minion creates serious mindgames and stops us from advancing. MB F3 on his wakeup is useless since it gets armor broken and blocking it lets him be plus. B2 is your go to tool to stop him from teleporting in and if you are ready to block a stomp, you can punish him with a F/B3. Walk Darkseid so he has to play in your F2 range and you might have a chance.

Deadshot: 3-7
Honestly don't even bother playing this one. You can't trade, you can't dash, you basically don't even get to play the game. If you are lucky to corner him and try to MB F3 his wakeup, sucks for you because your F3 gets armor broken by his MB knee. Trust me, he will always have bar and will push block you if you manage to get in. Have fun with his staggers.

Doctor Fate: 5-5
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW, "PIERCING LIGHT OF ADAM ROTH," "VENGEANCE OF HORUS!!!"

FireStorm: 6-4
We win the trades, especially in trait. He doesn't have anything that can compete with F2's range. The only thing you need to be careful of is walking back since molten trap can catch you. You can easily abuse MB F3 on his wakeup too. Push block him if goes for plus frames, clash if he has lvl 3 trait, and exploit his gaps.

Flash: 5-5
We can lame him out very well but he has options using running man stance to low profile and punish us. If he blocks your db2, he can "punish" it with a 50/50 into over 50% and corner carry or check all of your options with bf3 but we can whiff punish him. Use ankhs in zoning here a lot to stop him from vibrating from fullscreen. On the brightside, Flash doesn't have the normals to compete with F2's range, lacks a threatening wakeup and isn't threatening from fullscreen in the slightest. Pushblock him and delay wakeup to avoid the guessing game if he gets in. Pay attention to his meter since he can Super anything on reaction. This can be the deciding factor for the whole match if he has a large life lead. If the Flash player is going to keep walking up and blocking orbs, you can constantly keep putting orbs on screen. Be aware of running man stance's forward movement and check him with a b2. After blocking a F3, Flash can always check you with bf3 as well.

Grodd: 6-4
MB Orbs all day, everyday and stand inside it so he can't do his Harambe leap on you. If he activates trait and gets the projectile immunity off, pushblock him when you get the chance, respect the range of Mind Control, and abuse MB Roll if you see him go airborne.

Green Arrow: 6-4
Lame him out. He can't outzone us because of trait and the fact he has to load arrows. He is also another another character that can't compete with F2 range and gets locked down by MB Orb.

Green Lantern: 6-4
We win the zoning war, but he can win trades or react to orbs with his MB battery blast. His B1 out ranges our F2 so playing in his footsie range is extremely dangerous. Waking up against his setups is useless so always delay wakeup if you see him go for one. Blocking a db2 outside of trait means we have to respect the B1. If you can keep him fullscreen with MB Orb, this one isn't too bad.

Harley: 6-4
Gunshots may seem annoying but as long you duck and check her with your own projectile its fine, and that includes her air gun. Although she can't compete with F2's range, you have to be extremely careful if she blocks a db2 since her ia j2 can actually sometimes punish it or be very ambiguous. Respect her wakeup as well as Budd and Lou if she manages to throw the bone.

Joker: 7-3
He gets zoned out hard. Even if he goes for an armored Crowbar run, we break the armor with our MB'd projectiles and his jump arc makes it hard for him to get over orbs. Abuse MB B3 as your anti air since his J3 hitbox is insane and respect his d2 range as it is very deceiving. Push blocking him once he's in shuts down any chance he had. Be aware that he can MB roll or punish orb calls with a gunshot.

Poison Ivy: 6-4
In terms of damage from zoning we win, but up close we lose. If she goes for MB F3, we can react with a MB B3. Remember she has no real wakeup either so abusing F3 on knockdown is very strong should you corner her. Don't worry too much about barkskin and push block her to remove trait if she gets close.

Red Hood: 4-6
His B3 lets him do everything Catwoman's does and he has air projectiles. If he blocks ANYTHING from fullscreen, he can dive in with DF3 and we can't stop him. He is also one of the few characters in the game that can always punish db2 outside of trait so getting cornered is death. Playing Footsies with him too is not advised since his b2 has greater range than F2. MB F3 or B3 can be parried or easily broken. He will always have bar from trait and we can't punish his overhead option, making any blockstring from him 6-10% chip damage while he builds half a bar back. Mine does not go away on hit.

Robin: 6-4
He has no projectiles but has extreme range. Keep him out and this is easy. He can use trait to teleport past orbs so be ready punish or check him. Waking up on him is a great way to reset the zoning game. Be careful of MB rolls when throwing orbs out.

Scarecrow: 4-6
Laming him out is extremely difficult.. His F1 has crazy range and low profiles our projectiles. Staying in footsie range is a bad idea since he can easily become +6 with Mb Fear Blast. Abuse MB Roll to prevent yourself from being cornered, do not spend bar on MB orb, and don't let him get a life lead. If you drop below 15% and Scarecrow has trait, the match is over.

Supergirl: 5-5
Very similar to Harley in the fact that her lasers will be annoying. That said, block and duck them and then check her with a projectile. We win the trade and chip war, especially with trait. React to the teleport and punish it with max damage (b3 if no red ankhs) so she has to come to you. Avoid being within her B12 range since it outspaces our F2. If you do have to block a b12, you can exploit her gaps using d1 Throwing, F3, and pressuring on wakeup is recommended here since she has poor wakeup attacks.

Superman: 4-6
He can full combo punish db2 outside of trait with f23 or more b23, abuse air lasers on us, his damage makes it impossible for us to come back and his zoning damage is very high. You can try to MB roll on reaction to the air lasers but if your read was wrong, hold this 50%+ into corner carry. You can't even backdash on wakeup because the 3 after F23 punishes you for it. Do not use trait here unless to chip him out. You need to call two regular ankhs and release them while jumping over air lasers. Once they connect, immediately call and launch the 3rd ankh. This will punish him for anything he attempts to do and gives you enough time to call an orb on block or hit. Remember that you can MB orbs while in the air so he will land on it on the way down from an air laser, giving you time to call ankhs and repeat the process.

Swampthing: 7-3
This poor character. His jump makes it so he can't jump over orbs, hell we can punish him for jumping on reaction with a projectile. He can't really stop the abuse of F2xxdb2 and his wakeup is poor.

Wonder Woman: 5-5
She can parry our projectiles and check us with shields on the ground or in the air at just outside midscreen. Keeping her locked down with MB orbs is the way to go here. Respect her wakeup and punish it according unless its a MB shield bash. In that case, just walk back or make a read on her doing a b2 and punish it with a MB F3. Remember to duck her bf1 if she starts doing it at the end of strings and full combo punish the gap of 223 so she is not always +12 on you. Abusing ankhs here is great since she can't parry them.
Fate aqua 6-4
Fate-darkseid 5-5

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Patience, zone, control nuetral, can jump 1 anti air on read and reaction
On a read? Sure. On reaction Vs his j1? Nope, don't think so.

Imho the best thing to do on reaction is b2 for a combo or a trade, depending on distance

OmGxBdON

On a read? Sure. On reaction Vs his j1? Nope, don't think so.

Imho the best thing to do on reaction is b2 for a combo or a trade, depending on distance
Aqua,player won't go for j1 9/10 it's a jump 2 and u have to let the jump rock before u do jump 2 to do it effectively. I use jump 1 on reaction all the time and it works for me

thlityoursloat

kick kick
How do you even deal with Cheetah? Our mid projectile becomes a high in this MU and I'm not sure how Fate can deal with the braindead leaping shit.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
How do you even deal with Cheetah? Our mid projectile becomes a high in this MU and I'm not sure how Fate can deal with the braindead leaping shit.
Orb freeze is the best option. Fate just needs a faster d2 anti air since her fullscreen leap is so fast.

Bottom line would be that Fate obviously needs better defensive options to fight cheetah well. It's just sad that I have to say it..

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Orb freeze is the best option. Fate just needs a faster d2 anti air since her fullscreen leap is so fast.

Bottom line would be that Fate obviously needs better defensive options to fight cheetah well. It's just sad that I have to say it..
I did that.. ok, cool, she gets hit. Now what? Can't use fireball, ankhs are really hard to use to zone, then she gets close and I get fucked in the ass by d1 and d3 mashing.
Waking up is also a risk because her j1 crossup is so good and of course MB F3.