What's new

Doctor Fate General Discussion

SunsetBlvd

Proven Nappa GOD, 100% VERIFIED Best Nappa NA
great job to @OmGxBdON. we all saw who the better player is. tm had to rely on a 7-3 mu to stand a chance at all. you make that mu look winnable. respect.

great job to @OmGxBdON. we all saw who the better player is. tm had to rely on a 7-3 mu to stand a chance at all. you make that mu look winnable. respect.
yea sorry, that has NOTHING to do with who the better player is.

given the fact that fate is always going to be annoying to play against, and how strong his counter is, there is virtually no reason for someone to not counter with deadshot the moment they match against someone as well known as bdon. this is for money, let's not be dumb here.

grats to bdon for placing well and getting the first ever top 8 in a major as fate - but anyone who thinks TM's only chance in hell was to use deadshot is out of their god damn mind

Last edited:

SunsetBlvd

out of their god damn mind
take a moment and ask yourself if it was really necessary to write this whole response to the post i made, the point of which was quite clearly just to pay my respects to bdon. then ask yourself what, if anything, you feel you accomplished by writing it.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.

given the fact that fate is always going to be annoying to play against, and how strong his counter is, there is virtually no reason for someone to not counter with deadshot the moment they match against someone as well known as bdon. this is for money, let's not be dumb here.

grats to bdon for placing well and getting the first ever top 8 in a major as fate - but anyone who thinks TM's only chance in hell was to use deadshot is out of their god damn mind
So when we play online and the endless onslaught of deadshot counterpicks happen because we main doctor fate are you telling me their only chance isn't counterpicking deadshot? Because we all know what it really is.

take a moment and ask yourself if it was really necessary to write this whole response to the post i made, the point of which was quite clearly just to pay my respects to bdon. then ask yourself what, if anything, you feel you accomplished by writing it.
yes, it was, because your post also clearly had a dig at TM - compared to bruno's post which was clear props alone.

and i didn't accomplish anything, because you clearly didn't understand my post and immediately went on the defensive.

So when we play online and the endless onslaught of deadshot counterpicks happen because we main doctor fate are you telling me their only chance isn't counterpicking deadshot? Because we all know what it really is.
it would be no different than the large amount of deadshots that have already been present. i'm telling you deadshot beats fate and it's an easier win for them. i'm also telling you that if you think someone is incapable of beating you without using deadshot than you are either suffering from hubris or benefiting from an overwhelmingly powerful character and don't care about any other bad matchup.

we have all known since day 1 that you will never be able to exclusively use fate as long as deadshot exists, but don't make the mistake of thinking the pros or even the people you don't know aren't capable of beating you without deadshot. that mentality is how you drown in pools - bdon goes far because he's a strong player, and despite him sometimes viewing others as free he will still take them seriously when it's game time.

SunsetBlvd

immediately went on the defensive.
lol your nuts dude. idk why you are taking comments made about tm so weirdly personal. i never said that tm is a bad player b/c he is a great player and i'd just assume that is blatantly obvious. you filled in the blanks yourself. finding some weird issue with my honest and totally innocent personal opinion that bdon is currently the better player says more about you than it does me.

also btw, who the fuck cares. dumbest thing to argue about ever. if you genuinely have some weird vendetta to defend tm to the death for some bizarre reason then glhf because i absolutely am not going to clog up this thread with this bs anymore.

babalook

Noob
I think having deadshot as fate's worst matchup is actually a bigger deal than having multiple 4-6 matchups, considering the fact that deadshot is both easy to use (almost everyone has a pocket deadshot) and has no counter picks to my knowledge that are significantly disadvantageous. I think giving fate a long range ankh release in trait (perhaps with the input df3f) would really help in this matchup and other bad matchups (although we'd still probably lose to deadshot, just not 3-7). In reality, deadshot is probably just going to get nerfed really hard.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten

I mean he told me that lol

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Just to add on i coulda had a chance for winning but i was dumb and stayed fate. I knew my supergirl could beat his deadshot its just that i wasnt comfortable in the brainac MU with her. I was hoping i would somehow body his deadshot with a miracle and then make him switch to brainac. Last time i listen to crowd lol

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Just to add on i coulda had a chance for winning but i was dumb and stayed fate. I knew my supergirl could beat his deadshot its just that i wasnt comfortable in the brainac MU with her. I was hoping i would somehow body his deadshot with a miracle and then make him switch to brainac. Last time i listen to crowd lol
Play to win, bro. Don't let the crowd choose your path.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
So I'm looking to learn a new character and I'm pretty much set on Fate. I know it's asking a lot from someone but could somebody give me a rundown on basics I'm not talking about combos just more about his neutral and so on.
Anyone that can help me please and thank you :)

DrZmmm

Noob
I notice bdon will usually end his combos with b2 instead of glyph. Is it strictly to keep the opponent close? Or is there something else?

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
So I'm looking to learn a new character and I'm pretty much set on Fate. I know it's asking a lot from someone but could somebody give me a rundown on basics I'm not talking about combos just more about his neutral and so on.
Anyone that can help me please and thank you :)
F2 is his main ''rushdown'' tool. Glyph makes everything safe on block and on hit pushs the opponent back to fullscreen.

B2 is one of his anti-airs and it is also a good footsie tool because it's pretty fast on start-up, very active (11 frames), GREAT hitbox and no hurtbox.

B1 is also a descent move. It's similar to B2 but it's a lot slower on whiff. You will use it in situations where the B2 will not reach.
Example: at the beginning of the match. it will punish neutral jump in a case if the opponent thinks that you will use F2.

J1 and J2 are great to do anti-air/air-to-air. J1 goes forward and J2 goes upward.

J3 has a huge hitbox. Great to do jump ins. Not easy to anti-air. On block you can do D1 into glyph.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Guys, look these vids... holy shit!

I know that some of those stuffs are not practical but some of them might be and look very strong!! :D

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
F2 is his main ''rushdown'' tool. Glyph makes everything safe on block and on hit pushs the opponent back to fullscreen.

B2 is one of his anti-airs and it is also a good footsie tool because it's pretty fast on start-up, very active (11 frames), GREAT hitbox and no hurtbox.

B1 is also a descent move. It's similar to B2 but it's a lot slower on whiff. You will use it in situations where the B2 will not reach.
Example: at the beginning of the match. it will punish neutral jump in a case if the opponent thinks that you will use F2.

J1 and J2 are great to do anti-air/air-to-air. J1 goes forward and J2 goes upward.

J3 has a huge hitbox. Great to do jump ins. Not easy to anti-air. On block you can do D1 into glyph.
Much appreciated man, , I know I mention no combos but you wouldn't happen to have a few that I could start working on?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Honestly I think if they ever change anything about fate they should increase trait cooldown. Would be nice if they did that to a few characters imo