What's new

Do you think some fans act spoiled from the earlier NRS streams?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Yes. Back in my day you had to go to the store, buy a god damn magazine and actually read about the reveal. Kids these days have no idea
They really don't. These kids wouldn't last in the late 90's/early 2000's where all we had were magazines and articles that repeated the same stuff over and over.

Hell, I would have been happy with just ONE live stream, yet titty-babies are all, "We don't know whats in the game! waaaahhhh! show us everything we want because we don't want to be surprised by anything when we actually play the game!"

Babies.

Rude

I simply don't give a shit what you say. You don't offer Goro as a pre order bonus and then refuse to show him. What would have been a brilliant marketing strategy is to show him.....and have him be badass and follow with, "only if you pre order." I have not pre ordered out of pure spite. SHOW ME WHY I SHOULD if you're going to put him as the bonus.
They don't have to show you why you should. You don't HAVE to pre-order.

Pre-ordering is entirely optional and doesn't actually result in you spending more money than the base price of the game.

What does this mean?

It means that since you're not investing any additional money than what you would spend buying it on release, you getting the character "free" with the pre-order is a bonus.

Hence. Bonus. Pre-order. You don't want to pre-order? Don't.

But they don't HAVE to show you anything about Goro. You know he's in. You know he's free with a pre-order. That's enough for some people to pre-order. If it isn't for you, that's fine too. But you're not making any bold statements or, "Sticking it to the man" by not pre-ordering. You're just causing yourself to spend more money than the initial purchase to get Goro later rather than Pre-ordering. You only affect yourself.

Rude

What if they're waiting for the last week or couple weeks to show off Goro...

To get more pre-orders from all the last-minute lame ducks that see Goro and see, "Whoa, we need to play this guy!"?

DUH-DUH-DUUUUUHHHH!!!

MUERTE

Banned
Lack of NRS stream? Did you ever stop and think that maybe... just maybe KombatNetwork might be to blame for this lack of "stream"?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Yes they are spoiled, and fans have never had it so good. The whole idea that you can literally message a developer and ask a question is so far from how things were years ago it's ridiculous.

If you don't want to pay for something because you do not know what the final package contains, then wait. It's beyond simple.

Sigh, kids these days...

DarkPage

Noob
The best part is everyone who is so hungry for info, no matter what they say, they are going to buy it, NRS already has the sale, now they are just being nice.
They don't need to show anything but some cool trailers of pointless stuff to win their actual important buyers, and that's everyone else who doesn't compete lol

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
I just love how people keep bringing up the SFV exibition like it was hype or exciting at all....

It was high level players playing carefully and patiently on an alpha version of a game that doesn't come out until about 2017 if I remember correctly....

Didn't build any hype at all. Just made the 2 year wait seem all the dumber...

And for the people thinking they HAVE to drop money "blindly". You know you CAN wait for the game to come out to get it right?

Cause I didn't pre-order DBZ Xenoverse myself... Heard good things after it released then chose to spend the money....

But ya'know, I understand basic logic can be hard at times. I'm on the same forum that wanted to ban a character because pressing "down" on the d-pad is too hard...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm only here praying that everyday pass by fast until release date so i can get my hands on the game, and TYM can get back to be TYM again.

Gladly i'm close to achieve my busy list this week, F1 starts this sunday so is something i will look forward to pass time too, a whole constantine and other crap series to watch, hopefully some partime job and shit and of course the most important days are the ones NRS reveals something, so tomorrow is a big day. Sunday is a big day, monday i get to watch the comics, and tuesday i get to see gotham.

TL,DR: Can't complain, too busy finding stuff to do to help time pass by.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
They absolutely are entitled and spoiled, it's how most of the new generation is. They're so used to instant gratification that when they're teased or there's any sort of suspense, they just don't know how to handle it. It's not just the new generation, it's how a large part of society is these days. People are so used to getting what they want, when they don't get it, they lash out, like children.

It's whatever though, it's just annoying to see on a constant day to day basis.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Yes I do. We didn't get any of this when I found out Mk1-Mk4 was coming out. I had to rely on my subscriptions from Gamepro and EGM on MK news and reveals.

However I did understand the frustration when they said there will be a stream in December, but to just tell as on the last day of the month it will be in January instead. Only because someone tweeted asking them. Then again, I'm sure they were super busy in making the game, and as hard as to believe, they have a life and family like we do. It was a holiday month. And I thought it was hell of trolling when they had Goro on screen but didn't show him. Maybe he wasn't ready or they needed to work on him more. We don't know.

But other than that, I do think some are being a little bratty with the whole thing. Just because KI is doing a certain thing doesn't mean it has to be the standard. KI doing that because they have to. NRS doesn't. And you aren't fooling anyone complaining you won't buy the game if they don't show this or have this person in the game.

I'm fine with how they are doing things besides the two I mention earlier. They are not forcing me to buy anything. I knew I wanted the game before they even announced MKX. And I ok with them revealing what they can. I'll find out everything I want to know come April 14.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
If you all want to pretend we live in the 90's I suggest you stop posting, go down to the mall and discuss it with the other mall rats. Have fun discussing who could be in it and hope next issue of PC Mag has a demo disc of it, oh wait there is no demo.

Goodness of their hearts? Marketing of their business?

We live in a age of instant information and you all want to pretend we still live in the stone age.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
while we are being honest i dont like any of your posts ever OP so some people are spoiled, some are unlikeable but in the end who cares, no one will make a thread about it.... oh wait
Well, I rarely make topics these days so I don't know what else you can referring to that you would not like but no matter. I think Juggernaut, and others on page 3 said it best. The newer generation compared to the old are spoiled, it's so obvious. I don't really care who agrees or not but it's obvious with posts like this. Sounds like some people can't handle a little truth? Because those threads about "NRS show us more, Ed Boon is troll" are so constructive right? Oh wait...

They really don't. These kids wouldn't last in the late 90's/early 2000's where all we had were magazines and articles that repeated the same stuff over and over.

Hell, I would have been happy with just ONE live stream, yet titty-babies are all, "We don't know whats in the game! waaaahhhh! show us everything we want because we don't want to be surprised by anything when we actually play the game!"

Babies.
Exactly! Plus today we just got a ton of info, so people need to STFU with "we don't get any info waahhh" lol
Tips and Tricks Magazine. 1998

So that I could learn the MK4 Fatalities and show off to my buddies.

Those were the days.
Yup the days when the oldschoolers like me, and you and others here I'm sure had to hunt for that shit lol. Now days the kids, younger gen of MK fans are spoiled with the net lol like Rude said. Remember EGM, Nintendo Power too way back? Exclusive codes etc for MK.
Basically, some of us are so hype on it that we want to freeze ourselves like Cartman because we can't stand the wait.

I take it Cartman tried fucking with Sub-Zero? lol

And still more crying.
Yup. Even with todays big trailer...utterly sad.

Last edited:

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I remember the days when boxart was all you had to judge a game off of at release. My only problem with the streams is how unorganized it is at times. You have a limited time, use it effectively. The inside jokes and all around tom foolery going on can, at times, get grating.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I understand all this, I really do. But...

We're about to hand them over $200,000,000. I'm not making this number up.

Can I please see Goro now?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I understand all this, I really do. But...

We're about to hand them over $200,000,000. I'm not making this number up.

Can I please see Goro now?
Well, we are also handing them over by choice too remember ;) but I'm sure either next stream tomorrow or the one after we will see Cage, Sonya and Goro(maybe not all at once and perhaps Mileena) there's so many different characters different people want to see, WB obviously gives them a limited time so I agree they can joke less but they can also only show so much in that small window. It's like the old Bob Ross vids, 30 minutes yet some how he rushed and painted gems. When I paint I'm like shit, I need hours to do that lol.

$200 million is about right for the first few months. MK9 sold 3 million copies in the first few months. 3MM x $60 = $180MM. That was just the first few months at full price, not even counting collector's editions and merchandise. Over the next year and a half another million copies sold, figure those might be when it drops to $40 or $20, Xmas hits, etc., so average it to $30 x 1MM meaning another $30 million. Of course, those were with MK9 only on console, so when it became available on PC the sales were better than expected and another million or so, and more merchandising.

Hey NRS, since you'll be grossing over $200 million, how about please supporting the competitive scene with some good $ contributions like Capcom?

RexxyC

what's done is done
It's a sad fact, but a lot of the MK community are spoiled brats, but I think we all have places where we are; some more than others. Am I pissed that Sonya and Johnny are in? Yes. Will I be over it on April 14th? More than likely.

The more annoying aspect of it all comes from the pretentious children who think their opinion is higher than yours because they have some superior knowledge of why __ should be in or why __ should have been shown already. It isn't your game, you didn't make it; you'll get what you want in time.