What's new

Do you think it is counter productive to make Superman/WW the villains ?

I am talking mostly from a commercial POV. Like i said, it is ok to do an elseworld story in a vacuum, that is fine. DC did Flashpoint and whatnot but the difference is that it was one series that existed along side the regular continuity.

They released one Flashpoint movie while the regular Justice League movies with the regular characters were and are still being made. My issue is that Injustice is the only modern game representation of these characters, if there was a bunch of other DC games out there featuring these characters then Injustice would have been totally fine but sadly Superdick is the only Superman in gaming at the moment. That is my core issue.

Your favorite character is Superman/Wonder Woman then fuck you, you don't get shit. That is the issue in my opinion.

They could have made the story far more compelling if Superman just killed Braniac then saved the cities and ended at that while Batman refused to kill him and he didn't save anyone. Now that would have been an interesting story cuz Superman did get his hand dirty for the greater good while Batman didn't in name of his moral code.

Instead we get this cartoonshily evil ending....sigh

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
It's kinda funny how I'm more ok with Superman than I am with Wonder Woman or Robin.

He actually had something happen to him that may understandably drive someone completely out of their mind. Batman in the game actually doesn't even treat Superman like the Clark he used to know- he views him as some crazed and insane entity occupying the body of a friend who died long ago...

... Then there's Wonder Bread, who kinda just wanted to get Super Laid, and Damien who just has daddy issues.
Damien who has daddy issues is just a perfect depiction of Damien in general.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
I love Regime Supes, we've seen goody two shoes Superman save the world time and time again, it's boring as hell. I'm glad NRS did something different. I find regular Superman lame, NRS made me actually like Supes with this storyline.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
They f'ed Wonder Woman harder than any other character. Yes there are many characters who got f'ed story wise but they went a step further and made Wonder Woman boring as hell when it comes to gameplay. Atleast superman and other characters play like how you would expect them to but Wonder Woman swings her sword like a 2 year old and her iconic moves are missing.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Injustice got me into DC and I like the story how ridiculous it gets in the comics, which pushes many things to the extreme. It made me like a lot of characters I didn't care for before like green lantern. But I agree it did leave a bad taste for WoWo and I took me a bit more watching of different DC stories to like her.

At the end of the day Injustice accomplishes what DC has been focusing on for the last decade. Making Batman look cool.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah..

The writing isnt strong. The story itself is fine, but WW and Supes come off as just.. terrible. Not the good kind of terrible though. You can write a villain and make *everyone* hate him/her without them being so utterly shitty and flat.

Additionally, though.. you shouldn't. It almost never goes terribly well when you take a largely irredeemably evil/shitty character and have the story sit close to them. When you show the humanity at the core of someone irredeemably awful - unless the intention is to show motive and intent and reasoning and thus soften the "mega douche" portrayal - it doesn't work. They just come off as shitty. Nothing wrong with having a purely shitty character, but you have to do one of two things.. A) Make them not purely shitty. Write them in a way you can identify with and that makes it so you can understand, if not condone, their actions. B) Back way up and dont get close. Make them larger than life and inhumanly evil. Without EXQUISITE writing, you cant humanize a character AND keep them unidentifiably evil.

Id also like to talk about Robin.. Ugh. I mean, you couldnt mix his teen angst with at least something redeeming? Jesus I kept waiting for him to storm off to his room to listen to death metal BECAUSE NO ONE UNDERSTANDS HIM AND NO GIRL WILL EVER LOVE HIM.

Ugh.

All that isnt to say that Inj2 doesnt have its moments. I genuinely enjoyed Arrow and Canary. Batman was a pretty solid.. ya know, Batman. Towards the end, SPOILERS AHEAD BUT IF YOU DONT WANT THIS SPOILED WHY ARE YOU READING THIS THREAD DUMB DUMB

When Bats and Supes talk about Louis being pregnant, while cliche, they way they say "That was a good day".. Very well done./

9_Lives

Noob
I agree with everyone who's cool with Superman but not ww and Robin. I felt they did a much better job of making Superman a character rather than a villain. as opposed to the first game. Particularly in the last couple chapters with Batman. If we were just talking about the first game I would feel differently though.

I don't think people are talking about the character who IMO makes the least amount of sense in these games and that is Raven (and honestly to a slightly lesser extent Cyborg) I read the Injustice Comics, and played the first game and I still have zero clue as to why she wanted her Father to come back or sided with Superman at all.

They didn't even try to explain her at least with Wonder Woman and Cyborg they tried to explain it, with a poorly done explanation mind you but at least the tried. It honestly seems like they felt they needed some kind of Magic user on Superman's side so they picked Raven.

Edit: I mean I kind of get the feeling she was meant to actually be possessed by Trigon or something like that but they barely hint at it and honestly it feels like something I'm just making up to explain things. Plus it makes no sense with what happens in the comics.

Last edited:
Poor triple A super heroes..... Were making the billion dollar heroes less desirable..... and plugging 8 characters no ones ever heard of...... yeah, I don't think thats bad for the brand.

As a wrestling fan I'm going to use this in the terms of what I witnessed over the years as a fan:

Superman is the Hulk Hogan of the DC comics and thus will be treated HIGHLY respectably. For decades now, he's dominated the lexicon of the comics and is involved in some of the greatest moments/angles/storyline arcs than anyone else (maybe besides Captain America). Somewhere along the line some "cool" kids thought they were cool by complaining about how "Lame and uncool Superman is" to the point the writers had to start writing in more options -- from more powers to more enemies, the list of complaints continued to grow and to grow until finally one brave writer decided that "enough is enough". That brave writer decided to write the greatest and most beloved characters as one of the NOW hated and most reviled characters of all time. For the first time ever, Superman (Hogan) had turned heel! At the time, it was met with a certain shock that no one would ever believe their beloved Superman (Hogan) would EVER turn heel and would EVER side with the forces of evil.

Fast forward to today: The world now sees Superman as an entirely different person and in a different light than they once did in the 70's and 80's and 90's. Superman is reviled beyond certain approach and the mainstream opinion behind all characters like him are that "grey is cool so that means Joker and many others like him, are heroes". This "heel turn" (for a lack of better words,) actually benefits the longevity and legacy of Superman. Do I personally like that he's playing second fiddle to someone else? No but I will not say it's not refreshing. Superman and even Wonder Cheese feel legit again and that's all that matters. At the end of the day, we're all fans on this one wild ride called "fandom" and it's something I'm HIGHLY enjoying.