What's new

Question - Kobu Jutsu Do you think her pressure should be normalized?

Do you think her pressure should be normalized?

• Yes

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 66.7%

• Total voters

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
How can I beat or escape Tanya pressure when I have no meter if my opponent is good and doesn't fuck up? Looks like she can always get her pressure going since when she runs out of meter she can use stamina to keep going, and viceversa.
Backdash seems suicide, same goes for Njp or counterpoke.

I use A-list and this matchup looks like total bullshit...when I pressure her I have no ways to bait a reversal ex rekka, when she is pressing me I can only go for ex nut and hope she doesn't block and punish.

Ex rekka must be the dumbest move ever.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
How can I beat or escape Tanya pressure when I have no meter if my opponent is good and doesn't fuck up? Looks like she can always get her pressure going since when she runs out of meter she can use stamina to keep going, and viceversa.

I use A-list and this matchup looks like total bullshit...when I pressure her I have no ways to bait a reversal ex rekka, when she is pressing me I can only go for ex nut and hope she doesn't block and punish.

People who r saying pyromancer sux now r dumb and tanya is still top 5 and stuffs armor like crazy in kobo jutsu if ur gona have a pressure character like that u should be able to armor through their strings I think they just need to make b1 on kobu 1 hit and not 2 or make the second hit slower

GAV

Tanya has already been nerfed. She's not OP anymore.

Anyone who disagrees needs to trade some of their imagination for science...

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I'll quote myself to ask this question again, hoping to have some helpful answers instead of some useless picture

GAV

I'll quote myself to ask this question again, hoping to have some helpful answers instead of some useless picture
Learn how to do it with Tanya. Then, single fight JC in your variation on very hard and see how the cpu handles it.

The Magician

According to my sources...
Can we talk about shinnok other than Tanya? Like seriously she's fine, she needs her pressure to survive amongst the likes of Shinnok and Kung Lao, while shinnok is broken. Leave her alone.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Reversal throw.

Edit: Also you just have to know when to try and njp or backdash. If you think she is going to tele cancel you can njp to beat the followup. If you think she is going to EX tonfa(which you can backdash the second hit of btw) you just have to duck and hope it whiffs.

A-list cage is probably a solid 6-4 for her, his main advantage in the MU is his footsies with F3/F4.

Only thing "broken" about her is the EX rekka. Her pressure once you learn the MU all comes down to her opponent being able to correctly guess what she is going to do next, although the risk reward is in her favor. If they tweak her pressure a little she would still be good, but until people actually learn how to deal with her pressure I don't think the community can effectively say what those small tweaks should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
You could slightly delay the last special to make it safe. OTE="TarkatanDentist, post: 1844811, member: 9418"]Kobu's pressure is good and all, but I don't think it's too good - don't forget that her df2 strings are unsafe unless you're willing to spend a bar of meter.

Though tbh, whether or not I'd agree with a 'normalisation' depends entirely on what OP means by 'normalised' - it's one of those words that can mean just about anything on this site lol.[/QUOTE]
You

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
I main Tanya now and as much as I like winning I feel her pressure is the strongest in the game. Better than Lao's far, Liu Kang df isn't too far behind though. I constantly using b2xxrekka in the midst of pressure so armor is very risky for my opponent. When I start intentionally whiffing iadk and cancelling into b1 for instant recovery and intentionally creating holes and armoring myself right after, you're in for a world of pain. In any other game but mkx she will be broken

Dean

On The Grind
She has the option to delay which gives the opponent the option to mb punish with armoured move, or didn't you know that? Because that option makes her pressure even better. If she wants the opponent can't mb punish.

This thread is a question about the community's opinion on the matter, it's not a nerf request/demand. I think is pretty reasonable ASKING whether the 2nd best character in the game needs nerf. I'm sorry but you are the stupid one and not this thread.

If your going to call someone stupid, I would make sure your facts are right.

If you do not delay the rekkas, you become unsafe as hell.

The only way around this is to use meter to make it safe-ish.

So of Tanya doesn't have meter, she is fair game.

All of her moves has a hole, there is literally a way around everything she does. The more you understand the matchup, the easier it is to negate that pressure.

You can easily keep Tanya out, you can easily punish, you can easily make Tanya play your game throughout a match, to force a Tanya player to adjust or lose is a real thing.

She does not need nerfed.

Unsafe pressure, meter dependent, very bad normals overall, unsafe counter tools, gaps throughout her main pressure.

She is a balanced character overall.

Is she good? Yes. Does she have clear weaknesses? Absolutely.

She can easily win and she can easily be beat.

Isn't that what you want from a character?

You want a character to be good but beatable.

Tanya gives you that.

Dean

On The Grind
I main Tanya now and as much as I like winning I feel her pressure is the strongest in the game. Better than Lao's far, Liu Kang df isn't too far behind though. I constantly using b2xxrekka in the midst of pressure so armor is very risky for my opponent. When I start intentionally whiffing iadk and cancelling into b1 for instant recovery and intentionally creating holes and armoring myself right after, you're in for a world of pain. In any other game but mkx she will be broken
You haven't played a really good player yet then.

Her pressure is good buts it Is extremely risky and can be beat when playing against a good opponent.

If her pressure was loopable and safe..

*Cough* BS Shinnok *cough*

Then I would understand this argument.

Her pressure is flawed in the sense that every character has the means to penetrate and punish her pressure.

Which to me, makes her pressure good but not close to the best.

No, no, nope.

All of her moves has a hole, there is literally a way around everything she does. The more you understand the matchup, the easier it is to negate that pressure.

You can easily keep Tanya out, you can easily punish, you can easily make Tanya play your game throughout a match, to force a Tanya player to adjust or lose is a real thing.

Unsafe pressure, meter dependent, very bad normals overall, unsafe counter tools, gaps throughout her main pressure.

Tanya gives you that.
I didn't give any fact that's untrue mate, and you think I didn't know any of these? lol

And she is definitely NOT a balanced character. She is a top tier character.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Tanya gives you that.
You are completely wrong for a variety of reasons, each of which I will address in turn:

"If you do not delay the rekkas, you become unsafe as hell" this is only true of the third hit. The first is a super tight punish and the second is completely safe. Any Tanya worth their salt is not going to let the third hit come out unless they delay it all the way. P.S. if you barely delay there is no gap and the first hit becomes safe, although this may be difficult for some to do correctly every time.

"The Only way to get around this is to use meter to make it safe-ish". For starters, there is no "safeish" there is safe and unsafe. If you EX the third hit you are -2 and undeniably safe. Like I said before, thats the only time the third rekka will be used against good players. Most Tanyas have adapted and started using the mind game between one and two hits of rekkas which is safe if done correctly and can then set up frame traps that lead into her other pressure(which is 100X better than rekka pressure btw).

"So If Tanya doesnt have meter, shes fair game" That is a ridiculous statement. Not only does she have some of the best meter-building in the game, it is all safe. B1 2+4 builds almost half a bar ALONE and if you do a tele cancel you can frame trap i nto another b1 2+4 to build a full bar. She can also do B11 tele cancel which GUARANTEES another b1 2+4. That means all she needs is to connect one b11 on block and she builds a full bar. Not to mention she can still set up the rekka pressure and frame traps I was talking about meterless.

"Unsafe pressure, meter dependent, very bad normals overall, unsafe counter tools, gaps throughout her main pressure." NONE of that is true. Her pressure if done correctly is all safe. She does not depend on meter unless she wants to go for guaranteed chip setups or rekka pressure. She can easily win a round without using a bar(which she wouldnt do because she always gains meter so quickly you have a bar or two to spare). Saying she has bad normals is hilarious. B1 2+4 may be one of the best normals in the game due to its deceptive range and INSANE chip damage ability. Her best counter tool, EX rekka, is completely safe AND has two hits of armor. And as I said above, she does not have that many gaps in her pressure if she utilizes b11 tele cancel.

TL:DR You have no clue about how the character plays at a high level. The only nerfs some Tanya mains agree on is taking one hit of armor off EX rekka and reducing the frame advantage of b11 tele cancel so she doesnt get a free b1 off of it(Hopefully they will remove all the guaranteed pressure things, probably one of the games most frustrating components). If they do that then she will be fine(although she is already pretty close to being fine).

Edit: I apologize if that sounded too harsh, I get triggered by downplay of my characters lol

Last edited: