What's new

Question - Kobu Jutsu Do you think her pressure should be normalized?

Do you think her pressure should be normalized?

• Yes

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 66.7%

• Total voters
Catching her teleport was literally impossible pre patch unless your character had a godlike AA lol. Idk what you're talking about.

On a side note: She is very good still, her pressure is very good and yes, people can armor out of her pressure, but it's easily blown up if the Tanya player knows what she's doing, I think she should stay the say she is, BTW, her reckas are basically safe so stop downplaying that move, the fact that she can delay the second hit and the first one is just -8 makes it very safe IMO. Or she can just go for the three hits and MB the last one...
Point is Tanya was designed a certain way, only to be fucked with due to the crying of this community to be turned into something she wasn't intended to be.

Can someone just close this stupid thread already... -__- before NRS see it and go oh shit more crying better nerf this bitch again until she's a potato, therefore they won't need to put any effort into fighting her or learning ways to beat her..

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Point is Tanya was designed a certain way, only to be fucked with due to the crying of this community to be turned into something she wasn't intended to be.
Ummm... But Kobu Jutsu's meta has always been about pressure IIRC, she having her dumb teleport was so much lol. She has always been a rushdown character in Kobu Jutsu.

Also, what makes Pyromancer bad now? She's still solid in my book, she still has good zoning and set-ups.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
The game is good right now. It doesn't need another patch.
I agree with this statement, as far as the top tier and mid tier goes. Alot of characters are fine and don't need changes.

But I disagree 100% because of low tier problems. This game is good if you don't play a low tier lol. There are definitely a good 5-10 characters that can use a good buffing from another patch. Goro, Jaqui, Takeda, and alot of characters need help. Not just characters, but variations too. There are at least 20 variations I can think of right now that are utterly useless. Those variations can use some buffing.

I wouldn't say "This game doesn't need another patch" until every single variation of every single character is viable in tournament and can possibly place top 8 on it's own

Ummm... But Kobu Jutsu's meta has always been about pressure IIRC, she having her dumb teleport was so much lol. She has always been a rushdown character in Kobu Jutsu.

Also, what makes Pyromancer bad now? She's still solid in my book, she still has good zoning and set-ups.
Pyromancer is still good. Tanya players are just still shellshocked going from having the definitive top character in the game, to being just top five :DOGE

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The exception would be chars with fast armored launchers. Other than that I dont see how she has to fear anything the opponent does to get out.
It doesn't even have to be a fast armored launcher. Also, if you delay rekkas for max safety, they can just interrupt w/o armor or just jump out and punish you on the way down or run up and pressure you.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It doesn't even have to be a fast armored launcher. Also, if you delay rekkas for max safety, they can just interrupt w/o armor or just jump out and punish you on the way down or run up and pressure you.
All that is true but her pressure is much more than just rekka mind games.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
All that is true but her pressure is much more than just rekka mind games.
I was only addressing the rekka mind games. The rest of her pressure requires her to spend meter or use teleport cancels which spends half her stamina each time. It's really not that oppressive when you step back and look at it.

Zoidberg747

I was only addressing the rekka mind games. The rest of her pressure requires her to spend meter or use teleport cancels which spends half her stamina each time. It's really not that oppressive when you step back and look at it.
Except she has ways to build the stamina and meter back while still pressuring lol

I never said pyromancer was bad, nor was I commenting on Tanya's pressure in kobu jitsu. Tanya was designed to be a runaway character, that's why she was so strong at it. She'd frustrate you to make mistakes so she could utilise soon those mistakes. Just how kitana and mileenas are. They both sent pressure characters at all, so why start to change a character like kitana to be a lot better in the pressure game?

Tanya controlled the air, she was the answer for brain dead players who jump around mindlessly.

She's gone from having great air movement and mobility to becoming a more grounded character. Her main change was her teleport. How she was isn't how she is now.

Not going to lie her pressure loop system was kinda dumb, but bare able at times, i now think it's nessasary to give her back her armour in her ex wake up teleport, considering she won't be able to pressure afterward due to the recovery frames. However it not only become a viable answer for brain dead jump around a, but it also boosts dragon naginata to a standard of pyro and kobu jitsu,

All that's needed in dragon naginata, is a viable armored safe wake up eland zoning, a wake up that isn't hella unsafe and hard to execute online. Also how ex low connon drill changes the pop up in different situations is a pain.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I never said pyromancer was bad, nor was I commenting on Tanya's pressure in kobu jitsu. Tanya was designed to be a runaway character, that's why she was so strong at it. She'd frustrate you to make mistakes so she could utilise soon those mistakes. Just how kitana and mileenas are. They both sent pressure characters at all, so why start to change a character like kitana to be a lot better in the pressure game?

Tanya controlled the air, she was the answer for brain dead players who jump around mindlessly.

She's gone from having great air movement and mobility to becoming a more grounded character. Her main change was her teleport. How she was isn't how she is now.

Not going to lie her pressure loop system was kinda dumb, but bare able at times, i now think it's nessasary to give her back her armour in her ex wake up teleport, considering she won't be able to pressure afterward due to the recovery frames. However it not only become a viable answer for brain dead jump around a, but it also boosts dragon naginata to a standard of pyro and kobu jitsu,

All that's needed in dragon naginata, is a viable armored safe wake up eland zoning, a wake up that isn't hella unsafe and hard to execute online. Also how ex low connon drill changes the pop up in different situations is a pain.
What? Kobu Jutsu Tanya was designed to be on your face since the beggining. Her teleport was better than they expected, she really wasn't a runaway character. She was a pressure character with a dumb ass teleport.

It's funny how you mention she was the answer to characters jumping up mindlessly lmfao. She was the most jump happy character eveeeeer. Sha was even better than Hawkgirl at staying in the air.
Um yeah, Kitana is a runaway character and that's why she has all her tools, she has an ok up-close game, nothing compared to Tanya tho. And Mileena is not really a runaway character, she is mor a bait and punish character since she doesn't have enough tools to keep you out trying to catch her.

What? Kobu Jutsu Tanya was designed to be on your face since the beggining. Her teleport was better than they expected, she really wasn't a runaway character. She was a pressure character with a dumb ass teleport.

It's funny how you mention she was the answer to characters jumping up mindlessly lmfao. She was the most jump happy character eveeeeer. Sha was even better than Hawkgirl at staying in the air.
Um yeah, Kitana is a runaway character and that's why she has all her tools, she has an ok up-close game, nothing compared to Tanya tho. And Mileena is not really a runaway character, she is mor a bait and punish character since she doesn't have enough tools to keep you out trying to catch her.
I'm not just going on about kubu jutsu I'm talking about her in general, her air movements and teleport was the main thing the used to her advantage, as a getting in tool, runaway tool and even a added pressure tool. It added to kobus pressure, yes kobujitsu was designed to be a pressure variation, but Tanya air mobility and teleportation was apart of her universal strength.She's the most jump happy character? Pft lol you know because she's more jump happy than Kung Jin, predator etc etc.. Like no lol.

Pyromancer was a runaway variation, hence the use of her full screen zoning. Which goes back to what I said, her "dumb ass" teleport which was used to run away and zone was how she'd get the opponent to get overly frustrated to try and get in any way they could, which gave Tanya the oppertunity to punish their mistakes and quickly end in dust, and use her teleport to once again get out of trouble to zone with the added damage of dark shroud

She wasn't meant to be as grounded as she is now, her air movement and teleport was apart of her game plan. Especially in pyromancer.

Zoidberg747

I'm not just going on about kubu jutsu I'm talking about her in general, her air movements and teleport was the main thing the used to her advantage, as a getting in tool, runaway tool and even a added pressure tool. It added to kobus pressure, yes kobujitsu was designed to be a pressure variation, but Tanya air mobility and teleportation was apart of her universal strength.She's the most jump happy character? Pft lol you know because she's more jump happy than Kung Jin, predator etc etc.. Like no lol.

Pyromancer was a runaway variation, hence the use of her full screen zoning. Which goes back to what I said, her "dumb ass" teleport which was used to run away and zone was how she'd get the opponent to get overly frustrated to try and get in any way they could, which gave Tanya the oppertunity to punish their mistakes and quickly end in dust, and use her teleport to once again get out of trouble to zone with the added damage of dark shroud

She wasn't meant to be as grounded as she is now, her air movement and teleport was apart of her game plan. Especially in pyromancer.
Kobu would have been hella broken had teleports stayed the same. I would rather give Dragon Naginata a variation specific safe wakeup than give Kobu anything else. Giving her an armored EX tele would basically get her out of the corner for free.

I feel like they should change the frame data for Kobu Jutsu Honestly if they don't we will be seeing more and more Tanya players at tournaments just because of her pressure in the corner and that would get boring fast.

Kobu would have been hella broken had teleports stayed the same. I would rather give Dragon Naginata a variation specific safe wakeup than give Kobu anything else. Giving her an armored EX tele would basically get her out of the corner for free.
All naginata needs is a decent wake up and zoning

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
You're 100% right. If anything Tanya was underpowered. There was absolutely zero justification in her nerf, the community were just being crying little bitches and needed to level up. She had very little presence in the competitive scene if I recall correctly, and there was absolutely no chance of her ever taking even 1 let alone 2 places in a top 8 of anything worthwhile, like a more OP character would have. NRS needs to stop caving in to the players, her tournament presence was highly balanced and exactly how NRS intended her to be. NRS followed TYMs balancing suggestions to the letter and it's completely ruined her design, watch some of her Ceo matches if you want to see GOOD character design.

Can someone just close this stupid thread already... -__- before NRS see it and go oh shit more crying better nerf this bitch again until she's a potato, therefore they won't need to put any effort into fighting her or learning ways to beat her..
I agree with this as well, there should be absolutely zero opportunity to even discuss competitive balance in regards to this character, because it might mean she gets balanced again, and that conflicts directly with my personal interest.

These is just my personal unbiased take on this subject, as a Tanya player.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

I'm sorry, but what you're describing (what she was) is not a runaway character, is a character with an OP ass teleport that would get her out or in literally for free whenever she wanted, she for sure was not designed to be like that. And yeah, I said "WAS". Before the patch she was the most jump happy character I've ever seen in a non-Marvel game, FREE.

She still has her air game though, it's just the way it should've been from the beggining now. She was always meant to be a grounded character in KJ, it just took someone to look at her pressure options to realize how good it is, but she wasn't played that way because why would you want to pressure your oponent if you have a dumb ass teleport to harass your oponent? That's why obviously her teleport wasn't meant to be the way it was.

Zoidberg747

I feel like they should change the frame data for Kobu Jutsu Honestly if they don't we will be seeing more and more Tanya players at tournaments just because of her pressure in the corner and that would get boring fast.
Dont bother making statements like this unless you have actual suggestions. "Change the frame data" could mean a bunch of things.

Her pressure is really good but there are still holes to exploit. The risk/reward is in her favor but so is Shinnok, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Dvorah, and other pressure characters when they pressure. That's kind of the point of pressure characters. Her pressure is good but it isnt what makes her over the top.

The only things that should be addressed are EX rekka(two hits of armor and safe, means she can armor through things and wakeup for free with absolutely no consequence) and EX Tonfa(gives her a combo from 3/4ths of the screen, reduce the hitstun a little bit).

Edit: On second thought, EX Tonfa should only really hit as a trade during zoning wars, so it probably isnt necessary to nerf it. EX rekka is the most braindead thing she has.

Edit: Also her teleports pre-patch were stupid in all variations. She could OS out of any pressure in the game with them. The Tanya community was just beginning to scratch the surface of how dumb they were. So please drop this talking point because they are not coming back and never will be. If anything they need to reverse the Pyro nerf and give Naginata a good wakeup. But asking for pre-patch teles when they were stupid is not the answer.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
The only things that should be addressed are EX rekka(two hits of armor and safe, means she can armor through things and wakeup for free with absolutely no consequence) and EX Tonfa(gives her a combo from 3/4ths of the screen, reduce the hitstun a little bit).
i think the ex projectile is fine how it works, the ex rekka however, dunno why the hell that move has 2 hits of armor, change it to 1 and its grand