What's new

Question Do you guys feel that MKX is the hardest fighting game to date?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think Tekken pretty much surpasses all other fighting games in terms of learning curve, technical stuff(too much if you ask me) but this is also not really a good thing for the average player. VF as well which people forget now days.

I do think MK X is tougher than a lot of fighting games though not the absolute hardest however but easily one of the harder MK games learning curve wise in the series easily. I would say MK X is ONE of the tougher ones lately. It definitely has a steeper learning curve compared to MK 9. Obviously games like SF and MK now try to be more accessible which both Capcom and NRS have admitted. Surprised nobody mentioned Smash Melee, alot of fans seem passionate about that game.

Last edited:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I am not a high level player, but I find MKX easier to learn and play than MK9, Injstuce 1 & 2, and SFV. Haven't played enough of Tekken 7 to have an opinion, but I find MKX easier than TTT2, for sure.

For one, MKX's inputs are smoother and more responsive than MK9's and I find it less execution heavy as well. For example, Raiden's and Sub-Zero's combos were harder to execute, for me, in MK9 compared to MKX. As for Injustice 1 & 2, they are both back to block, so that automatically makes it harder for me, especially with things like teleport attacks, cross-over jumps, and especially ambiguous cross-over jump (which shouldn't exist in a back to block game).

SFV is also back to block, but over there that's not as much of an issue as it is in Injustice 1 & 2 because teleport attacks and cross-over jumps aren't really a thing, though they may exist in a limited fashion (not sure about this though). The real problem for me in SFV is all the quarter circle forward and backward, and especially the double QCF, inputs. Also, the lack of a run button. I love the run mechanic in MKX, it gives characters a lot more mobility and enhances their ability to apply pressure (this applies to Injustice 1 & 2 as well).

As for the 50/50s in MKX, I find them a well crafted gameplay mechanic, just my humble opinion. I always enjoy good 50/50s as they make for great mind games. The ones in MKX are good, but not overpowered.

I find Tekken games in general easier than MK9, Injustice 1 & 2, and SFV. They have really smooth and responsive controls and are not terribly execution heavy. The back to block there trips me up a lot though. There have been many a times when I've tried to block and I've back dashed instead, which usually resulted in me losing a lot of health or the entire round or match, or when I've tried to back dash and I've blocked instead.

And lastly, I find Soul Calibur games on par with MKX in terms of learning curve and difficulty of execution. SCIV had the ridiculous Just Frame moves that required insanely tight timing, so much so that I would venture to say that was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in any fighting game. The Run Cancels in MKX were not quite as difficult, though still pretty challenging. Other than that though, SCIV was quite reasonable as far as ease of execution. SCV I found easier than IV and at the same difficulty as MKX.

The challenge for a player in a fighting game should come from, among other tests of skill, being able to execute difficult moves accurately and in a timely manner, not from finding workarounds for imperfect controls. I think MKX got that balance right and because of that, it's a very enjoyable game to play.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Sfv has a higher execution with characters then anyone in mix is what I am saying. You don't have to worry about performing charges, full and 3/4 circles, dps, etc in mkx. The moves and combos are super easy in mk.
You think a DP input or a 3/4 circle motion is anywhere near Hellfire having 3 frame link + a run cancel at the same time in his BnBs? Dvorah having a tight as hell run cancel link her low starter? Cassies flip into run 212 link? Hell Jacqui had some run cancels so hard we didn't really see anyone who could do them consistently. Those motions you talk about are just individual inputs not hard execution, and the worst that SF has is matched easily by the god awful DBF grapple input NRS uses, especially when trying to do shit like D12 cancel into it with Jax, and not to mention trying to cancel some moves into LK bicycle kick, Kung Lao's 11212 string, Jacqui's Stanky Leg, insta air specials etc. To put charged inputs on that level is not even close, and I played Bison and Chun Li. You might just be finding this stuff harder because you are more used to playing NRS games. The things you mention are not difficult, what you mention is not even the harder stuff in SFV tbh

Last edited:

God Confirm

Who had difficult execution? Seriously asking
Swarm Queen, Kenjutsu, Hellfire, Cyrax, Jax, anyone who relies on insta airs (special mention to Aftershock for insta air DD1's), anyone with run cancellable special except for HQT's baby mode ones, Cassie (especially Hollywood), Hunter Preadtor, etc hell even Dragon Naginata had harder BnBs then 90% of fighting game characters I've learned and shes not even one of the hardest in MKX.

It's easy to look over if you just mained Bojutsu and Mileena or something, but MKX had a lot of difficult shit

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Swarm Queen, Kenjutsu, Hellfire, Cyrax, Jax, anyone who relies on insta airs (special mention to Aftershock for insta air DD1's), anyone with run cancellable special except for HQT's baby mode ones, Cassie (especially Hollywood), Hunter Preadtor, etc hell even Dragon Naginata had harder BnBs then 90% of fighting game characters I've learned and shes not even one of the hardest in MKX.

It's easy to look over if you just mained Bojutsu and Mileena or something, but MKX had a lot of difficult shit
As someone who played a list and dragons fire and hellfire I definitely dont agree that they had difficult execution. If I could do cancels on an analog stick anyone can do them.

God Confirm

As someone who played a list and dragons fire and hellfire I definitely dont agree that they had difficult execution. If I could do cancels on an analog stick anyone can do them.
Well, I strongly disagree, even in guilty gear I struggle to find things that match some of those characters execution. Regardless, my main point is that they are a whole nother tier of execution above anything in SFV/I2/DBFZ etc, not saying that MKX is the hardest game in the world or anything.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

I use SQ and Hellfire (I’m guessing you mentioned them due to special into run cancel pressure/combos) and I don’t find them hard at all.

When it comes to IAs, everyone knows my main is Kitana, but I also use Mileena and Cassie and I don’t find their IAs hard at all. Cassie’s IAGuns are the hardest thing about her imo.

Idk it could be me since I play Tekken, BB, GG and other FGs, but I find MKX stupid easy in terms of execution.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
MKX didn’t have 360s, 720s, half circles, Charges, 1f links, just inputs, TKs, etc. It’s baby mode compared to other fighters

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
You think a DP input or a 3/4 circle motion is anywhere near Hellfire having 3 frame link + a run cancel at the same time in his BnBs? Dvorah having a tight as hell run cancel link her low starter? Cassies flip into run 212 link? Hell Jacqui had some run cancels so hard we didn't really see anyone who could do them consistently. Those motions you talk about are just individual inputs not hard execution, and the worst that SF has is matched easily by the god awful DBF grapple input NRS uses, especially when trying to do shit like D12 cancel into it with Jax, and not to mention trying to cancel some moves into LK bicycle kick, Kung Lao's 11212 string, Jacqui's Stanky Leg, insta air specials etc. To put charged inputs on that level is not even close, and I played Bison and Chun Li. You might just be finding this stuff harder because you are more used to playing NRS games. The things you mention are not difficult, what you mention is not even the harder stuff in SFV tbh
Of course I don't think they are difficult because I can do them. But if you think MKX execution is harder then anything you have to do in MKX is a joke. Please show me all the combo trials with the charges, dps, qcf, qcf qcfx2, etc into comobs are easier then MKX combos and move have to offer.

Deep33

Noob
Who had difficult execution? Seriously asking
Difficult Execution in MKX you ask eh?

Try the corner combo at 0.15 in this link below. Let me know when you can get it 10/10
F12B2 RC F12B2 RC F12B2 RC F12B2

Or try the one at 1.17, let me know how it goes. Those triple VB cancels are simply piece of cake for the Tekken bros on here? Let me know Tekken bros. On the same note, point me to what you think is the hardest Tekken combo. I'll see if i can get it down in under an hour.

Last edited:

MKF30

Difficult Execution in MKX you ask eh?

Try the corner combo at 0.15 in this link below. Let me know when you can get it 10/10
F12B2 RC F12B2 RC F12B2 RC F12B2

Or try the one at 1.17, let me know how it goes. Those triple VB cancels are simply piece of cake for the Tekken bros on here? Let me know Tekken bros. On the same note, point me to what you think is the hardest Tekken combo. I'll see if i can get it down in under an hour.
Good point, plus if you've ever seen those insane combo compilations that Check does, I think people would rethink MKX's "easy execution" The shit he does is just unreal at times and are pretty much never done in any competitive setting. That combo looks insanely difficult btw, that's like the kind of combo that makes someone throw the controller through the TV lol.

sranc

creep
“Hardest fighting game” is subjective, no wrong answers. Kinda seems like you were fishing for an execution dick measuring contest. In my opinion the difficulty of any fighting game depends on the skill of your opponent, execution comes from repetition and shouldn’t have any real bearing on difficulty.

God Confirm

I use SQ and Hellfire (I’m guessing you mentioned them due to special into run cancel pressure/combos) and I don’t find them hard at all.

When it comes to IAs, everyone knows my main is Kitana, but I also use Mileena and Cassie and I don’t find their IAs hard at all. Cassie’s IAGuns are the hardest thing about her imo.

Idk it could be me since I play Tekken, BB, GG and other FGs, but I find MKX stupid easy in terms of execution.
I play these games too, I play Zato and Venom in GG so I know execution. I'm not saying MKX is at this level, just that it has so much harder shit than the average casual fighter these days. The things you mentioned are definitely not as hard as some of the hardest shit in FG's, but they are definitely harder than SFV execution or DBFZ combo paths

Of course I don't think they are difficult because I can do them. But if you think MKX execution is harder then anything you have to do in MKX is a joke. Please show me all the combo trials with the charges, dps, qcf, qcf qcfx2, etc into comobs are easier then MKX combos and move have to offer.
I mean I just listed out all this shit and you're telling me we have to compare combo trials?

hunter's corner bnb alone is harder than any BnB I've found in SFV

2.30. Take that shit to the lab see how easy it is. And that's nowhere near the hardest shit in game.

SFV is a piss easy game to play, probably even easier than DBFZ, I'm sorry but that's kinda how it was deliberately designed.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I play these games too, I play Zato and Venom in GG so I know execution. I'm not saying MKX is at this level, just that it has so much harder shit than the average casual fighter these days. The things you mentioned are definitely not as hard as some of the hardest shit in FG's, but they are definitely harder than SFV execution or DBFZ combo paths

I mean I just listed out all this shit and you're telling me we have to compare combo trials?

hunter's corner bnb alone is harder than any BnB I've found in SFV

2.30. Take that shit to the lab see how easy it is. And that's nowhere near the hardest shit in game.

SFV is a piss easy game to play, probably even easier than DBFZ, I'm sorry but that's kinda how it was deliberately designed.
My point is the execution in mkx is way easier then Sfv execution. Didn't say antanyth about the other games you mention.

MKF30

“Hardest fighting game” is subjective, no wrong answers. Kinda seems like you were fishing for an execution dick measuring contest. In my opinion the difficulty of any fighting game depends on the skill of your opponent, execution comes from repetition and shouldn’t have any real bearing on difficulty.
I agree with this ^ it really is all subjective, some people feel MKX's execution is harder than SF5's and some feel SF5's is harder, I mean I've spoke to people who felt Smash is harder than both. I think it depends on the individual a lot. I personally believe just because a game is easier regardless of the title, that doesn't necessarily mean it's not hard to master. Obviously learning the mechanics of the said game matter too as well as the opponent as everyone is different and offer something new to the table. Well said.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
MKX isn't the hardest, but certainly not the easiest. You can talk up any game, but truthfully, MKX has difficult execution in some small portions and has aspects that aren't completely easy to grasp if you jump over from other fighters or are even starting fresh. The same can be said for any other fighting game, though, tbh.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Also, if anyone wants to up-play any game's execution requirements, go play the Budokai games. Because, I kid you not, your success in that game is dictated on how well you can do unassisted just frame guard cancels. Literally...playing the game without absolute or near perfection on your execution is not even close to high level play. And there's no buffer frames to save your ass.

Top tekken players use characters with unseeable lows to win all the time. Knee rn actually. Having to read is harder than reacting because it forces you to make a commitment. In some ways I believe mk is a harder game. You can pick up tekken learn a character and beat a lot of ppl by playing 2d. The game isn't that insane, the moves are super slow with few exceptions and those exceptions are top tier characters. Its the movement that is discouraging because you have to have it to play against it.

Idk about sf or other 3d fighters but the hype on other games being harder is usually just ppl that think their experiences outweigh your own. I have a friend that plays with pling and some other dudes, he got me into tekken seriously. They believe injustice is way harder and think we have insane reactions. Its what you think man.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

God Confirm

My point is the execution in mkx is way easier then Sfv execution. Didn't say antanyth about the other games you mention.
yes, hence why the only game i referenced in my quote to you was SFV? what are you even talking about? the rest of my post was to someone Khaotic, it's clearly defined by whose quote is directly proceeding what I say.

Tweedy

Noob
People who say MKX was super easy, either sucked at it and just hated on it, or played it so much for 2 years that it became easy, like anything else.

To me games like SFV and Inj 2 are way easier than MKX, but Tekken 7 is definitely harder. Some of the hardest characters on MKX can resemble some of the easier Tekken characters for sure, but if you found MKX harder you probably weren't really playing Tekken correctly.

For people that will say i'm wrong about SFV/Inj 2, there's nothing in Inj 2 as difficult as cancel characters, Displacer Raiden, even like master of souls bnbs at the end. There were potatoes like characters I played, but there were also characters that potato players like me would just stay away from. Even Cassie Cage corner combos and Mileena opties were harder than anything necessary in Inj 2. Kung Lao is basically a Tekken character in comparison to Inj 2 characters.

SFV is literally made to be a potato game outside of Menat I guess.

DBFZ is the easiest game in existence so don't even go there lol. It's made super simple on purpose like it's a more extreme example of SFV.

Edit: So yeah MKX isn't really that hard but in comparison to modern fighting games it's in no way the easiest. Inj 2 is so easy that people think Ivy bnbs are hard.

There's an easy way to show that MKX has more execution heavy things than sfV. The players, in MKX we had people that were known for their ability to do high executions combos that no one else could do(tyrant with jax, xarakamaka with Liu Kang and Goonie with Raiden.) SfV has no player known for anything like that because the characters aren't really execution heavy. One thing people often forget in the execution debate is that even the most execution heavy game will have a potato character people like me can use so no the hardest guy to use in MKX isn't easier to use than the easiest guy in tekken.