What's new

Question Do Grundy mains need a secondary?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I feel that some MUs are extremely hard for Grundy, so hard that he may need a secondary.

Agree/disagree?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I forgot to ask you Mike, did you try airgrabbing Superman when he tried to dash at you in the air? I'm sure that air grab is invincible and you can blow it up all day

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I said this about 10000 times in other threads, some matchups are nearly impossible.
Playing a major hoping to win using only Grundy is foolish, expecially when you have extremely bad MU against almost every top tier.
I never picked a secondary character in any game I played, but in Injustice I am obliged, there is no other option for who mains Grundy...that's why I'm practicing with Superman.

I think its going to be necessary if youreally want to take this game seriously at tournaments. Grundy just has to hard a time against the stronger zoning characters in the cast. I'd recommend picking up either Superman, Green Lantern, Black Adam, Raven, or Deathstroke. Me personally I picked up Superman because I feel his zoning is top 5 in the game.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
I think there's an issue here in that if you pick up Superman/BA/GL as a secondary why play Grundy? It's not like they lose the matches that Grundy wins. In fact they probably win them better than Grundy. It's unfortunate but when you have top tier characters with few or no truly bad matchups why even play a character with a matchup chart like Grundy's?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I think there's an issue here in that if you pick up Superman/BA/GL as a secondary why play Grundy? It's not like they lose the matches that Grundy wins. In fact they probably win them better than Grundy. It's unfortunate but when you have top tier characters with few or no truly bad matchups why even play a character with a matchup chart like Grundy's?
Grundy is the only character that I truly like in Injustice, that's why.
But yes you have a point....no real reason to play him in tournament when you have a top tier as a secondary.

This game balance sucks

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I only play grundy a little, but I would say that every character should have a secondary, even imo superman

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I forgot to ask you Mike, did you try airgrabbing Superman when he tried to dash at you in the air? I'm sure that air grab is invincible and you can blow it up all day
yeah he did, he kept getting cleavers because it would cross up

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Why do you lot cry about zoners when you have advancing 3 hits of armour and a trait grab that basically removed the opponents option to chip you out?
You have no idea about the struggle a character like Sinestro has against DS.

Amadeous

Noob
In Japanese tournaments you have to enter a tournament with 1 character and stick with that character.

For this reason many Japanese gamers stick with 1 character and try to perfect that character.

With practice you will figure out even the bad matchups.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Its not zoners Im worried about. It's anyone who has decent air game tools that I'm worried about.
thats why there is ranked

full of bunnies to practice doing d2 1~SH MB.

The main reason I don't use air grab against air dashes... cuz D2 covers the entirety of his head.

I think Grundy will just take more MU experience... and unique usage of his WCC to beat air dash and air control characters.

Or i'm wrong

Yeah like everyone is saying, it's very early to say, but a command grab character with a freeze move is wild enough, so I wouldn't count out his matchups in the future after some nerfs on wakeup attacks and some frame data of other characters, grundys potential is god like.

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Why do you lot cry about zoners when you have advancing 3 hits of armour and a trait grab that basically removed the opponents option to chip you out?
You have no idea about the struggle a character like Sinestro has against DS.
The zoning is not the things that gives Grundy a hard time. Well unless we're talking characters with multi hitting moves or can blow up armor, but even then it's no too big of a problem. It's the fact that he is terribly slow with is normals, and that he as no real good footsies to blow up other characters abusable moves without having to take fairly big risks. It's also hard if you are playing characters that really easy ways to get out of you throw/strike 50/50s, and people who have a free wake up on knockdown.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The zoning is not the things that gives Grundy a hard time. Well unless we're talking characters with multi hitting moves or can blow up armor, but even then it's no too big of a problem. It's the fact that he is terribly slow with is normals, and that he as no real good footsies to blow up other characters abusable moves without having to take fairly big risks. It's also hard if you are playing characters that really easy ways to get out of you throw/strike 50/50s, and people who have a free wake up on knockdown.
Thats the price you pay for having unclashable damage and 50% resets AND an anti air in this game.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Thats the price you pay for having unclashable damage and 50% resets AND an anti air in this game.
You might be right. And it's actually 60%. My write wasn't really a cry for buffs or saying he's a bad character. These are just the things Grundy players are having trouble with, but I believe in time Grundy will have ways to deal with most of it.

I love how everyone is talking about counter picking, stage picking, and secondaries already in this game. What happened to learning bad match ups?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You guys struggling in some matches should REALLY look to using the defense trait

Taking ZERO chip damage is a big deal.... and forces everyone to come get you. I'd bet that once you guys figure it all out... Grundy will be a time out machine.