What's new

DLC plans + pay to unlock

No? arent you that guy who does literally nothing on this website but troll poorly
actually i was one of the best batman players in the first INJ. Ive also won a couple of locals in MKX with Pre patch takeda. Idk how i troll poorly when me giving people "old" shut down the entire rating system.....id say that was quite a success, even though i was trying to point that people as yourself i olded were giving really shitty posts. So who are you exactly?

immediately exposed on why you getting so butthurt bout people calling pay-to-win pay to win
lmfao w0t

you literally JUST posted it

and FT10 online, fuckboy, I ain't making any majors sometime soon. and You the one who challenged my skill, lighten up a little, this will be fun
well if you're so good, come beat me and take my 500 dollars. Should be able to cover your costs :)

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
actually i was one of the best batman players in the first INJ. Ive also won a couple of locals in MKX with Pre patch takeda. Idk how i troll poorly when me giving people "old" shut down the entire rating system.....id say that was quite a success, even though i was trying to point that people as yourself i olded were giving really shitty posts. So who are you exactly?
I actually didn't know none of that I'm pretty new to fighters. And me, I'm god confirm. Hi

and I take back the part about you being a poor troll if thats truth then you actually quite accomplished I don't actually know much

well if you're so good, come beat me and take my 500 dollars. Should be able to cover your costs :)
ill be honest I've actually never played a real game of Injustice so I'd be leaving 500 out of pocket on top of plane trip and accomodation fees. Was just gonna try wing it see how I go tbqh

you read my posts right you know all I'm doing is hitting some people in-denial with a bucket of reality to what p2w actually is? cause this, is it. Thats all.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
its all good man. We'll play later on when inj2 drops :)
Safe mate. FT10 money match, I am NOT backing out. but we are gonna have to drop that $500 stakes by a couple of zeros. My finances aren't quite up yet, just buying the damn game probably put me out of pocket

might be a different story in a year, who knows. May be able to go as high as $10 if my investments pan out

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I'm more worried about the model in which I'll have to pay because god knows I wont have the time to grind.

Will $20 unlock it all? Or is it going to be $5 for 3 items? Or maybe it'll be $5 for 1 piece of Legendary gear, so I'll have to pay like $40 per character to deck them out in good gear.

This shit is so dumb to me.

Lol that's some weak trolling.
I thought you were meant to be good at this?

Like, I'm not even slightly mad and I'm usually hostile as fuck.

Don't know how ones opinion is meant to correlate to skill but okay then.
This is when you need the "old' emote for his idiotic comment.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Level based matchmaking should be a given though for any multiplayer, PvP system that uses character leveling.
Yeah, since this is NRS's first run at an RPG gear type of system they'll probably have more online rooms, options I'd wager. Maybe gears ranked, gears player, no gears, KOTH gears, non gears KOTH etc, etc God knows what else lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I was told to read this thread and I did but after doing so didn't see anything wrong w it

I saw no bad posts at all. I saw a few people arguing w people I have blocked but basically just saw a lot of people making smart comments about the gear system and how it won't be such a bad thing. I saw mkf posts, Homelee etc all seemed fine

......Then everything changed when I clicked this

And now I'm like

Esruck Cype

...or just call me E.C.
Yeah, since this is NRS's first run at an RPG gear type of system they'll probably have more online rooms, options I'd wager. Maybe gears ranked, gears player, no gears, KOTH gears, non gears KOTH etc, etc God knows what else lol
I think NRS is smart enough to keep it simple. Two modes: "Whatever name where gear stats don't matter" and "whatever name where gear stats do matter" modes

For both modes, it'll be the expected modes for each (KOTH, Ranked, etc). For the "whatever name where gear stats do matter", players can set a gear threshold, so if they reeeeaallly want to go up against the scrubby Superman that dropped that $20 for early access to Legendary gear and is now top geared in the world, sure, go ahead, set that threshold to "All" and ready your TYM bitchfest thread. Everyone else defaults to "2 level threshold".

Esruck Cype

...or just call me E.C.
Totally agree. This would probably be the result. But would be nice an option with all gears temporarily allowed just for tournaments.
That would be interesting side tourney, like Hyper Street Fighter II or the Edition Select mode in SFIV. I'm still not sure how that would work wth offline tourneys, unless the "unlock all" DLC isn't too expensive. And there's a LOT of time allotted. NRS players spend enough time doing combo checks and char-select screen counterpick battles. Now we'd have to deal with "what all gear do I choose for this next match" nonsense.

And even more unsure of how NRS/WB would handle gear stats for ESL. Maybe the future Challenger Cups would have gears with stats on??? Not even gonna lie: I would love to see that. Some online champion beating SonicFox because he picked the PERFECT gear loadout with 15+% defense and a damage-over-time proximity belt. The strats.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
That would be interesting side tourney
I disagree. The gear system looks to be like the "variation" system.. just more in-depth and more able to be attuned to individual players. I think that players making choices about what gear they will run on their fighters will add a huge level of strategy to the games.

If everyone has the ability to choose form all the gear avaliable, no one is locked out of anything, then it is all about what you as a player pick... are you a glass cannon, tankish mega health.. do you go for that power special move.. each choice means you can not choose another way. That is awesome.

Just like variations in MKx are awesome.. this could also be fantastic (assuming it works this way) and just like MKx it would suck to play variationless , I suspect gearless will also suck, as it is not how the characters are designed to be run.

I see the gear system (until proven wrong) to be a custom variation system. You loose a game to Alien Acidic corner pressure, so next game you unequip a damage booster and get some extra health, or gain a cannon drill special move or something. The same kind of decision making you do in MKx with variations but much deeper and more tactical. You see this in "character builds" and "Gear Sets" in MMOs all the time and it provides a incredibly deep and interesting and most important varied competitive scene.

Gear shouldn't be the side tournament, it should be THE event.

d3v

SRK
The problem with that is that it conflicts with two things. First, why play to level up when you can just play the mode with all the gear already unlocked, second, why pay money for gear unlocks when there's already a mode with all the gear unlocked?

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
no.. you would have to pay for the gear unlock.. each console would have to buy the pack on the event systems, i guess.

Esruck Cype

...or just call me E.C.
Gear shouldn't be the side tournament, it should be THE event.
I think that would be interesting and damned refreshing if not revolutionary, but, the way the FGC is now, there would just be so much blowback, especially with gear being tied to levels. I dabbled in WoW for a hot second (literally two months), and the way the competitive Arena mode worked was that, in order to even compete, you had to have the top gear for your classes. That gear was designed and "balanced" for competition, but you still had to be fully leveled to get there (and I honestly didn't even like that). FGs are still thought of as "level-playing field from the jump" outside of DLC chars. There's no getting to a gear/equipment/item/level threshold. You pick your char and it's only your innate skills that win the fight.

The other issue is that a lot of those other competitive games go through several patches to make their crazy player-based mishmashes of char and item variety work. And people may whine, but that's just the way it is, because that's how all those competitive games are. In the FGC, because of Dark Age legacy, patches in FGs are frowned on. Heavily. Severely. Grossly. An NRS game gets a patch and it's a sea of complaining. Complaining that the buffs were unnecessary because the char was already good but slept on. Complaining that the nerfs were unnecessary because the char "needed it". Complaining that "this other FG doesn't get patched ever and people just play through the broken horseshit for years!". Complaining about the patch frequency. Complaining about the complaining. And it's a bad look for everyone.

Even if Inj2 had a varied "max level" gear set that wasn't hard to obtain, reasonably balanced, and allowed for a lot of individual player variety, I'd be amazed if it still didn't result in a lot of flack within this community itself that could just be avoided altogether by keeping everything simple.

d3v

SRK
I think that would be interesting and damned refreshing if not revolutionary, but, the way the FGC is now, there would just be so much blowback, especially with gear being tied to levels. I dabbled in WoW for a hot second (literally two months), and the way the competitive Arena mode worked was that, in order to even compete, you had to have the top gear for your classes. That gear was designed and "balanced" for competition, but you still had to be fully leveled to get there (and I honestly didn't even like that). FGs are still thought of as "level-playing field from the jump" outside of DLC chars. There's no getting to a gear/equipment/item/level threshold. You pick your char and it's only your innate skills that win the fight.
It's not just an FGC thing. Esports in general now favors this. The long running games are all like this (most MOBAs, CS:GO, Starcraft, etc.) and most games with level/progression never really establishing that big a foothold.