What's new

DLC plans + pay to unlock

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
i love how I posted a screenshot of the google results for the definition of pay to win

people "disagree" with it

well ok then.

You guys totally aren't rabidly defending anything NRS regardless of logic and facts or anything like that right

I don't like that they are considering a P2W model either, I also don't like that I2 will be a running meme in the FGC if they do. But it doesn't make either of these statements untrue.

i love how I posted a screenshot of the google results for the definition of pay to win

people "disagree" with it

well ok then.

You guys totally aren't rabidly defending anything NRS regardless of logic and facts or anything like that right

I don't like that they are considering a P2W model either, I also don't like that I2 will be a running meme in the FGC if they do. But it doesn't make either of these statements untrue.
Don't be shocked or surprised. It's just what is to be expected from this community... you know, the same community that once stated that tournament placings define overall tier list placement.

Don't be shocked if your receives "old" or "disagree" for no apparent reason other than to hide and ignore the validity of your statement.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Extremely happy to see there is a all-unlock code you can buy... I'll probably level up normally for the most part but at some stage in gear unlock games I always just run out of time... This is a nothing but net idea of a DLC!

Jynks

Have you people never played a Soul Calibur game? This gear system has already been done. Guess what? The gear boosts will only affect casual players.
It will be a real shame if that is true. The idea of player "builds" where we design our own custom variations is really awesome. It would be a travesty to have the tournament scene forced to use a variationless version of the game. That would be like MKx existing but only the default base versions of all the characters being allowed in tournament.

It is my hope that the gear system really is at its heart of custom variation system and it included in tournament play the same way MKx is. All it means is the event system needs a 100% unlock (that we already know can be gained by purchasing the DLC) and players set their gear during button config.

Even if there is play to win, I'm sure the MM is not stupid enough to put you against people who have higher stats. If your gear and MMR is of a scrub then you'll be matched with other scrubs, don't worry, no one is going to be P2W. Unless you accept a private match.

So what's the issue here? Get a job, buy stuff or don't.

Bam, the end. Now go play some video games.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Even if there is play to win, I'm sure the MM is not stupid enough to put you against people who have higher stats. If your gear and MMR is of a scrub then you'll be matched with other scrubs, don't worry, no one is going to be P2W. Unless you accept a private match.

So what's the issue here? Get a job, buy stuff or don't.

Bam, the end. Now go play some video games.
Come to think of it, I seem to remember Boon saying in one of the many interviews during E3 that there would be a system in place that sets you up with other players around your rating and not like an 80 vs. a 20 lol Superman...

I'm sure we'll find out more as time goes on, I just hope NRS starts the awesome kombat kasts again those are so much fun, plus like nobody else does that shit(which is awesome) I mean technically NRS doesn't have to do that but they make the time to. :)

d3v

SRK
Come to think of it, I seem to remember Boon saying in one of the many interviews during E3 that there would be a system in place that sets you up with other players around your rating and not like an 80 vs. a 20 lol Superman...

I'm sure we'll find out more as time goes on, I just hope NRS starts the awesome kombat kasts again those are so much fun, plus like nobody else does that shit(which is awesome) I mean technically NRS doesn't have to do that but they make the time to. :)
What Ed Boon stated was that for tournaments, we'd have access to a "level playing field" mode where gear and levels would likely not matter.

Jynks

What Ed Boon stated was that for tournaments, we'd have access to a "level playing field" mode where gear and levels would likely not matter.
yeah but "level playing field" can just as easily mean that all the gear is available and players can select their builds as they like before the game starts... it dosn't have to mean that gear is not used at all.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah but I mean like a match making kind of option as far as the gear is concerned or something that @Jynks just said. He was kind of vague to be honest so I think we'll get more info soon. I'm sure they'll go much more into it in the balance gig soon.

Esruck Cype

...or just call me E.C.
yeah but "level playing field" can just as easily mean that all the gear is available and players can select their builds as they like before the game starts... it dosn't have to mean that gear is not used at all.
I think that mode would be more of a "your custom character(s) with all your cool-looking gear will be playable, but all the stat-boosts are disabled" mode. It would still give the more competitive players incentive to make their mains look unique online in that mode (no one wants should suffer thru default-costume mirrors), but the playing field would still level.

d3v

SRK
Yeah but I mean like a match making kind of option as far as the gear is concerned or something that @Jynks just said. He was kind of vague to be honest so I think we'll get more info soon. I'm sure they'll go much more into it in the balance gig soon.
Level based matchmaking should be a given though for any multiplayer, PvP system that uses character leveling.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
Dlc overpriced? Probably.
Comparing COD to a fighting game? Funny
Are people really this thick?
The conversation was about microtransactions, not dlc.
Never compared COD to MKX.
I used COD as an example of a game with a poor and exploitive microtransaction system.
Like really, your comprehension skills are seriously lacking.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
Lettuce be real here. Players like @God Confirm @QUAN-FUSION that are complaining so hard about this....are going to need it. You guys are honestly gonna suck at that game anyways
Lol that's some weak trolling.
I thought you were meant to be good at this?

Like, I'm not even slightly mad and I'm usually hostile as fuck.

Don't know how ones opinion is meant to correlate to skill but okay then.

Lol that's some weak trolling.
I thought you were meant to be good at this?

Like, I'm not even slightly mad and I'm usually hostile as fuck.

but i wasnt trolling lol i legit think you're going to need it b/c you're going to suck

also i give you this

Last edited:

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You're not gonna have a 1:10 win: loss ratio because a Batman is throwing an extra bat. You'll be losing because you're bad. You're whinning about something we don't know ANYTHING about. Nobody is pointing a gun at you and forcing you to buy anything. We don't even KNOW if they're gonna have microtransactions.

This sounds like filthy casuals whinning about the $20 bucks to unlock everything thing MKX had without realizing how overwhelmingly helpful it was in the tournament scene

Here have this @QUAN-FUSION I know you collect these

God Confirm

You're not gonna have a 1:10 win: loss ratio because a Batman is throwing an extra bat. You'll be losing because you're bad. You're whinning about something we don't know ANYTHING about. Nobody is pointing a gun at you and forcing you to buy anything. We don't even KNOW if they're gonna have microtransactions.

This sounds like filthy casuals whinning about the $20 bucks to unlock everything thing MKX had without realizing how overwhelmingly helpful it was in the tournament scene

Here have this @QUAN-FUSION I know you collect these
i personally dont give a shit about this from whether I win or lose, if anything being able to min-max is going to give me an advantage, not that I care. My main concern isn't really gameplay its the fact that if they go through with what they considering, this IS going to make I2 a fgc meme no matter how minimalistic it is, and that bothers me. ive already seen it being called the "upcoming P2W nrs fighter" on kappa, if it goes through its going to be a running joke lol and its so unnecessary.

My friends are mostly SFV players and it's already hard enough already to talk to them about NRS games. was hoping I2 as a NRS's first Back-to-block fighter with a working netcode, and Injustice having less BS than MK, would be a finally a real way to swing em and have an undeniable foot to stand on that NRS isn't skillless, so I don't like this change for more personal reasons than just design. Although don't get P2W mechanics in a fighter is fckin dumb tho lol

my only other argument in this thread is correcting people who misdefine the word "pay to win" just because they don't WANT it to apply here which is funny af

pro's like @HomeLee1121 aint even read a thing tho just come in with the regular old idiocy

FT10 me Home and we'll see who needs steroids in I2?

i personally dont give a shit about this from whether I win or lose, if anything being able to min-max is going to give me an advantage, not that I care. My main concern isn't really gameplay its the fact that if they go through with what they considering, this IS going to make I2 a fgc meme no matter how minimalistic it is, and that bothers me. ive already seen it being called the "upcoming P2W nrs fighter" on kappa, if it goes through its going to be a running joke lol and its so unnecessary.

My friends are mostly SFV players and it's already hard enough already to talk to them about NRS games. was hoping I2 as a NRS's first Back-to-block fighter with a working netcode, and Injustice having less BS than MK, would be a finally a real way to swing em and have an undeniable foot to stand on that NRS isn't skillless, so I don't like this change for more personal reasons than just design. Although don't get P2W mechanics in a fighter is fckin dumb tho lol

my only other argument in this thread is correcting people who misdefine the word "pay to win" just because they don't WANT it to apply here which is funny af

pro's like @HomeLee1121 aint even read a thing tho just come in with the regular old idiocy

hahahahaahahhahahhaha weren't you the guy that asked what "SRK" meant? Which major would you like? ill start making plans now. Ill even put down 500 dollars on the match.

God Confirm

Whether or not you are bothered by the fact that they just announced that there is an upcoming pay-to-win model being considered, is fine, everyone is free to want different things in a game.

What yu cant do is rewrite the definition of p2w to mean something it doesn't

some real in-denial ass fuckery

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

So the basis for your whole argument comes from you not wanting some randoms to make fun of a games mechanic because you imagine that's gonna happen...?

God Confirm

hahahahaahahhahahhaha weren't you the guy that asked what "SRK" meant?
No? arent you that guy who does literally nothing on this website but troll poorly

Which major would you like? ill start making plans now. Ill even put down 500 dollars on the match.
immediately exposed on why you getting so butthurt bout people calling pay-to-win pay to win

-challenges me to a ft10
-changes the topic immediately

you literally JUST posted it

and FT10 online, fuckboy, I ain't making any majors sometime soon. and You the one who challenged my skill, lighten up a little, this will be fun

God Confirm

So the basis for your whole argument comes from you not wanting some randoms to make fun of a games mechanic because you imagine that's gonna happen...?

sorry, what whole argument do you think I have I made here?

All I've said is that this is a P2W model, and thats fine but thats what it is

My only argument has been bout a definition because lames can't handle the truth

I haven't even been arguing that its a bad thing - I don't personally like it but everyone is entitled to what they want in a fighter and thats on them, I have no argument to whether this is good or bad, I'm just saying it IS pay to win mechanic no matter how much mkf30 wants that NRS pr job, and that im worried that it is gonna give I2 a terrible rep. Ive had nothing else to say on the matter