What's new

DLC/Patch general discussion

Just want to know what you guys know of or can confirm..

Obviously we know Kenshi and Scarlett are coming
Im pretty sure free DLC is coming soon i hope this is klassic kostumes
Patch will fix things like cyrax bomb trap, Kung Lao damage nerf and other genral bugs in the game.
Net code should be getting a patch as well

What do you guys want most for DLC and what do you realistically expect.

The only characters I would like to see is Rain and Shinook although the current char selection is good
Stages and fatalities would be nice but i'd rather get gameplay fixes and net code
Klassic Kostumes is what I really want to see. I missed out on Reptile and I love his klassic. Other alternates would be nice as well.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I want Shinnok, Rain ( and please for the love of GOD improve Rain from MKA... his specials for corny as hell looking - take him back and give him proper MK3 reintroduction)

I would also like to see Hotaru from MKD as well as Dairou and Havik... so, I guess you could say I was an MKD fan. :D

B W1zZ

Noob
Things I want to see in the patch:

1.) Kung Lao nerf: obviously this is underway, damage is being nerfed, not sure if this means the spin shouldn't be nerfed or if nerfing the spin + damage would make him underpowered? I think the spin should be slightly more punishable on whiff/block. Kung Lao is too easy win at the moment.

2.) Baraka buff: I hear his damage is being buffed, not sure what else but I hope this makes him a more viable character as I'd like to use him.

3.) Two thumbs up on patching Cyrax bomb trap and Quan Chi rune trap.

4.) Like everyone else I want better netcode, this along with the balance changes I think should be the number one priority.

5.) For DLC I mainly hope to see Fujin, Shinnok, and Rain. I'd also like to see some of the newer characters like Frost, Havik, Hotaru, but I'm not holding my breath. I think it would also be awesome to see the kombat tomb and red portal stages from MK2 as well.

6.) New moves/combos, or the enabling of certain "hidden" moves in the game, for the purpose of balancing the roster out and making certain characters more viable/balanced in certain matchups.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Noob
I seriously hope they're not removing Cyrax's bomb trap. Nerf the damage, but don't remove the trap.

Future updates I'd like to see:

Scorpion:
- Currently, his overhead is VERY slow and can be fuzzy blocked from a crouch block when you hear the sound of the swords. In higher level matches and against people with Scorpion matchup experience, semi-negates his 50/50, as you'll have to catch someone sleeping to get them with the overhead. Speed up the overhead.

- Scorpion's teleport is seriously slow. He can't use it to anti-zone whatsoever and this is a huge problem for a character so reliant on getting inside to be effective. His ability to get inside is already very risky, and combine that with the fuzzy block an overhead and he loses a lot of his options when he gets inside vs. someone familiar with the matchup. Increase the speed of the teleport so he can punish zoning and get inside.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I am really hoping for Cyber Sub-Zero's bombs to be patched.

They should freeze on every hit instead of just blowing the opponent back, not including the double freeze rule, and a cool down period for a freeze after another freeze.

They need to move the bombs to 4, as you cant pressure with down 3's or dash into his 3 3 2, or 3 4 strings.

If they fix this, then I will be over the moon.

Jay9k

Noob
Patches:i want kung laos damage nerfed kabals damage scaling nerfed
DLC: i want rain,havik,kenshin

Soooo we ever gonna see Tanya?
I think shes hilarious enough to be DLC.
I also agree Rain should be a DLC
But confirmed Kenshi sounds a bit sketchy. I really hope his style is completely different from Ermac.

Neclord

Noob
Patch:
- I would like to see some improvements for King of the Hill online. 1vs1 is pretty good at the moment, but KotH is very laggy sometimes. (I heard that the next patch will improve the netcode greatly :))
- Add the function to save/record replays.
- Add some more colors for the characters. Like in SSF4.
- No balance changes at the moment, because the game is out for just one month. People complain too much about balance imo.

DLC:
- I would like to see Tanya, Frost and Havik. I hope for at least 6 additional characters.
- Add more costumes, not only the retro outfits, but also new costumes for all characters. :)
- Add a new mode for online play, a tournament mode like in SSF4.

-Troid-

Studious Wizard
I like what I've heard so far with what the first patch should bring. As for DLC I'd like to be able to get some more costumes (maybe even an alternate Cyber Sub, even though regular technically counts as him, I'm thinking maybe like a different cyborg design or somthing)
I remember hearing something about one of the first DLC characters being free (or at least Netherrealms was considering it) That would be cool if true. Not to tell them how to price their content (though technically I am) I'd at least like the DLC characters to be less money than a certain other fighting game (cough....Marvel 3...cough). I'm definitely looking forward to Skarlett and Kenshi, though I can't think of any others I'd like added off the top of my head since I haven't really played much of the 3D games, and it's been a while since I've played the old games.

Lastly I really hope the patch fixes the online because I'd like to play King of the Hill with no lag (Really like the avatar theater thing XD )

Great game so far Netherrealms just gotta hammer a few things out!

my requests:

patch -
the netcode
buff weaker characters
leave stronger characters alone
increase damage scaling across the board once a combo hits over 45%, 65% and higher should be essentially impossible to do. fixing this by upping the damage scaling once the damage reaches a certain threshold means that no specific characters have to get nerfed in damage or frames.

dlc -
new costumes
no more than 4 new characters, no more than $5 each
more retro costumes

Zebster

How's my volume?
increase damage scaling across the board once a combo hits over 45%, 65% and higher should be essentially impossible to do. fixing this by upping the damage scaling once the damage reaches a certain threshold means that no specific characters have to get nerfed in damage or frames.
A la MK4 maximum damage or KI scaling to 0%?

Im worried on when they will release the patch. I think the only indication as of now was from ed boons interview with G4tv that the patch will be together with the DLC. Though there are alot of hardcore MK players, the community right now is a well diverse mix which are dominantly SF series. Once AE comes out, this game will die down for sure. I am quite certain that they will release the DLC and patch to counter-act the AE release.

oh... don't touch Cyrax! he is escapable than alcatraz...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Definitely want to see Tanya, Rain, Havik, and Shinnok for DLC characters.

I seriously hope they're not removing Cyrax's bomb trap. Nerf the damage, but don't remove the trap.

Future updates I'd like to see:

Scorpion:
- Currently, his overhead is VERY slow and can be fuzzy blocked from a crouch block when you hear the sound of the swords. In higher level matches and against people with Scorpion matchup experience, semi-negates his 50/50, as you'll have to catch someone sleeping to get them with the overhead. Speed up the overhead.

- Scorpion's teleport is seriously slow. He can't use it to anti-zone whatsoever and this is a huge problem for a character so reliant on getting inside to be effective. His ability to get inside is already very risky, and combine that with the fuzzy block an overhead and he loses a lot of his options when he gets inside vs. someone familiar with the matchup. Increase the speed of the teleport so he can punish zoning and get inside.
NO NO NO. scorpion teleport needs to be nerfed.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Definitely want to see Tanya, Rain, Havik, and Shinnok for DLC characters.
"RT @TuleRune @noobde Is there any chance of Havik being MK9 DLC? The Human Pencil Sharpener fatality is legendary. Noobde: Not a good chance"
and a preemptive:
"RT @GanonMT91 @noobde Ed Boon, is there any chance of Mavado, Li Mei, and/or Kira being DLC in MK? Noobde: Pretty slim chance. Sorry. :("
The other 3 you mentioned would be cool though.

"RT @xSkullDemon41x @noobde What are your plans for DLC hmm? Noobde: So far Skarlet and Kenshi!"

Might be a while though.

I like what I've heard so far with what the first patch should bring. As for DLC I'd like to be able to get some more costumes (maybe even an alternate Cyber Sub, even though regular technically counts as him, I'm thinking maybe like a different cyborg design or somthing)
I remember hearing something about one of the first DLC characters being free (or at least Netherrealms was considering it) That would be cool if true. Not to tell them how to price their content (though technically I am) I'd at least like the DLC characters to be less money than a certain other fighting game (cough....Marvel 3...cough). I'm definitely looking forward to Skarlett and Kenshi, though I can't think of any others I'd like added off the top of my head since I haven't really played much of the 3D games, and it's been a while since I've played the old games.

Lastly I really hope the patch fixes the online because I'd like to play King of the Hill with no lag (Really like the avatar theater thing XD )

Great game so far Netherrealms just gotta hammer a few things out!
that free character was for xbox only beecause ps got kratos. its a rumor anyway and not true.

DMG scale nerf means more DMG for Kabal I believe but, anyways
Nerf Nightwolf to piss-off friend and on a cereal note don't nerf high tier yet first buff low tier

Zebster

How's my volume?
I can't believe I hadn't thought of this yet:
DLC Character: The Great Kung Lao.
Yeah it wouldn't make sense story wise but it would be a cool what if character.