What's new

DLC/Patch general discussion

Altsa

Give every character EX wakeup move that has armor, there are characters (for exsample Sektor and Quan Chi) who cant get up using a special if your opponent knows how to pressure.

Also Jade could use more mixup strings. Her only overhead is her staff slam for gods sake.

And change Mileena´s ball roll to hit low instead of high.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
…MK is not a turtling game…
I’m pretty much agree with that. And thanks to NRS it’s not as footsies/turtling heavy as a particular fighting game we all know, thus MK is fun to play and really fun to watch.

Moreover, throws is already somewhat under the question of their viability. In most cases it’s better just to block string + frame trap people than to throw attempt: it will give you meter and damage comparable to throw and will give an opportunity to catch people in mixups or frame traps to full combos, while most of the throws won’t grant you even a wakeup game unless you in the corner. Additionally throws can be broken (obviously) living you empty handed.

Which leads to conclusion, that complications in throws’ usage and their viability don’t warrant the proposed throw break without releasing :blk button.

DrDogg

Noob
I’m pretty much agree with that. And thanks to NRS it’s not as footsies/turtling heavy as a particular fighting game we all know, thus MK is fun to play and really fun to watch.

Moreover, throws is already somewhat under the question of their viability. In most cases it’s better just to block string + frame trap people than to throw attempt: it will give you meter and damage comparable to throw and will give an opportunity to catch people in mixups or frame traps to full combos, while most of the throws won’t grant you even a wakeup game unless you in the corner. Additionally throws can be broken (obviously) living you empty handed.

Which leads to conclusion, that complications in throws’ usage and their viability don’t warrant the proposed throw break without releasing :blk button.
So you have hit/block and full execution frame data to determine that every character has viable frame trap options that lead to full combos?

No offense, but it doesn't sound like you know enough about the game to determine the impact of throw techs while guarding. If you never threw me, and just went for block strings into limited frame traps, I'd be very, very pleased. Unfortunately, no one good does that.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Kung Lao is fine now. I hope they don't nerf him any further. He did deserve what he got the first time round, though. lol.

I read two pages of this and no one misses Reiko? Oh man :(
And I miss Fujin.

Everyone else seems to miss Rain... I didn't play MK3 that much, and in MKA Rain was some comic gimmick character who wore purple and was really lame when used by the computer.

cgerrr

So you have hit/block and full execution frame data to determine that every character has viable frame trap options that lead to full combos?

No offense, but it doesn't sound like you know enough about the game to determine the impact of throw techs while guarding. If you never threw me, and just went for block strings into limited frame traps, I'd be very, very pleased. Unfortunately, no one good does that.
No offence taken, however I did not say anything about every character having frame traps to full combo, moreover I said that throws are under the question of their viability, but not about throws being completely unusable.

What I meant in my post that some character have throws, which benefit their game, other don’t. Just for example, Sonya and NW throw leaves enemy close to you, thus you can actually pressure after it. Kung, Raiden, Kabal, Reptile have safe tools to close in fast to apply wake up pressure after their respectable throws, thus they can freely use it for their advantage.

However, many characters benefit from their throw only in certain situations, thus “under the question” term. Not to mention character specific strategies which don’t include throws.

Moreover, main argument here is “MK is not a turtling game”, at least we want it to be (I presume), which aside from other things implies fast paced gameplay. And certainly easily breakable throws will not help to achieve it, rather on the contrary.

P.s. It can be said about anyone (aside from devs/testers), that he/she doesn’t know enough about the game to determine the impact of throw techs while guarding by simple fact, that we can not test it and only can theory craft about it, thus in my opinion this is a moot point.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Two things needs to be patched imo, the horrible lag online and I'm happy the answer is on the way already for that, and the second thing is Scorpion. He doesn't have a proper overhead attack, he doesn't have a proper launcher (by that I mean sth like Smokes 3,2 or Raidens b3,1,2) and he can't pull off a decent combo without the spear. His teleport sucks also, it needs to be sped up or be made safe on block or something. And I didn't mention takedown yet...

In DLC I'd like to see Bo Rai' Cho, Reiko, Kai, Fujin and Mokap. As well as MK3 style customes. Especially for the cyborgs.

GStick

Noob
Bo Rai Cho definitely. Mokap would be fun if he played like Mokujin from Tekken.

I think they should have the controller vibrate when the game finds a match online, whether it be in ranked or player/chat. I usually get up and actually do something with my life while I wait for a match, and having the controller vibrate would be a good way to let me know to get back in and play so I don't have to peek through the doorway all the time to see if a match has started.

Obviously this wouldn't really work for people with sticks, but for the rest of us it would be a nice option to have.

cgerrr

Two things needs to be patched imo, the horrible lag online and I'm happy the answer is on the way already for that, and the second thing is Scorpion. He doesn't have a proper overhead attack, he doesn't have a proper launcher (by that I mean sth like Smokes 3,2 or Raidens b3,1,2) and he can't pull off a decent combo without the spear. His teleport sucks also, it needs to be sped up or be made safe on block or something. And I didn't mention takedown yet...

In DLC I'd like to see Bo Rai' Cho, Reiko, Kai, Fujin and Mokap. As well as MK3 style customes. Especially for the cyborgs.
Yeah, online is first and foremost.

I’m wholeheartedly agree on Scorpion Tele punch speed and useless takedown. However, Scorp has ‘proper’ launcher: it’s :fp:fp or :fk:fk hit confirm to Spear. It’s really hard to do bare, so most of the time it happens after jump in punch.

Oh, I’m totally for MK3 style cyborgs and Cyber Smoke (at least in form of alt costume).

Sleepy

Noob
For single player...

Throwing some alternates ( Once obtained ) into the Ladder match ups would be sweet.

A proper VS mode with all the basic options including CPU VS CPU, And Kombat Kode enabling.

These please...

And for Online...

Tag Team King Of The Hill Mode...

And obviously fixing latency and input delay issues.

- Scorpion's teleport is seriously slow. He can't use it to anti-zone whatsoever and this is a huge problem for a character so reliant on getting inside to be effective. His ability to get inside is already very risky, and combine that with the fuzzy block an overhead and he loses a lot of his options when he gets inside vs. someone familiar with the matchup. Increase the speed of the teleport so he can punish zoning and get inside.
If you can't punish zoning with scorpion's teleport you're not doing it right. Ermac's is far slower and I can even use that to punish non-stop projectiles. Also to everything else you said: Scorpion has extremely high damage potential off of one combo especially when you take into account level of difficulty compared to other people with similar damaging combos.

The whole overhead thing being fuzzy blocked especially in top end play... those players fuzzy block pretty much every combo they can because they know what's coming.

Scorpion is pretty good as a character and maybe could use a few buffs but the tele thing is seriously just amusing as his teleport is great for anti-zoning.

cgerrr

If you can't punish zoning with scorpion's teleport you're not doing it right. Ermac's is far slower and I can even use that to punish non-stop projectiles. Also to everything else you said: Scorpion has extremely high damage potential off of one combo especially when you take into account level of difficulty compared to other people with similar damaging combos.

The whole overhead thing being fuzzy blocked especially in top end play... those players fuzzy block pretty much every combo they can because they know what's coming.

Scorpion is pretty good as a character and maybe could use a few buffs but the tele thing is seriously just amusing as his teleport is great for anti-zoning.
I’ll test Ermac tele vs Scorp tele in terms of speed, but one thing can be said for sure: in most cases you can’t punish zoners with fast recovery projectiles like Kano for example with Scorpion tele punch even if you anticipated a projectile coming. And punish non-stop projectiles is much easier than punishing cautious zoning with selective well timed projectile usage.

And if 35% to 40% combo damage is considered “high damage potential” then half of the cast has “high damage potential”. Not to mention Cyrax’s, Kitana’s, Sonya’s and others 50+% damage.

I agree that Scorps former 50/50 can be fuzzy blocked as any other character launching move/combo. BUT, Scorp will eat full combo punish on block while others won’t.

If Scorpion would be a “pretty good character” then he’d have much more exposure in previous tourneys and other streams. As it is now I saw like 2 Scorps and they lost horribly to mediocre players using top tiers.

Scorpion needs NRS attention: it’s obvious that he was overnerfed after beta, coz as it’s now there are many other characters which can do everything better than Scorp and a little more.

_

Is the klassic costumes coming out within the next few hours or are we looking at tomorrow evening?
Most DLC 's from my experience usually come out early in the morning like between 4am - 8am... But I have seen some that didn't get released til the afternoon

Durango

Enhancer
The only things I could ask for from a balance patch would be to correct some of the projectile characters. Why is Sub-Zero able to slide under Mileena and Liu Kang's projectiles, but not Ermac's, Kitana's, or Raiden's? That puts them at a major advantage, forcing SZ players to dash-block and rely on mindgames to hope for a win. If they would fix the hitbox for at least Raiden's, since his doesn't fire as low to the ground, it would be a lot more fair of a matchup.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Just because I personally have no where else to put this... RAIN is finally announced!!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1176088p1.html

This page goes on to discuss that they will be giving Umk3 Cyrax and SEktor for FREE..along with other things in the future, so awesome.

Retweet by Hector:
"Skarlet release date, free cyborg costumes, Rain? Wow... "