What's new

DLC/Patch general discussion

Zebster

How's my volume?
Pretty awesome. June 21 for Skarlet huh? Cool.

Free compatability packs for those who don't get the DLC huh? Interesting, may help with the costume problems. 2 free skins (UMK3 cyborgs) if you get the compatability pack or the character. Oh yeah, RAIN.

According to Ed Boon they already did, but I would agree that it needs more work.
How can it already have fixed and still be far below average? Do these developers actually play the game online, because one would have to assume they don't if they can actually call the current amount of lag "fixed".

The netcode is bad enough that it's killing the community, and thus, it's killing the game. If we're going to be brutality honest, the netcode is bad to the point that the game isn't intact online. It's despicable that they originally bragged about the netcode being top notch, when in reality, MK9 has the worst online for any fighter released since T6 (which namco actually fixed) or the horrendous lag in KOF12.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
What I want for DLC, first and foremost is well-tested, well-balanced code and content. Don't rush anything, take your time and do it right. Don't just throw in a half-baked new character/stage/kostume/whatever in there just for the sake of having a new character/stage/kostume/whatever. If it's a new character make him/her balanced compared to the rest of the characters, with unique look (meaning his/her own 3D model) and moves of his/her own. I don't want to see a palette swap of Scorpion/Kitana/whoever with a moveset that consists of half of Sub-Zero's moves and half of Smoke's moves (for example). I know the temptation is going to be hard now not to push out as much content out there while the game is hot to make as much money as possible, but remember NRS, Quantity over Quality is always a win in the long run.

With all that said, what I want to see as DLC is Reiko. He was one of the best new characters in MK4 and had a cool moveset.

Update: or Frost. I liked her a lot in MKDA.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
NRS did a great job with this game and the netplay is FAR better then it was before, was in full rooms last night and amazing how well it played. Only thing is I got booted a few times from rooms randomly lol but outside of that, they did a good job with the patches, updates etc.

And their DLC content is reasonably priced if not free(costumes etc) Time to check out the new stuff! I hope we see Fujin, one of the best MK 4 characters no doubt besides Shinnok and Quan!