What's new

DLC Characters possibly leaked

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Genuinely curious but... Apart from his fashion sense what makes Rain deserve a spot on the roster? His water attacks? I'm just trying to grasp why he's "Popular" if he really is, or if this is a case of Waluigi-dom. If Rain got a DLC slot would the DLC still suck to you because ____ isn't in? Or are y'all really just Rain stans.
No like Rain has been around just as long as Sindel and Sheeva but... What does he do? Like he's as you said just a pallette swap of Sub and Scorp with water attacks and some lightning stolen from Raiden.
To me it's a combination of playstyle and character. I like his moveset a lot, he uses water and lightning in cool ways, and there's also his roundhouse kick which I find immensely fun. It's both visually appealing and fun to play. Then, I find his backstory extremely interesting. He's a prince, a demigod for f*** sake, yet was never recognized in Edenia. Imo, there's a lot of unused potential with him if he would just make the base roster once.

But it all comes down to personal taste. Every Ninja is basically a pallette swap with different moves, either you like them or not. You can't argue about personal taste I guess. There are many people who legitimately like Rain and would love him to be in the game. And there's some who don't, like with every charakter.

One last thing is that being a Rain fan kinda feels like being teased over and over again just to be let down in the end. Him being in MKX, having a role in the story and a somewhat developed moveset you could fight, yet you couldn't play him left a sour taste. Then there was the confusion with the Konquer emblem. We thought we'd get him several times and it never became true. It would be nice to really have him for once :D

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
I'm really happy for the people that are thrilled about this list but I can't say I'm excited about any of them besides Sindel and Fujin. I really don't care for any of the guest characters aside from maybe Spawn... although, I suppose the Joker could be interesting as long as they go with the Joaquin Phoenix version.

... and of course, the hurt that comes with the realization that Rain will never be apart of MK11.
He’s in krypt fighting blaze

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
To me it's a combination of playstyle and character. I like his moveset a lot, he uses water and lightning in cool ways, and there's also his roundhouse kick which I find immensely fun. It's both visually appealing and fun to play. Then, I find his backstory extremely interesting. He's a prince, a demigod for f*** sake, yet was never recognized in Edenia. Imo, there's a lot of unused potential with him if he would just make the base roster once.

But it all comes down to personal taste. Every Ninja is basically a pallette swap with different moves, either you like them or not. You can't argue about personal taste I guess. There are many people who legitimately like Rain and would love him to be in the game. And there's some who don't, like with every charakter.

One last thing is that being a Rain fan kinda feels like being teased over and over again just to be let down in the end. Him being in MKX, having a role in the story and a somewhat developed moveset you could fight, yet you couldn't play him left a sour taste. Then there was the confusion with the Konquer emblem. We thought we'd get him several times and it never became true. It would be nice to really have him for once :D
Thank you for your input I appreciate it. :D This is the kind of thing I was looking for not @SxS626 's PEOPLE LIKE RAIN pitch. I would love to see him developed some because to my memory he just has the prince and demigod thing and a neat movelist. No real tie-ins or development storyline worth noting though in X he has clearly allied himself with Mileena/Shao Kahn.

SxS626

Noob
And that invalidates them because... ?
because cyrax and sektor were in the game. triborg was literally created to implement all cyborgs in the game to fully utilize the variation system. if it was triborg with sektor's moves, then it would be different

but they had classic sektor and cyrax designs. they weren't just skins, they were the characters themselves

MalevolentFix

because cyrax and sektor were in the game. triborg was literally created to implement all cyborgs in the game to fully utilize the variation system. if it was triborg with sektor's moves, then it would be different

but they had classic sektor and cyrax designs. they weren't just skins, they were the characters themselves
And that invalidates them because... ?
The Devs have been on record stating that Triborg is different than having Sektor and Cyrax. They have a chance at being in KP2, as much a chance as Rain.

Pizza

Thrill Kill

lol

kantboy-2

Ripper
The cyber ninjas should be the Injustice 2 TMNT of this game; each skin with it's own loadout right out of the gate.

They can include Hydro and Smoke if they wanted to. Each one with a different faceplate/intros/outtros/dialogues.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
The thing is that Rain does have potential when it comes to story due to his ties to Argus, Taven and Daegon.

Unfortunately for Rain, the writers are quite obviously reluctant to rework Armageddon's story as part of the newest continuity.

MalevolentFix

Still working on a legitimate link for you, but the wording I recall was someone, I believe it was Boon said: "Triborg will not speak like Sektor or Cyrax because he is his own character. Triborg will speak like Triborg."
The cyber ninjas should be the Injustice 2 TMNT of this game; each skin with it's own loadout right out of the gate.

They can include Hydro and Smoke if they wanted to. Each one with a different faceplate/intros/outtros/dialogues.
This would be cool. The whole cyber initiative into one character like the turtles would be sick. I can see the dialogue options now.

Frost: Begin combat calibration protocol mu kappa.
Cyborgs simultaneously: Calibration not required. We are Lin Kuei perfected.
Frost: Let me show you the power of a Grand Master.

Cyborgs simultaneously: You will be the final addition to our programming.
Kuai Liang: You cannot defeat a true Lin Kuei grand master.
Cyborgs simultaneously: We are not here for Bi-Han.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
The thing is that Rain does have potential when it comes to story due to his ties to Argus, Taven and Daegon.

Unfortunately for Rain, the writers are quite obviously reluctant to rework Armageddon's story as part of the newest continuity.
The writers are obviously reluctant to write about anything that ocurred after MK4 and develop almost any character that hasn't been developed to death already. Rain isn't the only one who suffers from that.

portent

Noob

The thing is, all roads lead to armageddon. I have a feeling we're going to see the Argus, Taven, Daegon, Onaga, Rain timeline next.

Remember, in the game, it specifically references an "infinite" amount of timelines where both Liu Kang and Raiden are pitted against each other.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
This is faker than Niki Minaj booty.
You just can't fake that sheer amount of good intro banter IMO.

The thing is, all roads lead to armageddon. I have a feeling we're going to see the Argus, Taven, Daegon, Onaga, Rain timeline next.

Remember, in the game, it specifically references an "infinite" amount of timelines where both Liu Kang and Raiden are pitted against each other.
I know, you can see even see the Dark Raiden vs what is supposed to be Zombie Liu Kang at the pyramid of Argus.

I'm still hoping we'll eventually see more 3D era goodness, but for the time being these characters are just used as oftentimes nonsensical name-drops in the gear selection.

SxS626

Noob
Still working on a legitimate link for you, but the wording I recall was someone, I believe it was Boon said: "Triborg will not speak like Sektor or Cyrax because he is his own character. Triborg will speak like Triborg."

This would be cool. The whole cyber initiative into one character like the turtles would be sick. I can see the dialogue options now.

Frost: Begin combat calibration protocol mu kappa.
Cyborgs simultaneously: Calibration not required. We are Lin Kuei perfected.
Frost: Let me show you the power of a Grand Master.

Cyborgs simultaneously: You will be the final addition to our programming.
Kuai Liang: You cannot defeat a true Lin Kuei grand master.
Cyborgs simultaneously: We are not here for Bi-Han.
mhmm take your time i'll wait

portent

Noob
You just can't fake that sheer amount of good intro banter IMO.

I know, you can see even see the Dark Raiden vs what is supposed to be Zombie Liu Kang at the pyramid of Argus.

I'm still hoping we'll eventually see more 3D era goodness, but for the time being these characters are just used as oftentimes nonsensical name-drops in the gear selection.
I hope you mean 3D era character goodness, LOL. The games were NOT good. That said, they do have a ton of characters that I'm sure they're holding back for a new storyline in 12.