What's new

DLC Characters possibly leaked

I don't see a snowball's chance in hell that Sindel keeps that look without major alterations.

And let's be real -- of all the characters NRS could choose to redesign, Sindel probably deserves it the most. She's a queen, she should look regal, which she has never come close to.
MK9 kinda had a regal alt for her that I loved tbh. I would be fine with her coming back looking like this but slightly covered up a bit more cause that V is too deep for this era lol

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
All the Terminator haters can suck it, I'm hype he's in. ONLY if it's Arnold though. If it isn't, then you can unsuck it, cause I'll join you :p

Ash and Spawn, don't know, don't care much. Spawn has been hyped to eternity and a lot of people love him so I'm curious.

Joker, weird. I just can't see him getting mutilated on camera and DC being ok with it. I guess Superman did rip through him, but that was offscreen in the game. I don't know how to feel about him. He doesn't seem like he belongs in MK to me.

Nightwolf, Sindel, Shang, Fujin, Sheeva, all awesome. Can't wait. Queen Sindel <3 (Again, ignoring the fact that NRS doesn't mind selling main roster deserving characters for DLC. They've already opened the can of worms with Shang, so screw it).

You guys just need to accept the fact that guests sell massively among casuals and will never go away. I'm just hoping they're cool enough so that I don't mind them being there.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Wasn't there a leak that said the Joker would be DLC? Did it also get the rest right?
I'm trying to find that leak but I might need help. It was from GameFAQs and I think the leaker was called ArtJedi or something.

I remember the leak listed 12 characters that was being planned as DLC and Sheeva and The Joker was among them, but I think it also including characters like Reiko.

One thing I don't understand, these developers all know datamining is a thing... would it really be that hard to keep secrets if you just used fake placeholders or codenames for hidden characters and/or DLC in the game files? For example, have the file name be DLC1, DLC2, DLC3 etc for each character. You could also put names like Joker in there and have it just be someone else entirely. It's not like the game would function any differently, and you could still keep secrets this way or throw people off the scent. Would it really matter if the in game model for Sheeva is actually named "Joker" or "DLC7" in terms of how the game ran? Of course not.

Not that I'm denying the list or anything, I'm sure it is indeed real and I think it's pretty good. Extremely excited for Nightwolf and what they might do with someone like Ash. Super bummed if we never get Sektor and Cyrax. But it seems with a little effort you could definitely keep things secret so why not do that?

I don't see sektor and cyrax even though they're npcs but they wanna bring sheevah back. I feel like 3 guests right off the bat is too much. I would've been ok with just spawn and maybe 1 more down the line. I just don't wanna wait until the second rotation of dlc to get spawn. i want him now

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I'm trying to find that leak but I might need help. It was from GameFAQs and I think the leaker was called ArtJedi or something.

I remember the leak listed 12 characters that was being planned as DLC and Sheeva and The Joker was among them, but I think it also including characters like Reiko.
Are you thinking of this list? @Lord Greyjoy posted a few pages back

RothVI

d2 Spammer

Bro...

This is weird because he gets a lot of things wrong. Is this just the luckiest guesser ever?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

mook

Noob
One thing I don't understand, these developers all know datamining is a thing... would it really be that hard to keep secrets if you just used fake placeholders or codenames for hidden characters and/or DLC in the game files? For example, have the file name be DLC1, DLC2, DLC3 etc for each character. You could also put names like Joker in there and have it just be someone else entirely. It's not like the game would function any differently, and you could still keep secrets this way or throw people off the scent. Would it really matter if the in game model for Sheeva is actually named "Joker" or "DLC7" in terms of how the game ran? Of course not.

Not that I'm denying the list or anything, I'm sure it is indeed real and I think it's pretty good. Extremely excited for Nightwolf and what they might do with someone like Ash. Super bummed if we never get Sektor and Cyrax. But it seems with a little effort you could definitely keep things secret so why not do that?
Is it strange they weren‘t even a little bit hidden? I guess, but I saw someone say the Switch version was handled by someone else so maybe that‘s why?

It’s pretty weird they gave no explanation of what happened to Takeda and Kung Jin. I wouldn’t be surprised if they included either of them as DLC and explained their story in their ladder endings.

Didn’t they say they would be extending MK 11’s life far beyond what they have previously? I would love to see them do like SFV and keep making DLC for years afterwards.

Mileena
Sheeva
Goro
Quan Chi
Kintaro
Fujin
Nightwolf
Stryker
Rain
Ermac
Reptile
Tremor
Sindel
Havik
Reiko
Li Mei
Nitara
Ashrah
Moloch
Sareena
Countless guest characters

Could all be interesting additions. The story has become meaningless, so selling people on characters for 4.99 each is really their best chance at making money from us.

mook

Noob
I really hope they reveal the Kombat Pack soon. Speculation is fun and everything, but it's also easy to get your hopes up only for them to be crushed. I need to know if Fujin and Sindel are in or not.
I wouldn‘t be too worried, this stuff seems legit.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Are we sure KP1 has 6 characters? Couldn't it be 3 packs of 3, like it was in Injustice 2? Or was it confirmed KP1 has six?

But well, Fujin AND Sheeva? Man, that makes me happy. Guests suck as always, but I love me some Nightwolf and Sindel. Man, I thought there was a 0.0% chance of Sheeva being in this game. I'm so happy, she was always my favorite Shokan, well, since MK3. Was so hyped to see her in the trailer, but I thought she would get the Fujin and Sareena treatment.

Speaking of which... Fujin. Man, there are no words for how much I wanted him back. They were so overdue to making him playable. I'm only waiting for a confirmation of this to pre-order the game. I didn't know if I would've been able to keep it, but after learning the full roster, and all the mocking we got from Boon, I promised myself I wouldn't get this game if neither Rain nor Fujin were in the Kombat pack. I hope this gets confirmed so I don't have to break my promise :p

No cyborgs sucks, specially after seeing them in the trailer, and it saddens me both Sareena and Havik get left behind again, but, the MK side of this pack makes me happy.

PS: my choice would always be no guests, but if we are gonna have them, could we at least get some videogame characters there? I could see the novelty of having the Doom guy in the game, I don't see it with the Joker.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Bro...

This is weird because he gets a lot of things wrong. Is this just the luckiest guesser ever?
Is he wrong about the story?

The ways in which he's wrong, do they sound like they could be differences between an early draft of a script and a later draft, or do they just make no sense with how MK11 goes so it's doubtful they were ever real to any degree?

Gamer68

Fujin!
Maybe he has multiple sources? Or he misinterpreted the information given to him?

Example: I looked up some stuff and he said that the "KOL" codename in the Steam leaks was a character named Kollector, but then he went on to say that he was a "different take on a cyborg" Then mentioned how there was a female character in the game and he didn't know who it was.

It sounds like he mixed up some information. The character that was a "different take on a cyborg" was actually Frost, which was the female character in the base game he was talking about.

EDIT: At least this is what it seemed like he was saying from what I read. I do remember the thing about Kollector being a cyborg from before.

Last edited:
Wait. FOUR fucking guest characters? I already regret buying the premium edition.

Only Shang, Nightwolf, and Sindel would be worth it. Maybe Terminator.

Also, what about Sektor and Cyrax? Don't tell me they will remain NPC's. That would be dumb af.
that's why you don't do it and just wait or buy separate characters

If this is true....man....what a shit!

How they find slot spaces in a 2019 mk game where all of these chars are out:

Reptile
Ermac
Mileena
Sektor
Cyrax
Smoke
Rain
Sareena (people were asking for it)

And I did not mention the beloved ones like tremor and so so on.
This is unbelievable. Joker? Fucking....joker? How many guests this leak has? This is ridiculous.