What's new

Question [DISCUSSION] Batgirl's Moveset..?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im betting that since Batgirl is a smaller character she wont be as in your face as Batman is. Batman is a pressure machine plain and simple. Even his trait of the remote bats is designed for that.

Anyone claiming Batgirl would play exactly like that is just posting in a rage blinded by their own salt at her inclusion.

TOOL PREDICTION
Likely I bet she will get some kind of capture tool. Be it a trap, a bolo, or gas bomb stun or whatever is unknown, but I feel she will be someone who stuns folks and converts off that just like in comics.

Its obvious she will get some kind of projectile and lets face it...batarang doesn't exactly outzone a lot. Its useful, but if she is less pressure oriented than Batman she would make sense to get a better projectile. Whether its faster or has more hits by throwing several, or whether it has huge spread is unknown, but I feel she will get a better ranged tool than Batman.

I dont think she'll have the zipline. Thats a tool meant to pull batman to the action. If she has a lasso tool at all Im betting its as an AA only.

PLAYSTYLE PREDICTION
My prediction is she will be a highly mobile trap character/zoner.

Im betting that since Batgirl is a smaller character she wont be as in your face as Batman is. Batman is a pressure machine plain and simple. Even his trait of the remote bats is designed for that.

Anyone claiming Batgirl would play exactly like that is just posting in a rage blinded by their own salt at her inclusion.

TOOL PREDICTION
Likely I bet she will get some kind of capture tool. Be it a trap, a bolo, or gas bomb stun or whatever is unknown, but I feel she will be someone who stuns folks and converts off that just like in comics.

Its obvious she will get some kind of projectile and lets face it...batarang doesn't exactly outzone a lot. Its useful, but if she is less pressure oriented than Batman she would make sense to get a better projectile. Whether its faster or has more hits by throwing several, or whether it has huge spread is unknown, but I feel she will get a better ranged tool than Batman.

I dont think she'll have the zipline. Thats a tool meant to pull batman to the action. If she has a lasso tool at all Im betting its as an AA only.

PLAYSTYLE PREDICTION
My prediction is she will be a highly mobile trap character/zoner.
she could be in your face with grapples, like what black canary could have been. if she gets batarang then i hope it's not just one, but a barrage. a smoke bomb would be nice too.

I posted some ideas in the lulz-tastic thread formerly known as the "Batgirl leaked via XBL Marketplace" thread. Anywhoooooooo, the following is made with pretty much no actual knowledge of the character in the comics n stuff~

Sonic Battarang Trap - Batgirl throws a Sonic Battarang on a certain area of the floor (think Jax ground pound, hits low instead of unblockable), used for space control like Nightwing's staff ground pound. Meter burn has an AOE on the certain location.

Command Grab - Random karate takedown, because batfamily knows karate n stuff.

Rush Punch - Batgirl charges at the dude with a flurry of punches. This would be the ultimate hype move ever.

Her super would be making you watch her intro from the 60's cartoon. Her trait summons MMH, like Parasoul's egret summon, only serves as a roman cancel of sorts.

:joker:

shaowebb

she could be in your face with grapples, like what black canary could have been. if she gets batarang then i hope it's not just one, but a barrage. a smoke bomb would be nice too.
Yeah I'm hoping she gets an air projectile similar to Valentine's jumping scalpels in Skullgirls. Stops her fall, can be used mid combo and a possible OTG. If she grapples then go full on Blue Mary style with her or Vice from KoF.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
move 1 batarang
move 2 shake boobs (enemy is distracted for 30 seconds of free combo time)
move 3: call batman for help
move 4: goes back to her wheelchair

Yeah I'm hoping she gets an air projectile similar to Valentine's jumping scalpels in Skullgirls. Stops her fall, can be used mid combo and a possible OTG. If she grapples then go full on Blue Mary style with her or Vice from KoF.
i have no idea what you're talking about because i didn't play those games, but i blindly agree with you.

shaowebb

i have no idea what you're talking about because i didn't play those games, but i blindly agree with you.

Here's an idea of the Valentine style of play I was mentioning. Her air super is the scalpels and it pops them into the air and she lands before they do. That means she can OTG off of them as they come back down or go for juggle. Basically the character abuses the ability to slow her fall and her opponents to get insane air combos off of her frequent pop ups. Really fun character and her normal air scalpels function like Batman's glitter bomb except with the range of Akuma's air fireball and they are about as fast as Green Arrow's arrow shots.

Vice is a different sort of character with a fairly unique grapple style
She was sort of advanced but mainly she was an in and out pouncing style of character with ramming attacks who had a long distance grab and air grab cancels on her pounces. This meant as she dove or dashed in with fast punish moves she could cancel them into grabs and do combos that when they eventually knocked you too far away she could keep going by using her long range grabs like at near 22seconds on the vid. In and out high punish character with lots of potential damage with meter.

Blue Mary was also very different.
She was a character with crossups, overheads, lows and great speed. Not a dasher more of a jump in character. Her AA could convert into a grab though and that could be chain grappled or used to extend into other stuff. This meant that she would pressure once inside and if you tried to jump in on her she may aa into grabs on you. Lots of lows and crossups made her a threat. Low damage, high mixup potential with grapple finishes to combo strings that tacked on her necessary damage.

These are all ways I see as good approaches to do Batgirl.

cyke_out

Noob
beast boy, mmh, wildcat.....so many cool people they could put in besides an 100th batman character. we get it...he's popular.
No one you said equaled a cool character. to me.

that is the thing, no matter who they add, it's gonna piss someone off. I can't stand lobo, but that joke is getting in first. but whatever, as long as he plays well. I don't care. and I have enough faith in NRS that they can make batgirl a completely new and unique character from batman.

No one you said equaled a cool character. to me.

that is the thing, no matter who they add, it's gonna piss someone off. I can't stand lobo, but that joke is getting in first. but whatever, as long as he plays well. I don't care. and I have enough faith in NRS that they can make batgirl a completely new and unique character from batman.
Martia manhunter would not piss anyone off. fact :D