What's new

Question [DISCUSSION] Batgirl's Moveset..?

I like batgirl....

I'm just saying...

While I'm not upset at the news, I still feel bad that there could've been a list of people that could've provided maximized happiness for most people.

I read Batgirl Comics as well, I like her as a character.

As long as she plays differently. I'm down.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
If NRS didn't confirm it...then a picture is not confirmation. Meanwhile Tanya is still chained up in Kahns arena...

Am I a dick for the fact that I planned to main Bane, but now that I've read all the Batgirl salt...

It makes me want to be a batgirl main....

so I can force people to play against a character they despise?

I do it....
FOR EVIL!
Just human nature.

I don't think you understand that implication of a two frame ice wall.

I will tell you that ice clone is broken.
So...?

Eddyward

Noob
We could trivialize any character's moveset and make it sound boring or unimaginative. "Throws punch, grabs, grabs and breaks back, breaks back." Anyways, not a fan of Batgirl being in the game myself, but I'm not necessarily disappointed by it. I'll probably end up playing her if she's cool! Here's a quick moveset I designed:

Swingline Trait:
Trait - Swingline: Batgirl kicks the opponent as she swings towards the opposite wall. Batgirl can cancel swingline to fall to the ground, or cancel it by using an attack move. If Swingline is not cancelled, Batgirl sticks to the opposite wall and can move up or down.
  • Similar to Hawkgirl's flight, Batgirl cannot block and has different normals while she is swinging or hanging on the wall, such as a drop kick. Batgirl can also throw her projectiles while swinging or while hanging on the wall.
Projectiles:
Bolas: Batgirl swings her bola towards the opponent, tying them up if the hit connects.
  • MB Version: Batgirl ties the opponent up and pulls them towards her.
Tear Gas: Batgirl throws tear gas, slowly covering up the screen with gas. Useful with Swingline! Can only see the fighters' shadows.
  • MB Version - Smoke Bomb: Smoke slowly covers up the screen, and the opponent's next attack will miss. Cannot see fighters at all.
Sonic Batarang: Batgirl throws a Sonic Batarang on the floor. The distance must be controlled. After a brief delay, the batarang activates, damaging and stunning the opponent if they are near it.
  • MB Version: Rather than throwing the batarang on the floor, the batarang will hit the opponent, immediately activating the sonic shock.
Evade Stance: (I originally had this for Black Canary, but...)
Evade Stance: Batgirl uses her cape to evade an attack, briefly putting herself in an attack stance (similar to Raphael in Soul Calibur). Inputting a button while in this stance will immediately activate certain special moves. Stance can be cancelled earlier by moving.
  • Command Grab - Roundhouse Kick - Batgirl does a roundhouse kick that floors the opponent as she pulls their leg (Dragunov from Tekken!) This can be activated independently without using Evade.
  • Cape Flourish: Batgirl flourishes her cape, dazing the enemy without dealing damage. This can only be activated by using Evade.
  • Bat Swarm: Batgirl punches the ground, surrounding herself with a swarm of mechanical bats that knock the enemy away. This can only be activated by using Evade.
What do you guys think? I tried to make her as far from Batman as possible. I think by giving her two unique mechanics: Swingline and Evade Stance, she becomes nothing like him.​

ferneo6

Rhizomes and moustaches
All the Batman stuff. In the comics wasn't she more like Robin? Why would you not think she would be more like Nightwing?