What's new

Discussion about the inconsistencies of umk3

I tagged him because it was relevant to what I was saying. I had no idea you two had beef and I certainly didn’t know about any of this crazy shit. I DID know about Miss Spin being John though, and do you know who exposed him? None other than @MRIGOTBASS!

And yes, me and Bass have had beef in the past, but we talked like adults about it way back and put it behind us. And yes, we became friends after that. Just because we’re friends that doesn’t mean I condone everything he does, just like he doesn’t condone everything I do. And he’ll tell you this himself that I’ve told him before that I don’t like when he makes things personal. But at the same time, people make it personal with him as well. Is he not allowed to defend himself?
It's all good man. I'm not interested in being in cahoots with someone trying to start up drama. Everything Bass just said has been 100% fabricated. John's a good dude and a good friend of mine. He'd never do any of the things mentioned. He just trolled the umk3 community by faking to be a girl. There's no proof that he asked or received any nudes from anyone lmao.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Okay yeah so I was playing UMK3 on fightcade one night a while back and this player was doing the craziest combos with Shang.. kinda seemed like normal crazy MK combo video stuff morphing mid combo but they did this bizarre fatality where their character turned all rainbow colored. I was sauced up so I don't remember it that well but I just assumed they were running mods or something.

Anyone ever see anything like that?
UMK3 has a ton of glitches, especially when it comes to fatalities. The rainbow colored thing is one of those glitches. You can even get the select screen to do it but I’m pretty sure it’s random when it happens. For instance it happened in tournament when I faced Marv at the famous NEC tournament.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's all good man. I'm not interested in being in cahoots with someone trying to start up drama. Everything Bass just said has been 100% fabricated. John's a good dude and a good friend of mine. He'd never do any of the things mentioned. He just trolled the umk3 community by faking to be a girl. There's no proof that he asked or received any nudes from anyone lmao.
I literally explained that I had no idea about any of the “drama” between you two and that just because I’m friends with someone that doesn’t mean I agree with everything they say or do. Or that I know about everything they’ve said or done. Which is kinda the opposite of being in “cahoots” with him.

As far as the things John did, I don’t know the full extent of it. I just remember Bass being the one who initially found out about it. And that John denied it for awhile until finally admitting to it. So… I do know that he DID pretend to be a teenage blonde girl named “Miss Spin” who loved UMK3. And you yourself ITT even admitted that he catfished at least Sawns (aka Sanspower). But John also has said that he had private conversations with a lot of UMK3 players who thought he was actually the girl he was pretending to be. So, regardless if he requested nude pics or flirted with them or whatever else, he at least talked to these people privately under the guise of being “Miss Spin”.

But anyway, no need to get into all of that. It’s just weird to accuse someone of being “in cahoots” with someone else when you’re literally saying you’re good friends with the guy who catfished the entire UMK3 community and claiming he did nothing wrong. That’s a little weird. But hey, we can all just drop it and move on. No need to keep talking about it.

I literally explained that I had no idea about any of the “drama” between you two and that just because I’m friends with someone that doesn’t mean I agree with everything they say or do. Or that I know about everything they’ve said or done. Which is kinda the opposite of being in “cahoots” with him.

As far as the things John did, I don’t know the full extent of it. I just remember Bass being the one who initially found out about it. And that John denied it for awhile until finally admitting to it. So… I do know that he DID pretend to be a teenage blonde girl named “Miss Spin” who loved UMK3. And you yourself ITT even admitted that he catfished at least Sawns (aka Sanspower). But John also has said that he had private conversations with a lot of UMK3 players who thought he was actually the girl he was pretending to be. So, regardless if he requested nude pics or flirted with them or whatever else, he at least talked to these people privately under the guise of being “Miss Spin”.

But anyway, no need to get into all of that. It’s just weird to accuse someone of being “in cahoots” with someone else when you’re literally saying you’re good friends with the guy who catfished the entire UMK3 community and claiming he did nothing wrong. That’s a little weird. But hey, we can all just drop it and move on. No need to keep talking about it.
I wasn't referring you to being in cahoots. I directed that towards Bass. I don't want to associate myself with him. He's crazy. As far as Miss spin shit, maybe it was a joke a little too far but still I know for a fact that he didn't solicit any type of sexual material so if sans power had any evidence why doesn't he have it? Most people thought it was funny that he was anonymous but bass is the only one out here defaming him and labeling him as a "criminal" that's just crazy to me. Bass is an Internet lurker and will try to find anything that he can use in his little arguments most of the time involving personal shit. I get it it's troll behavior but Everytime I come in contact with him he just has a weird vibe and I don't f with that. I don't mind you two being cool I just wasn't expecting to have him come in here flying off hinge at me and a friend. That to me is weird behavior man.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Lead Moderator
Yes because pretending to be someone you are not, is totally normal lol "haha you got trolled!!1!1 I'm a guy not a GIRL"...

...AFTER TEN YEARS?? Wild activities

MRIGOTBASS

Now to be clear, I’ve never tested this (mainly due to there being no training mode in UMK3), but from my experience, if timed and done correctly, you can consistently avoid being frozen by the clone. Key words being “if timed and done correctly”.

Executionally it’s fairly easy to do, at least on a controller. Some stick players say they believe it’s easier to perform on stick, but as someone who ChatGPT recognizes as one of the innovators of glitch jabs at a high level, doing them on stick, especially with the classic MK layout, seems ridiculously difficult to me.

The cool thing with Glitch Jabs is that they’re in all the classic MK games. OG MK1, MK2, MK3/UMK3, MKT, and MK4/MKG all have both Kara and Glitch Jabs.

Anyway, Glitch Jabs have always been one of the most controversial mechanics in UMK3 and possibly in competitive MK history. The majority of people hate them, and I don’t blame them. They look goofy, they’re insanely OP, very easy to do (to an extent), very difficult to deal with, and overall are just extremely annoying to both use and play against. That said, even though they’re as I said executionally easy to perform, really only a handful of players have been able to truly use them consistently AND defend against them at the highest level.

I made a thread discussing both Glitch Jabs and Kara Jabs over a decade ago. Essentially just explaining what they are, how to do them, my opinions on them, etc. For those who are interested, here’s the link: https://testyourmight.com/threads/umk3s-kara-and-glitch-jabs.14353/#post-289424

Oh, and here’s ChatGPT glazing me that I saw the other day, lmao

View attachment 21882

To be clear, I didn’t invent or find this mechanic. But I did help develop it as it says. Other players like Bass, RZP, Marv, Arion, Hanzo, REO, DC Hustle, Most of the SA players and more have all contributed into elevating the mechanic and incorporating it into high level play. For a time, Bass, Marv, DC Hustle, myself and REO were some of the only players in NA that were actively exploring it and trying to develop it. While so much of the community was wanting it banned, was quitting because of it, refused to learn how to do them or defend against them, etc etc. Which again, I completely understand and do not fault them for it. But at the same time, a lot of them didn’t even try to explore them like we did. ¯\(ツ)
Mr. Igotbass is a well-known figure in the competitive gaming community, particularly within the "Mortal Kombat" scene. He is recognized for his skill and contributions to the game, specifically "Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3" (UMK3). Mr. Igotbass is known for his expertise in the game, and his name often comes up in discussions about high-level play and competitive strategies. His reputation stems from his proficiency and achievements within the UMK3 community.

LOL the GPT knows me

I want to start a thread for discussion about how inconsistent the game can be. Especially at higher levels of gameplay. For an example; the total BS that is when a player cannot get ice cloned when they land on the clone by either holding down + back + block, or ironically and ridiculously glitch jabbing and spamming high punch until the clone disappears. Discuss what are things that you think shouldn't happen or be happening. Thank you.
re: landing on clone and blocking to avoid: There's specific code in the game that checks to see if the block bit is set (as in, you're pressing block) when you get in proximity to the ice clone's hitbox. If so, you don't get "hit".

This move was ridiculous and godlike in MK3, and got beyond nerfed (neutered) in UMK3. These include:
Fewer active frames
Higher cooldown time between clones
proximity limit (dud clone if too close)
"blockable"
hit limit of 0 - cannot be done when an opponent is taking damage or in any falling frames.

You know how sometimes if you do a 3 hit combo (Kabals pop up for an ex)? On some characters and sometimes randomly, he will miss the third hit and be punishable. He will just stand there waiting to be countered. Ironically the other day when I was playing Kabal vs human smoke competitively, he dropped the 3 hit combo on the second hit, froze there in animation only to be punished by human smoke and ultimately I lost the round because of it. This should not happen in the game. Some say it's because of how slow or fast you are inputting the combo. It is not, it will happen randomly and it's obvious when it does. It's just an example of really poor frame data. Like why else would the third combo not hit?
Doesn't have as much to do with the timing input as it does the pushback that occurs on block, as well as Kabal's lack of moving forward relative to combo progression. Happens a lot more on characters with smaller hitboxes, and male ninjas it seems like.

It is one of my favorite fighting games but it's not close to a balanced game at all. Too many inconsistencies to my liking.
It's a 90's fighting game from not Capcom. There's going to be quirks and features. It's one of your favorite fighters. You have to take it or leave it, as it is - or just pick your opponents? That seems to take the fun out of it though.

re: landing on clone and blocking to avoid: There's specific code in the game that checks to see if the block bit is set (as in, you're pressing block) when you get in proximity to the ice clone's hitbox. If so, you don't get "hit".

This move was ridiculous and godlike in MK3, and got beyond nerfed (neutered) in UMK3. These include:
Fewer active frames
Higher cooldown time between clones
proximity limit (dud clone if too close)
"blockable"
hit limit of 0 - cannot be done when an opponent is taking damage or in any falling frames.
The ability to have two options to "block" a clone is a little ridiculous. You literally land on it and it doesn't freeze you or you can glitch jab through it. Another broken thing glitch jabs can do.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
From here on out, no more off-topic personal nonsense. As interesting as it is to me, it’s getting FAR too personal and the UMK3 community is already tiny and crazy as it is. Even though I don’t play anymore, I still consider myself apart of it. So let’s chill and just talk about this lovely and stupid old ass amazing game

MRIGOTBASS

From here on out, no more off-topic personal nonsense. As interesting as it is to me, it’s getting FAR too personal and the UMK3 community is already tiny and crazy as it is. Even though I don’t play anymore, I still consider myself apart of it. So let’s chill and just talk about this lovely and stupid old ass amazing game
Fair enough, I want to thank you for never trying to have sex with any of the players tho, that means a lot to me LOL. NH

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The ability to have two options to "block" a clone is a little ridiculous. You literally land on it and it doesn't freeze you or you can glitch jab through it. Another broken thing glitch jabs can do.
I don’t think anyone denies that a lot of the stuff that you can (or can’t) do in UMK3 is “ridiculous”. But there’s honestly no point in complaining about it. Outside of user made mods, It’s not like the game is going to change. If you want to keep playing and want to improve, the only way to do that is to just accept the game for what it is, and to navigate through that framework.

As I’ve already said a few times ITT (and over the years), one of the biggest issues with UMK3 is the lack of a proper training mode. Everyone would be much better at the game if it had one, I have zero doubt in my mind about that. There’s a lot of intricacies with this game, and there’s a lot of wonky stuff as well. These things become even more apparent and important the higher level of play you go. That combined with the speed of the game and the fact that the frame data in general makes it to where you have to have very good reactions in order to punish a lot of things, it’s just another factor that makes high level competition so difficult.

Speaking of other things GJ’s can do, they also can make Sektor’s homing missiles whiff. I definitely don’t understand what’s happening there. You’d think you would just block the homers, but they end up not even doing chip damage. Does anyone know why that is? @tehdrewsus

But there’s honestly no point in complaining about it. ...
If you want to keep playing and want to improve, the only way to do that is to just accept the game for what it is, and to navigate through that framework.

Speaking of other things GJ’s can do, they also can make Sektor’s homing missiles whiff. I definitely don’t understand what’s happening there. You’d think you would just block the homers, but they end up not even doing chip damage. Does anyone know why that is? @tehdrewsus
re: top portion
100% spot on. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are at the game, constantly complaining about the mechanics gives off an air of scrubbiness - this game is TWENTY NINE years old. Some stuff just don't work the way we'd like it to. Is what it is.

re: GJ's and homing missiles - I'm not 100% sure on proximity and missiles exploding, and I could test this. But throwing jabs causes your hurtbox to constantly change, and I can demonstrate this in a video. Probably will end up doing this now, heh. But, it's very possible that last frame-ish hurtbox changes on detonation could definitely make a missile "whiff"

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
He's very cocky.. goes around acting like he is boss when I know multiple people that would destroy him. He told me I suck at fighting games. That's false I'm very good at the game. He just talks shit.
It’s funny. All this UMK3 talk had me nostalgic and looking up old match videos. I was watching my set with OUIJAWARRIOR and came across this video of him bodying you and you talking massive shit, rage quitting, even using the homophobic F slur. But, this was back in like 2012, so hopefully you’ve changed since then. But it seems you at least not only liked trash talk, you did it yourself! Anyway, Here it is for those interested

Sorry for going off-topic again, but this was just too funny of a coincidence to pass up!

It’s funny. All this UMK3 talk had me nostalgic and looking up old match videos. I was watching my set with OUIJAWARRIOR and came across this video of him bodying you and you talking massive shit, rage quitting, even using the homophobic F slur. But, this was back in like 2012, so hopefully you’ve changed since then. But it seems you at least not only liked trash talk, you did it yourself! Anyway, Here it is for those interested

Sorry for going off-topic again, but this was just too funny of a coincidence to pass up!
Bro literally to keep it within the game and then brings up old YouTube videos and trying to stir the pot. When I grew up we said the homophobic word that you claim doesn't mean I'm homophobic that's just how we talked.

re: top portion
100% spot on. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are at the game, constantly complaining about the mechanics gives off an air of scrubbiness - this game is TWENTY NINE years old. Some stuff just don't work the way we'd like it to. Is what it is.

re: GJ's and homing missiles - I'm not 100% sure on proximity and missiles exploding, and I could test this. But throwing jabs causes your hurtbox to constantly change, and I can demonstrate this in a video. Probably will end up doing this now, heh. But, it's very possible that last frame-ish hurtbox changes on detonation could definitely make a missile "whiff"
This "scrub" beat you pretty badly recently. Defending glitch jabs with your life and using an advantage over people who can't or don't use them is scrubiness. Also if you get beat by someone who doesn't use them and you do..then that's pretty scrubby lol

This "scrub" beat you pretty badly recently. Defending glitch jabs with your life and using an advantage over people who can't or don't use them is scrubiness. Also if you get beat by someone who doesn't use them and you do..then that's pretty scrubby lol
Wait, did I call you a scrub? No. Stop reading into things that aren't there.
Defending glitch jabs with my life? Dude, stop. It's a part of the game. If you can't or won't do them, that's on you.

If you beat me using a top tier character, that's pretty scrubby
If you beat me using online advantages/exploits, that's pretty scrubby
If you complain when you get beat using the above tactics, that's pretty scrubby.

I could do this all day.

Pretty sure I have a winning record vs you overall, but never once have I rubbed it in your face. Yeah, you got me pretty good last time, and one time you beat me 10-9 and that last thing you said was "pwned. Hold that L" like it was some crazy feat. But you've also said that people that use human smoke are pussies, meanwhile Kabal is your go to character when Unmasked Sub isn't cutting it.

MRIGOTBASS

Bro literally to keep it within the game and then brings up old YouTube videos and trying to stir the pot. When I grew up we said the homophobic word that you claim doesn't mean I'm homophobic that's just how we talked.
I actually was going to say the same thing, that word to people our age and certainly when this video was made is not homophobic. I have had discussion with Tom Brady and verified it on his stream UMK3 was not and never has been a LGBTQ game, Tom verified MK9 was the first LGBTQ MK, so anything before that is just banter of old heads.

I want to make it clear I do not hate Burlocq, never have never will, he is one of my favorite players of all time, I think the Locq era was one of the most fun times in UMK3, its just the dude gets totally bent out of shape and rages the community every few years for no reason. I have 0 ill will twords Locq and TBH I know its not his fault he snaps out, some people are just diffrent and I am ok with that. The Miss Spin shit is a criminal act any way you cut it, kidding around lasts a few days or a week or 2 and then you tell people Just Kidding, this shit went on for a decade and he did not come out and say oh guys I was just messing with you, I straight up exposed the fraud because I noticed things other people didnt, Identity theft is a crime and bragging about getting money set to you and microsoft points ect is being unjustly enriched from somone elses identity, its a crime. No more on this subject I just wanted to let that be known.

MRIGOTBASS

only thing consistent about umk3 is how spicy the threads get :REO
Yea man its people from a different era brother, Im not sure how old u are but my era was a lot different than now and people talked shit and were not mortally offended and went crying about DEI and being offended at the most little comment and all the crazy shit that is prevalent now. You have to have thick skin to play UMK3 its just the way it is.