What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Discussing the Viability of Blood God and Sun God

RYX

BIG PUSHER
his parry is probably one of the worst designed moves in the game, considering it barely fills its intended purpose

too many caveats to what it parries to make it worth using, they should just replace it with a strike counter similar to Kano or Liu Kang's

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Doesn't the parry boost damage temporarily?
for a very short time, yes

It doesn't function against anything that hits too quickly for your parry to recover from. I would much rather have a parry that works like other characters. Blood God could use another way to set up totems

Belial

Noob
I did a complete parry breakdown in my Blood God guide. check it out.
Parry damage boost is actually terrible it adds about 2% to combos and about 10% after 3 consequetive parries (thats 3 bar of meter!!)
If it actually allowed to do at least 10% extra damage per use of parry that would be worth at least looking at it. This is probably the worst move in the game right now.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
his parry is probably one of the worst designed moves in the game, considering it barely fills its intended purpose

too many caveats to what it parries to make it worth using, they should just replace it with a strike counter similar to Kano or Liu Kang's
I would love this.

Just make his Parry 1 to 2 frame start up without meter so you can multi parry each consecutive hit. Would be nice if they freeze framed each hit too similar to SF3. A balance would be to make the recovery even worst if it parries nothing so people don't spam it easily. He really needs a buff in this because unless you have War God or even Sun God armored choke, its not worth using defensively or as a get off me move. Also take away the armored properties, whats the point if the Parry is suppose to absorb the hit anyways. Really dumb design.