What's new

General/Other - Covert Ops Discuss covert ops

There's no threads on Converts ops. I've returned to mkx because covert ops looks fun to play but there's no threads on this variation. ANY tips and discussions on this variation is highly welcomed and open for discussion.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat

Honestly, this variation seems to be very matchup specific. I would say it has some execution due to having to safely canceling your MS.

If you want to see how this variation is played look up KH Scar and watch his videos when he uses this variation.

That's such a shame, I really like the military stance option, reminds me of my girl HarLey Quinns tantrum stance in injustice.

Edit. AND even though this variation may suck it still should have a thread where people can discuss it, the other characters do and alot of variations suck in this game. Doesn't mean we should neglect it. For example look at Tanya pre death, there were a bunch of threads on pyro and dragon and that was considered absolutely bad compared to kobu, yet it was heavily discussed.

Last edited:

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Also look up matches of Coosco, Showtime and Spradling, they are part of the Texas Sonya brigade.

In regard to Demo vs Covert, I think it'should pretry well established that Demo is overall the better variation. However, when playing against the matchups where Sonya can struggle vs zoning, Covert may be the better choice.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Also look up matches of Coosco, Showtime and Spradling, they are part of the Texas Sonya brigade.

In regard to Demo vs Covert, I think it'should pretry well established that Demo is overall the better variation. However, when playing against the matchups where Sonya can struggle vs zoning, Covert may be the better choice.
I think it's the opposite. CO Sonya is shit against zoning and shouldn't be used in these MUs.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I base my opinion on Covert being better vs zoners on the fact that you will always have access to Military Stance, no matter the situation. With Demo, you usually try to use the grenades to get in, and upon doing so you end up having less ways of converting off a successful hit. Plus, Demo's need to reload can destroy her momentum, making it easier for zoners escape.

At the same time, it isn't like Covert has better tools for getting in, so you could argue that simply saving the grenades would make Demo better.

That's such a shame, I really like the military stance option, reminds me of my girl HarLey Quinns tantrum stance in injustice.

Edit. AND even though this variation may suck it still should have a thread where people can discuss it, the other characters do and alot of variations suck in this game. Doesn't mean we should neglect it. For example look at Tanya pre death, there were a bunch of threads on pyro and dragon and that was considered absolutely bad compared to kobu, yet it was heavily discussed.
It doesn't suck at all.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I base my opinion on Covert being better vs zoners on the fact that you will always have access to Military Stance, no matter the situation. With Demo, you usually try to use the grenades to get in, and upon doing so you end up having less ways of converting off a successful hit. Plus, Demo's need to reload can destroy her momentum, making it easier for zoners escape.

At the same time, it isn't like Covert has better tools for getting in, so you could argue that simply saving the grenades would make Demo better.
Before you throw grenades make you have one bar for ex-ring toss that way if you waste of all them for zoning you can safely get grenades back

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
An overhead combo starter that's +20? That would be ridiculous......

Special Forces with a low starter thats +34 that's fine. :DOGE
Frankly, what she REALLY needs is an unblockable, unbreakable, undroppable meterless 100% reset, but even then she would be mid tier at best. :DOGE:16Bit