What's new

Dimitri Vegas Sub-Zero Gameplay - Mortal Kombat 11- Give Ronda a raise. YIKES

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
This would make more sense if the bad voice actors were good looking. Like an NRS employee pulled their weight to sleep with a B-list celeb? But Rhonda and this dude... woof

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
This would make more sense if the bad voice actors were good looking. Like an NRS employee pulled their weight to sleep with a B-list celeb? But Rhonda and this dude... woof
Literally 0 reason to be attacking those two for their looks when that's completely irrelevant to the topic of their voice acting.

In conclusion: fuck right off with that shallow bullshit.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Literally 0 reason to be attacking those two for their looks when that's completely irrelevant to the topic of their voice acting.

In conclusion: fuck right off with that shallow bullshit.
If they’re socially/ economically superior, it’s parody. It’s only when they’re worse off that it’s bullying. So, y’know take a joke.

The topic was motive as to how these people got the VA gig. It’s conjecture, it’s relevant enough for a public forum (covering a game focused on realistic depictions of people being brutally beaten to death).

In conclusion; phuck you. Grow some thiccer skin. White Knight money match me. And good day.

The rhonda one is bad, but at least we don't have months of gameplay with a professional voice actor to compare it to. Yeah i remember older sonja, but it's not nearly as jarring as going from subs well acted and VERY distinct voice to......this?

This reeks of some marketing guy trying to justify his bonus.

Holy shit I only just learned about this skin recently cause of a YouTube video. MK 11 Joker doesn't look so out of place anymore. O_O

I can't believe they wasted money on this, sounds like he is speaking through a cheap ass microphone too.

Ronda is S tier compared to this.
Ronda may just be reading the lines without effort and sounds bored but she at least sounds like a bored fighter.

I don't wanna shit on Mr. Vegas, his remix of the MK movie theme in the last story trailer was amazing, but he clearly has a talent in music and probably should stick with that. It's rare to be talented in multiple things, most aren't in even one. He should stick to his music talent.

Also I feel like this is WB again forcing NRS to do this. I was fine with Arnold possibly not voicing the T-800, but after hearing this...if it turns out to be true I'm gonna be legit upset he wasn't brought in but Mr. Vegas voice was allowed in.

Like I know it's a free skin so don't expect much but even by free stuff standards this is just piss poor. Like just keep Sub-Zero's normal voice over this skin.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Some people apparently took it too far so a few people stepped up with a message to the community.

Not to be mean, but no one knows who this guy is, no one cares who this guy is and, most importantly, no one likes who this guy is. I think they would've had way more praise if Hsu Hao voiced Sub-Zero than Vegas. I now know that Dmitri remixed the MK theme, but I found out about only weeks after he was revealed, and the remix is pretty bad too. Imo it's NRS marketing team's fault, again, for not advertising him enough. If they said in the reveal of this skin that Vegas was the one who contributed to the remix of the original MK, personally I'd surely be more tolerant. The skin looks pretty dope though. I'd use it if I mained SZ.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
People are hateful turds. The skin is kinda cool, and I don’t mind the bad VA, its clearly just for fun, and I can just not pick the skin if I don’t like it...

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Hate is bad, but worse is a badly marketed, badly acted Mortal Kombat skin of a guy whom no MK fan knew nothing about.
I disagree.
Bad marketing sucks, that we can agree on, but in no way does it excuse people going directly to Dimitri's twitter and excessively harass him because of some free skin in a game. Dimitri has nothing to do with how the marketing was handled, other than him promoting the game on his tour and playing the song he and Like Mike remixed for the game.

You sound very disconnected by saying bad marketing is worse than personal attacks against another human being, as if his life is worth less than your experience of some entertainment media. Please...