What's new

Dimitri Vegas Record Label is Striking Down YT Channels and Videos!

Wigy

There it is...
I'm confused how everyone is apparently a voice acting expert lol.

Also folks expecting someone with no voice acting experience to be good? Blame WB and NRS for getting token actors also I highly doubt he's sat on YouTube copystriking shit, it will be his label and team.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I was one of the people from the jump defending Ronda, and I stand by that to this day. I truly don't think she does a bad job as Sonya. Hell, half the time I forget it's even her so there's no point in caring. I've been playing as her a lot more since her Klassic skin came out, and she's not as bad as people made her out to be.

At first, I even tried to defend Dimitri's voice acting.

But

This is just so bad. When I first got the skin, I was kinda hype, because I thought it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it was. I did one match and IMMEDIATELY took it off. Which is a damn shame because the costume itself is sick af. I loved Raiden's Tron skin in MKX and this one is just as dope, but unfortunately, it's stuck with this dude's face and voice.

Say what you want about Ronda, but I don't want to see anyone say she's the worst voice acting in this game at this point.

Last edited:
I truly don't think she does a bad job as Sonya.
I completely agree. Don't understand the Noob's voice hate either. I think he sounds pretty cool.

Dimitri on the other hand.... Maybe he was going for the cheesiness, because if I were a NRS sound designer I would laugh my ass off while recording it.

trufenix

bye felicia
@trufenix
is dimitri Vegas front page material tho? What makes his labels’ claims any more substantial than the people who got their accounts deleted for false flags? They don’t own the rights to that sub zero skin and YT doesnt question the claim at all but it’s “unclear why you countered”? It doesn’t make any sense to me.
Dmitri Vegas has a label, a label whose advertisements you see every other video. That's all that matters.

Was it really fixed for them though? I remember max talking about how he had a whole slew of his shit deleted and demonetized. I understand why they can’t just up and leave but man that shit sucks.
Honestly it wasn't, i mean he got some back, but he's got a huge library of videos they will not let him remonetize. He says he loses stuff every year. but the alternative is to spend as much energy fighting it as you do creating content.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Probably a little OT, as big as the guest character thing has become, I've really been starting to wonder what it eventually ends up meaning when disputes happen.

This thing just now came out, and copyrights are being tossed around as a reason for shutting down what basically should have been expected activity for it even existing.

"What do you mean I'm on Youtube?"
"This surprises you?"

For us older gamers, we still have old consoles with carts and discs. That stuff exists as long as you can put those two things together, but this is now an always connected world, and there are legit cases out there where people don't even know who owns stuff after 10-20 years. Stuff gets sold and the new IP owners are totally uncool with something someone has been doing. Music licences have expired for embedded music and forced games to be brought down for sale.

Do we actually know anything about how solid these deals are over time, and given that games are always connected and updateable, how do you really know you won't just wake up one day with an MKX update that just deleted Predator or Jason? Who own's Arnold's likeness when he dies, and will they like it being in MK11?

- End loosely related thoughts

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
ugh....do people actually know who dimitri vegas is? didn't all he do is remix the OG song from the movie and WB video edit it? and it seemed clear original multi-track masters were not used to make it. These days Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan are DJs. Taylor Swift probably sells more vinyl albums than all of them. sorry this happened vslayer. if it makes you feel any better i don't watch any MK vids on youtube anymore unless they are an official source, if that. a lot of clutter and unoriginal content. in the end it is his loss as a musician cuz if anything you were promoting him. even bad promotion is still promotion. you still may have made aware that he was in the game whether you gave an opinion or not. but i didn't see your video so i'm just making a presumption.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
You were asking, I cleared it up for you and others who might've not known.
okay. i understand now. sorry if i sounded mean to you. taste is subject. I just want everyone to be happy and forget that can't always happen. my intent was not ill will towards youtubers or people here. taste is subjective. we just all have to keep in mind we have common interest and need to be supportive no matter what. at least that is what I think. plus i'm moody. I have to stop. sorry.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
He's a DJ who made the launch trailer remix AND promoted MK11 on his tour before the game's launch.
See, now this is the problem. You are the first person that I know that knows that he did the launch trailer remix. For this, he definitely deserves a skin, for goddam how long fans of the franchise waited for he movie theme to be assosiated with the game. But I didn't know about it, and obviously a lot of other people here didn't know about it, so this means bad marketing from NRS/WB part, again, which lead to the backlash Dmitri got for being a noboody for the game. That's a shame. He's got my respect now, if he cares anymore to forgive me :) This doesn't excuse the poor voice acting though. But as he's not a professional VA he should take it with irony and laugh about. Who knows, maybe he dreamt of being Sub-Zero since he was a child and was his favourite MK character from his favourite video game.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Couldn't y'all just make troll yt accounts and spam them with the stuff they take down. Multiple uploads of the sausage offer line would be piss funny.