What's new

Dimitri Vegas Record Label is Striking Down YT Channels and Videos!

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I feel slightly sorry for Dimitry. Sub-Zero's credibility aside, he hasn't murdered anyone. He did a voiceover that's not very good. Is that really worth posting videos like 'Who's worse? Sub-Zero or Sonya?' Conversely, he needs to just shrug his shoulders and try to ignore the bitchy horrible fans who post YouTube videos from their bedrooms.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I feel slightly sorry for Dimitry. Sub-Zero's credibility aside, he hasn't murdered anyone. He did a voiceover that's not very good. Is that really worth posting videos like 'Who's worse? Sub-Zero or Sonya?' Conversely, he needs to just shrug his shoulders and try to ignore the bitchy horrible fans who post YouTube videos from their bedrooms.
Sure, but no one felt bad for Ronda. Let's be real, why are people defending him?

And I'm not talking about people who are going out of their way to be jerks or contacting him personally, they're targeting videos that are this skin and isn't just gameplay. Even this joke video where I didn't even talk in. When has criticism become a bad thing? That's the big-picture issue here.

Lord Snotty

Sure, but no one felt bad for Ronda. Let's be real, why are people defending him?

And I'm not talking about people who are going out of their way to be jerks or contacting him personally, they're targeting videos that are this skin and isn't just gameplay. Even this joke video where I didn't even talk in. When has criticism become a bad thing? That's the big-picture issue here.
I agree with you. I actually supported Ronda's portrayal of Sonya. A few dodgy lines aside, I thought she did fine. We must be realistic. Ronda and Dimitry are not particularly talented actors. You are not going to get a Troy Baker level performance from them. I'm okay with that. What I think Ronda has on her side is that she makes Sonya sound like a tough-as-fuck fighter. Though that probably didn't require much in the way of acting, it works for me. It isn't as though NRS have filled the game with terrible voice acting. For the most part, they're good. I just think the gleeful reaction from some fans is massively over the top. Dimitry's reaction is over the top too. He should just embrace his notoriety and leave the videos - with the exception of the really mean, personal ones; they deserve to be deleted.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ya'll out here roasting these dudes

Most of... if not the entire writing is so bad that even the good voice actors sound horrible. "ABILITY..... TO FREEZE". We do not live in horrible 80's running man cheese world anymore.

Every SK line makes me rethink what a REAL conqueror would say. His only decent lines are when speaking to D'vorah. Everything else is so horribly cheesy and bad. I don't think Geras has a single line that doesn't include the word "Kronika" in it.

I think the writing standards need to be leveled up, then the voice acting can really shine.

Just like.... my opinion man.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
There is nothing wrong with laughing at his awful voice work lol. It wasn’t meant to be taken seriously to begin with. You can’t get mad when you are a joke skin and people are laughing. Harassing him personally is over the top sure but deleting videos is only going to make those kinds of trolls come at him even harder.

Lord Snotty

Ya'll out here roasting these dudes

Most of... if not the entire writing is so bad that even the good voice actors sound horrible. "ABILITY..... TO FREEZE". We do not live in horrible 80's running man cheese world anymore.

Every SK line makes me rethink what a REAL conqueror would say. His only decent lines are when speaking to D'vorah. Everything else is so horribly cheesy and bad. I don't think Geras has a single line that doesn't include the word "Kronika" in it.

I think the writing standards need to be leveled up, then the voice acting can really shine.

Just like.... my opinion man.
The storytelling has been particularly weak in MK11.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
All it really says about the guy is that the people roasting him hurt his feelings so badly that he took legal action. Kind of extreme, really.

I mean, what were they thinking even putting that in the game? If it was meant to be a parody, then that would be different... but Jesus it's bad. Lol

So obliviously you know that others have been given copyright strikes.
We had a video on a new Sub zero brutality with like 2 seconds of part of his voice lines. Got the video removed and our first copyright strike. Honestly was pretty pissed because I was seeing others post video all about his vice lines and shit. Over it now but like glad to see others didn't take it lightly either.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
We had a video on a new Sub zero brutality with like 2 seconds of part of his voice lines. Got the video removed and our first copyright strike. Honestly was pretty pissed because I was seeing others post video all about his vice lines and shit. Over it now but like glad to see others didn't take it lightly either.
A copyright strike? For fucks sake, Youtube...

I felt bad for Ronda. People can be a bitch. But she obviously doesn't care or don't read, so meh.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I loved it when people said the same thing about Ronda when she was criticized, oh wait, people were too busy ripping her a new one to defend her, lul.

Who cares if it's him personally or not, it's his record label. They labelled me as guilty before proven innocent on my video, I'll do the same to them, it's only fair.

Frankly, they can suck my ass.
Rousey has had her moments where she's shown that she can't take criticism well (even though she's shown that her biggest critic is herself, and that could be why she can be thin-skinned at times).

“What is really gained by stating opinion on anything? It whittles people down. It gets cut and pasted 10 times and it’s in (a) headline. [Celebrities] keep more and more of it to themselves. Why should I talk? I believe hearing me speak is a privilege, and it’s a privilege that’s been abused, so why not revoke it from everyone? I don’t believe public criticism beating you down is the right thing to do.”
But not nearly to this degree.

My custom Sonya has the name "StateOfYourVoice" as a joking way of criticizing her voice. If I had the space to do so, I'd be switching that to "BetterThanDimitri"

trufenix

bye felicia
I loved it when people said the same thing about Ronda when she was criticized, oh wait, people were too busy ripping her a new one to defend her, lul.

Who cares if it's him personally or not, it's his record label. They labelled me as guilty before proven innocent on my video, I'll do the same to them, it's only fair.

Frankly, they can suck my ass.
Nobody's videos got taken down or demonetized for Ronda's sake, so its not even a comparison. It's not even the same discussion. And people did defend Ronda, a lot. I know, I was one of them. They still are, in fact. Go google it.

But hey, its your witch hunt. Apparently two wrongs do make a right if you just ignore everything that gets fucked along the way.

trufenix

bye felicia
He has, follow his instragram and his twitter. He hasn't gone after anyone or anything over this, just expressed his appreciation for the opportunity from NRS and WB. He has been remarkably respectful (or ignored) every single person who has @'d him something shitty about this.

But hey, he's a dude and Ronda got it worse so fuck him.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yep, and did you talk about it in your video? Like, did you say anything? Cause if not, that's so freaking weird dude. They have no right to do that.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I made Sub grind through towers of time last night just to hear this skin lmao, its so damn funny. I was defending this guy about a week ago saying "Hey if I got offered to voice an MK character, I would too" but this whole claiming videos shit is just not ok at all.
Between this and Ronda, I can't wait for October so Arnold can show them what a REAL celebrity voice actor does :cool: