What's new

Dimitri Vegas Record Label is Striking Down YT Channels and Videos!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I made Sub grind through towers of time last night just to hear this skin lmao, its so damn funny. I was defending this guy about a week ago saying "Hey if I got offered to voice an MK character, I would too" but this whole claiming videos shit is just not ok at all.
Between this and Ronda, I can't wait for October so Arnold can show them what a REAL celebrity voice actor does :cool:
I can't wait! He's gonna sounds so darn good.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Damn I hadn't actually heard the voice before, i just assumed it was his likeness as a skin and not a full voice over itself.

It's lame that his record label is striking these videos down, but no such thing as bad press i guess, they're bringing a lot of attention to this dude I didn't even know existed last month.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I would just like to point out that the record label is going after these because his likeness is in it. From what I understand the artist has no control over what does and does not get copyrighted. That said he definitely deserves all the ripping he gets because his voice acting is fucking god awful. At least Ronda had some good lines and most of her battle dialogue is solid.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I would just like to point out that the record label is going after these because his likeness is in it. From what I understand the artist has no control over what does and does not get copyrighted. That said he definitely deserves all the ripping he gets because his voice acting is fucking god awful. At least Ronda had some good lines and most of her battle dialogue is solid.
This. I don't exactly like Ronda, but her in match dialogue is pretty solid and some of her intros sound fine, especially compared to this. And at least she can take criticism (or her team can at the very least, compared to Dimitris).

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
This. I don't exactly like Ronda, but her in match dialogue is pretty solid and some of her intros sound fine, especially compared to this. And at least she can take criticism (or her team can at the very least, compared to Dimitris).
Like I said, they could care less about whether or not it is positive or negative feedback. They want any ad revenue that is associated with Dimitri Vegas name, that’s how these stupid companies work unfortunately. It’s why things get copyrighted and demonetized all the time by companies on YouTube for like a 2 second clip of a song in the background of another person’s mic.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Like I said, they could care less about whether or not it is positive or negative feedback. They want any ad revenue that is associated with Dimitri Vegas name, that’s how these stupid companies work unfortunately. It’s why things get copyrighted and demonetized all the time by companies on YouTube for like a 2 second clip of a song in the background of another person’s mic.
It's brutal and I wish Youtube would stand up for their creators but I firmly think that will never happen at this rate. This shit on top of automatically demonetizing a video with a fatality or fatal blow makes it impossible for the community to grow there.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
It's brutal and I wish Youtube would stand up for their creators but I firmly think that will never happen at this rate. This shit on top of automatically demonetizing a video with a fatality or fatal blow makes it impossible for the community to grow there.
yep, god, how I hate censorship ! it limits creativity , all the time .... youtube is annoying, how pleasurely would love to see a great competitor/rival internet media company coming up and fuck Youtube up in the ass, hehe .... kinda, stealing all account members from them, hehe :joker:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

Guess I'm not winning this one boiz, oh well, on to streaming I go.

trufenix

bye felicia
They have put far more effort into automating their policies and hiding behind them while we fight each other for scraps since the first content creator execution two years ago, and they're still making money for nothing every time they shoot somebody's videos down.

Honestly, vote with your wallet. Tell your creators to move / mirror their channels to vimeo or dm or twitch, and don't watch things like music videos and twitch re-ups on youtube just cause its more convenient.

It sucks that people are going to lose their hobbies and their livelihoods over this, but seriously, if you're using youtube and you DON'T like this advertiser only friendly platform they're building, its time to pull a Ninja and bounce.

trufenix

bye felicia
yep, god, how I hate censorship ! it limits creativity , all the time .... youtube is annoying, how pleasurely would love to see a great competitor/rival internet media company coming up and fuck Youtube up in the ass, hehe .... kinda, stealing all account members from them, hehe :joker:
They exist. People just have to use them. Daily Motion, Vimeo, Twitch, Metacafe you name it. Google it, ironically, tons of people are looking into it cause YT as a service is getting worse by the hour.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I highly doubt Dimitri Vegas himself told people to take down videos criticizing him, it's most likely just his label taking things down on their own. This still sucks, though.

Guess I'm not winning this one boiz, oh well, on to streaming I go.
Probably worth it. Over the past few years there has been so many problems with FGC-related content on YouTube, especially MK videos because of blood and whatnot. Can be pretty hard to not get demonetized. Then of course the copyright BS which seems to be effecting any type of gaming content. I heard that not long ago Gearbox (I think) went after a YouTube channel that was just talking about -- not revealing -- leaks for Borderlands 3 and they basically ruined his channel. A lot of Tekken channels were recently hit with copyright strikes over the music that was playing in the background (Tekken 7 OST) but Bandai Namco weren't even behind the strikes. Labels that don't even own the music in videos can still strike channels it seems, and that's crazy.

I could keep going on. I've heard YouTubers say that unless you had an audience before things got bad, it'll be VERY hard to get an audience now. You have a better chance gaining an audience and making money through different platforms like Twitch.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I highly doubt Dimitri Vegas himself told people to take down videos criticizing him, it's most likely just his label taking things down on their own. This still sucks, though.

Probably worth it. Over the past few years there has been so many problems with FGC-related content on YouTube, especially MK videos because of blood and whatnot. Can be pretty hard to not get demonetized. Then of course the copyright BS which seems to be effecting any type of gaming content. I heard that not long ago Gearbox (I think) went after a YouTube channel that was just talking about -- not revealing -- leaks for Borderlands 3 and they basically ruined his channel. A lot of Tekken channels were recently hit with copyright strikes over the music that was playing in the background (Tekken 7 OST) but Bandai Namco weren't even behind the strikes. Labels that don't even own the music in videos can still strike channels it seems, and that's crazy.

I could keep going on. I've heard YouTubers say that unless you had an audience before things got bad, it'll be VERY hard to get an audience now. You have a better chance gaining an audience and making money through different platforms like Twitch.
yeah, and with the demonetization going on it's hard to grow since YT doesn't recommend it once it's demonetized. And it sucks cause I love making videos and giving my thoughts in video form, but whatever. I guess I can do that without using gameplay.

You're right, streaming is the best way to go I think.

trufenix

bye felicia
So people that don’t even own the rights can file copyright claims? LOL
That's the bitch. You don't own shit when you upload it, Youtube does, its like the first section of the EULA. So all they have to do is decide your video (rather, THEIR video) is in violation of something someone else uploaded previously and boom you are. Doesn't matter who, doesn't matter how. It's entirely up to them.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
That's the bitch. You don't own shit when you upload it, Youtube does, its like the first section of the EULA. So all they have to do is decide your video (rather, THEIR video) is in violation of something someone else uploaded previously and boom you are. Doesn't matter who, doesn't matter how. It's entirely up to them.
That’s crazy. What a trashy ass platform lol. I don’t know how the people who make a living on YouTube put up with that shit.

trufenix

bye felicia
That’s crazy. What a trashy ass platform lol. I don’t know how the people who make a living on YouTube put up with that shit.
That's the thing, youtube has stopped caring. They make their money on the big fishes, on red, on youtube music, on ads from movies and musicians and tv shows that they use as an excuse to erase the indies, on using your collected marketing data cross promoting googles MANY other products to other people just like you. The people who AREN'T affected by this never even notice. Every single one of us in this thread could abandon youtube tonight, it would be a drop in the bucket to them. None of us are front page material.

If Slayer mattered to them, she wouldn't be staring down that bitchy email that someone else's problems are bigger than hers. She'd be posting a video about how annoying the process was to get it fixed, but it would at some point be fixed. Like it happend to Max and Art and Angry Joe and UltraChen and all the other big FGC youtubers, but since she makes peanuts? No justice.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
@trufenix
is dimitri Vegas front page material tho? What makes his labels’ claims any more substantial than the people who got their accounts deleted for false flags? They don’t own the rights to that sub zero skin and YT doesnt question the claim at all but it’s “unclear why you countered”? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Was it really fixed for them though? I remember max talking about how he had a whole slew of his shit deleted and demonetized. I understand why they can’t just up and leave but man that shit sucks.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
That’s the cold hard truth. And demonetization hasn’t been resolved and it probably won’t either. This was YT basically telling me I don’t matter so fuck them. I’ll re upload the video without Dimitri in the tags and see what happens xD maybe change the tone of his voice too lmao