What's new

Diablo III

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Is there any way to have better control than to just point and click?
I can't stand it when I'm fighting 30 enemies and my dickhead character is trying to pick up items because mouseclick = attack, movement, pickup item, etc
You can hold down the left mouse key to attack in a combat situation, and the game will automatically attack the nearest thing. If you hold your mouse over treasure it wont pick up the treasure. Once there's only 1 or 2 bad guys left though you need to start clicking again because i find that the auto-attack deactivates and you just walk around in circles.

Reactions: ZAQ

Tolkeen

/wrists
Is there any way to have better control than to just point and click?
I can't stand it when I'm fighting 30 enemies and my dickhead character is trying to pick up items because mouseclick = attack, movement, pickup item, etc
You can also hold down the shift key, and you'll attack in whatever direction you click. This is especially good if you are a ranged character and don't want to run into the middle of the fight.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah, WADS and binds really should've been introduced for D3. The clicking is extremely aged at this point. I realize that it should've changed Diablo, but I think everyone would've appreciated that.

Playing D3 and enjoying it. I have 3 different classes started already. Once I beat the game on Inferno then it is off to beat the game on Hardcore mode.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I agree, they could have at least allowed players to use a different config. I'm sure it would have made the players that use it OP and the rest would have to convert and they didn't want that.
I've always hated the damn clicking, man. Always. Great games but ugh...repetitive much? I raided quite a bit in WoW and played the shit out of that. Sure, I had my left hand on WADS constantly, and when I played my Rogue I constantly mashed 7 8 9 and a few other binds to apply poisons and potions but it really wasn't that annoying in retrospect.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Going to be getting this game soon. I actually already have it i'm just waiting on my graphics card.

I will most likely be using the Demon Hunter (Male). If not then perhaps witch doctor. I'm really looking forward to playing i loved D2 and this looks absolutely incredible.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
from what i hear the replay value lacks that of d2

d2 lasted for 12 years

d3 seems ehh idk, dated?
Yea I heard Diablo 3 replay is only 6 years since you can't adjust your stats, pfff what a waste....

Getting a radiant star gem should take a while...

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Explain more
The best gem that can drop is a perfect, you will need roughly 20,000 perfect gems to make a radiant star gem or so I've heard. Maybe better drops in inferno?

Good thing though is that they made gems interchangeable.

I love this game and I love that my girl is good at it because the only game she can play is cooking mama. The games mechanics of how things function are just so much better. I love how you can constantly change your skills, it definitely makes the game much more enjoyable. Yes there are the extreme people that LOVE to be punished hard for mistakes and make a new character if they chose the wrong skill or put points in the wrong spot.

Why would anyone complain about having the option of having all the skills available and having fun trying things out?

This game is flat out fun and if it only lasted me a week it would have been worth the $60. Every class is very fun to play and you have multiple difficulties to play that will give you better drops and if you seriously want to play forever and be punished play it on hardcore where if you die your guy is dead forever.

I've played almost all of act 1 with every class and let's just say I have no problem replaying act 1 15 more times if not more.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Holy shit. Im just got onto Act 2 and so far im loving this. They even...wait no im going to put a spoiler around this. It might spoil a future part of the game so be warned

They even brought back the Butcher from the original Diablo! He was a pretty epic boss and he looked really awesome. But the best part is that they did something that I've never seen a game do. Remember the Butcher room? Its always in the center of a dungeon cell, with dark walls and tons of gore? Like this?

Well they have the EXACT same room in the EXACT same positioning about 3 minutes prior to the big fight. The minute i saw it i knew the Butcher was back, and i was stoked. Really loving this game, its a perfect mix of Diablo 1 and Diablo 2.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Holy shit. Im just got onto Act 2 and so far im loving this. They even...wait no im going to put a spoiler around this. It might spoil a future part of the game so be warned

They even brought back the Butcher from the original Diablo! He was a pretty epic boss and he looked really awesome. But the best part is that they did something that I've never seen a game do. Remember the Butcher room? Its always in the center of a dungeon cell, with dark walls and tons of gore? Like this?

Well they have the EXACT same room in the EXACT same positioning about 3 minutes prior to the big fight. The minute i saw it i knew the Butcher was back, and i was stoked. Really loving this game, its a perfect mix of Diablo 1 and Diablo 2.
I never played diablo 1, but there are even easter egg items that can be found at random in certain areas. If you collect them all you unlock the unicorn level. One of the items is a black mushroom which I read pays tribute to diablo 1.

AK Walker

Han shot first
I'm not clicking on the spoiler, but now I can't wait until I get to ACT 2. I just beat the skeleton king and now I have to fight the goat men. How much more until I'm done with act 1 guys?

On a different note, seems that the servers are getting better each day. Today I didn't get kicked off once and had just a little lag here and there.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I'm not clicking on the spoiler, but now I can't wait until I get to ACT 2. I just beat the skeleton king and now I have to fight the goat men. How much more until I'm done with act 1 guys?

On a different note, seems that the servers are getting better each day. Today I didn't get kicked off once and had just a little lag here and there.
Lag is definately gone from my end.

You're about 1/3 or 1/4 of the way done Act 1. Its a loooong game.

Tolkeen

/wrists
I've always hated the damn clicking, man. Always. Great games but ugh...repetitive much? I raided quite a bit in WoW and played the shit out of that. Sure, I had my left hand on WADS constantly, and when I played my Rogue I constantly mashed 7 8 9 and a few other binds to apply poisons and potions but it really wasn't that annoying in retrospect.
I raided in vanilla with my rogue.
111112111113111114111112111113111114 etc
I miss those days.

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Okay im going to show off my super class

SunnyD: Level 39 Barbarian

Strength: 867
Dexterity: 133
Intelligence: 183
Vitality:198
Armor: 2483
DPS: 1132.15

Equipment:
Magic Helm: Dauntless Helmet of the Bear (+30 Str, +48 Vit, 79 Armor)
Magic Amulet: Iron Amulet of Agony (+5-10 Dmg, 2.5% Crit Chance)
Rare Breastplate: Fissure Barrier (+45 Str, +46 Int, +34 Vit, +4 Yard Treasure Pickup, Socketed Perfect Ruby, 89 Armor)
Magic Wristguards: Cruel Wristwraps of Invasion (73 Stre, 34 Dex, 64 Armor)
Rare Gloves: Scavenger's Grips(+42 Str, +11 Int, +31 Vit, +11% Attack Spd, +13% Crit Chance, +5 yard Treasure Pickup, +5 Thorns, 81 Armor)
Magic Belt: Dueling Chain Belt of Invasion (+94 Str, +13 Int, 59 Armor)
Magic Pants: Cruel Plate Leggings of Invasion (+59 Str, +13 Dex, 97 Armor)
Magic Ring: Raiding Ring of Agony (+5-10 Dmg, +11% Attack Spd)
Rare Ring: Fate Apocalypse (+5-10 Dmg, +22 Str, +12% Gold Find, Control Effects reduced 5%)
Magic Boots: Dueling Greaves of Invasion (+68 Str, +27 Int, 77 Armor)
Magic Shield: Reptilian Pelta of Invasion (+69 Str, 4 Life regen, 20% chance to Block. 276 Armor)
Rare Axe: Forsaken Relic (62.4 DPS, +2-5 Fire Dmg, +158 Str, +40 Int, +32 to Life per Hit, Socketed Radiant Amythest)

Abilities:
Frenzy: 110% weapon dmg, attack spd increases per attack up to +75%. Rune: Health regen after kills. +3 Fury
Leap: You leap and do 85% weapon dmg as AOE. Reduce affected enemy spd by 60%. Rune: +300% Armor for 4 sec. +15 Fury
Whirlwind: Spin in AOE dmg = 110% weapon dmg. Rune: extra tornadoes that do 40% weapon dmg. 16 Fury Cost
Seismic Slam: COA attack that does 155% weapon dmg. Rune: 70% chance to stun for 1.5 sec. 30 Fury Cost
Revenge: AOE attack = 220% dmg. plus heals +5% life for every enemy hit. Only activated 15% when hit. Rune: 8% life heal
Ignore Pain: Reduces dmg taken by 65% for 5 sec. 30 sec cooldown. Rune: 20% dmg dealt regained as life.

I wish i could get a screenshot of my character but i always get a picture of my desktop and not the actual game. Odd...

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
If anyone wants to add me my Bnet is "SwiftTomHank" ran out of room for the "s".

Mainly playing a wizard. Named him Sektor since he also shoots missiles, despite them being magic missiles and they don't come from his body.

Named my alt Monk Rain since he round houses the shit out of everyone.