What's new

Devastation Predictions + Superlatives Thread

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Devastation looks to be huge and a well oil-ed machine. I'm loving this tournament's layout and couldnt be more depressed I have a major conference that weekend prohibiting me from attending. So the best I can do is watch the streams all day and help build its Hype. Feel free to post your predictions and superlatives in this thread to help build hype, tension and overall great tournament experience.

Morty, sao or dr dogg: Can we please get an updated list of attendees looking to attend Dev before i fill in my preictions?

top 6 predictions (IN NO ORDER)
1. 16 bit
2. Morty
3. Detroit
4. B Wizz
5. REO
6. Tom Brady (post Or pre patch)

Charcters I see winning Devastation:
1. Sonya (I predict she will win a major or two before end of the year)
2. Sub Zero (If post patch, not a chance pre patch)
3. Kabal
4. Kitana

Best Use of under rated character:
1. Sektor (people still don't fear him and should)
2. Quan chi

Pushup Contest Winner:
1. No one

Upset central:
1. Mr mileena (seriously most know nothing about him and e will eliminate 1-2 top players and might place top 5)

Most saltiest:
1. Shujinkydink
2. Dr dogg (when is he not salty) ???

:)

I will fill in the above after i get an updated roster of people attending.

DrDogg

Noob
I haven't looked at the registration list, but off the top of my head...

Confirmed Attending:

- Tom Brady
- REO
- Krayzie Bone
- Morty Seinfeld
- Sao87
- Aris
- Detroitballn313
- Alex Valle
- Justin Wong
- floE
- Mr. Mileena
- Osu 16 Bit
- Perfect Legend
- DRS Shakugan
- Michelangelo
- Pretty Boy
- XBLMindGamez
- B W1zz
- Aysamo
- Marvaz
- DrDogg
- jedirobb
- Devil Puncher
- Ketchup (AZ local, not the UK player)
- Juicebox

Confirmed NOT Attending:

- Slips

Feel free to post up if you're confirmed, but I don't have you listed. I'll try to take a look at the registrations when I have a chance.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Here's my list, from DrDogg's list of who's going(no order):

1. REO
2. Perfect Legend
3. Morty Seinfeld
4. Michaelangelo
5. Mr Mileena (underdog, but very good player from what i've seen on streams)

I was also thinking of putting Aris somewhere in there. People really don't give him enough credit in this game. He was near top 8 at Evo if I remember right. He seems to do consistently well. Bw1zz is up there too in my opinion.

Characters I see winning:
1. Sonya
2. Kabal
3. Kung Lao (no patch) Sub Zero (patch)
4. Whoever REO chooses to use (though I think he's starting to go Kabal now)

Best use of underrated characters:
Whoever's a good Baraka player. I really think Baraka can compete after watching Permodius/LikeMike

Pushup contest winner:
Aris, most def. Floe is a close second.

Saltiest:
Tom Brady, but he'll pretend he's not.

I$AAC

Noob
well I tried and tried to get off of work and see if I could work the funds. But unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I was looking forward to playing some of the AZ players as well =(

Here's my list, from DrDogg's list of who's going(no order):

1. REO
2. Perfect Legend
3. Morty Seinfeld
4. Michaelangelo
5. Mr Mileena (underdog, but very good player from what i've seen on streams)

I was also thinking of putting Aris somewhere in there. People really don't give him enough credit in this game. He was near top 8 at Evo if I remember right. He seems to do consistently well. Bw1zz is up there too in my opinion.

Characters I see winning:
1. Sonya
2. Kabal
3. Kung Lao (no patch) Sub Zero (patch)
4. Whoever REO chooses to use (though I think he's starting to go Kabal now)

Best use of underrated characters:
Whoever's a good Baraka player. I really think Baraka can compete after watching Permodius/LikeMike

Pushup contest winner:
Aris, most def. Floe is a close second.

Saltiest:
Tom Brady, but he'll pretend he's not.

now i see why tom has decided to turn his back on this community

this reminds me of summerjam. a tournament where NO ONE thinks tom can do anything but lose only to back track when he does something and say "we knew you could do it". lol

i remember on the stbl show how tom commented on the community giving him no shot and being shocked that he made top 8 yet alone got any wins.

i hope tom turns his back on this community, shows up and and wins/places top 5. tbh, i think the community getting to him was the problem so ignoring all of you may just do the trick.

after this tourney, i for sure hope tom keeps his back turned on the community. after all, hes only returning the favor.

you guys dont realize what you have done lol. usa after pearl harbor coming up at devastation. just remember this time how you all gave 0% chance so when you get called out on the stbl show again you dont deny it this time.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

this reminds me of summerjam. a tournament where NO ONE thinks tom can do anything but lose only to back track when he does something and say "we knew you could do it". lol

i remember on the stbl show how tom commented on the community giving him no shot and being shocked that he made top 8 yet alone got any wins.

i hope tom turns his back on this community, shows up and and wins/places top 5. tbh, i think the community getting to him was the problem so ignoring all of you may just do the trick.

after this tourney, i for sure hope tom keeps his back turned on the community. after all, hes only returning the favor.

you guys dont realize what you have done lol. usa after pearl harbor coming up at devastation. just remember this time how you all gave 0% chance so when you get called out on the stbl show again you dont deny it this time.
You're right

after reading this post (ALTHOUGH I PUT TOM AS A definite WINNER) Ive decided to re edit my predictions and im sure you would agree.

top 5 predictions (in no order)
1. Tom
2. Tom
3. Tom
4. Tom
5. Tom
6. Tom

1. Tom (whoever he picks)

1. MK3 Sub Zero Tom Brady Replica costume

Pushup Contest Winner:
1. Tom Beats JOP 712 to .5

Upset central:
1. There are no upsets because all Contenders resign because Tom enters and destroys all like pearl harbor (you're very sad and poor reference)

Most saltiest:
1. 99% of entries leaving 1% (Tom) not salty

Tom and I are good friends and this isnt a shot at him, I love the dude (No homo) and really think he'll kick some major ass and could win

.....It's a shot at the f-ing ass kissing you're constantly doing in every thread towards Tom. You seriously need to stop trolling (remove your mouth) Tom's balls and let them breathe before they turn Blue.

Just because one person doesnt mention him as winning the tourney doesnt mean you have to get so defensive for him.

NOTE TO ALL do not post predictions unless yours looks like ^^^

Other wise Combo City will be Saltier than ever

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

Tom, why do you keep speaking in the third person?

Also, why is my top 5 required to include Tom Brady, otherwise I'm a hater? Is it really inconceivable that I think Tom is a good player, yet think non-Tom Brady's will get top 5 there? Also, "saltiest" isn't a question to be taken seriously...

And to get this thread back on track:

top 6 predictions (IN NO ORDER)
1. Aris
2. Morty
3. 16 bit
4. Perfect Legend
5. REO (He seems to troll on characters before he blows up the scene with them, so CSZ is what I think he will pick)
6. Tom Brady

1. CSZ
2. Kitana
3. Kung Lao (I wish this was not the case)
4. Sonya

1. Jax (if you can still call him under rated)
2. CSZ

Pushup Contest Winner:
1. Is this eating those ice cream things or the physical activity?

Upset central:
1. Bone, I just have a feeling he is going to show well.

Most saltiest:
1. JediRobb
2. Aris

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
No predicitions, I'm just happy to see top players play. Period.
My personal favorite players to watch that'll be in attendance:

1. DeroitBalln - When he's Shang Bangin
2. 16 Bit - I'm Kitana. He's Kitana, BUT he's HYPEST Kitana.
3. Brady - I like him but when he loses, you KNOW the salt is comin lol .. It's also fun when he starts entertaining the trolls

Lookin forward to seeing almost everybody play tho, especially Perfect Legend, who we haven't seen since EVO. Hope he still rips shit up.

Also - hope we see an abundance of characters being played and some new tech out. Best possible outcome for me.

Tim Static

Adminerator

Top 5 no order
Tom
Reo
Aris
16 bit
Morty
Perfect legends got rust to shake, i dont think this will be his tourny
Winning Character
Sub-Zero(if tom uses him)
Sonya
Mileena
Kitana
I'm no tom brady fan boy, but hes winning devastation, he's motivated by the "hate" from the community, and now if he's truly ignoring them, he'll come back in dramatic fashion

I think the top 6 will be(in no order)
1.Tom Brady
2.Reo
3.Krayzie Bone
4.16 bit
5.Perfect Legend
6.Aris
I'd love to see Tom play sub the whole tourney, Reo playing cyber sub, Perfect Legend playing someone other than Kung Lao, Krayzie playing Jade(though this is unlikely, I'd still like to see hi use Ermac if he doesn't use Jade), Osu getting super hyped with his Kitana, and Aris bringing back Smoke with some new tech. Even though it's more likely he'll be playing Cage.