What's new

DEVASTATION 2011 :: Oct 7-9 :: Phoenix, AZ

Tim Static

Adminerator
most of these players have been playing against the broken versions since they came out online. They know the match ups, and know whats been changed. Your either pro or your not. Thats silly imo.

DrDogg

Noob
most of these players have been playing against the broken versions since they came out online. They know the match ups, and know whats been changed. Your either pro or your not. Thats silly imo.
Your use of "pro" and "online" in the same statement is silly imo.

All jokes aside, Freddy and Skarlett have been banned at DEV since the creation of this thread. While some people may have experience against these characters online (or even offline), up until today everyone was under the assumption both characters were banned. Mains of these characters who are planning to attend have known that they won't be able to use them at the event and should have planned accordingly (as I'm sure they did).

We're not going to make a last minute change on banned characters. It would have a far more adverse effect on the situation compared to maintaining the ban.

DrDogg, what's the news so far on the stream since Spooky won't be making it?
In place of Spooky, we will be using our local streamers, Team Hazmat. Level Up is still on board, and we'll most likely have a third stream for either HoN or Gears (or possibly both).

So Robert Englund and Menopause Ninja would still be banned even if the patch were being used? Lol @ my 2 mainz.:kratos:

DrDogg

Noob
Quick reminder for everyone.

Monday is the last day for online registration. After Monday, you will only be able to register at the event, which means waiting in multiple long lines (instead of just the badge pickup line). Also, if you do day-of registration on Fri/Sat morning, you will not be able to enter tournaments starting before noon on those days (respectively).

Likewise, if you're picked up a ticket, but have not done your tournament schedule, please do so before Monday. This will save everyone time!

http://www.devastationevent.com/registration/

So Robert Englund and Menopause Ninja would still be banned even if the patch were being used? Lol @ my 2 mainz.:kratos:
Yes, although if the patch doesn't hit within the next 48 hours or so, it won't matter.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Quick reminder for everyone.

Monday is the last day for online registration. After Monday, you will only be able to register at the event, which means waiting in multiple long lines (instead of just the badge pickup line). Also, if you do day-of registration on Fri/Sat morning, you will not be able to enter tournaments starting before noon on those days (respectively).

Likewise, if you're picked up a ticket, but have not done your tournament schedule, please do so before Monday. This will save everyone time!

http://www.devastationevent.com/registration/

Yes, although if the patch doesn't hit within the next 48 hours or so, it won't matter.
When is the patch cutoff date for Dev again?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Midnight tonight. The rumor is it's not coming till Saturday now too so it's probably too late. I totally understand Dogg's ruling but what a shame.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Midnight tonight. The rumor is it's not coming till Saturday now too so it's probably too late. I totally understand Dogg's ruling but what a shame.
I personally wouldn't of had time to practice this week anyway. So I'm actually in favor of the patch not being used.

Not that I don't already know how to use my characters, but I don't want to deal with new unfamiliar bad or good matchups. I would of loved to use the patched version if it was released earlier, then I would of busted Jade out.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Wont be attending Devastation after all.

Good luck to everybody else. I'll be cheering SoCal and vVv from my home.