What's new

DEVASTATION 2011 :: Oct 7-9 :: Phoenix, AZ

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Hey guys, here's a good question...

If there is a patch for MK9, what are the chances that Dev will use it?

Say 2 weeks from now, 3... a day before Dev...

DrDogg

Noob
Hey guys, here's a good question...

If there is a patch for MK9, what are the chances that Dev will use it?

Say 2 weeks from now, 3... a day before Dev...
That's not a question that can easily be answered. We won't put a hard cutoff deadline on patches, but I can tell you that the consoles will not be connected to the internet the week of DEV. At the very least, anything that comes out after Oct 3 will not be included.

That said, if there's a major patch that really changes how a lot of characters are played that comes out Oct 1, we would probably not use that version. If it's a smaller patch that only affects one or two characters in a small manner, we'd probably use it.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
For some reason I cant find any flights or even greyhound to Pheonix from SoCal on that weekend... Weird...

DrDogg

Noob
For some reason I cant find any flights or even greyhound to Pheonix from SoCal on that weekend... Weird...
Did a quick search and found these:

Southwest: http://www.southwest.com/flight/select-flight.html?disc=0:22:1314901970.677000:11301@AC4843393E0F98D655CD7C858CA1A76E4A48B044&ss=0&int=HOMEQBOMAIR&companyName=&cid=

Greyhound: I searched greyhound.com and found a bunch of options, but you can't direct link to their searches.

On both sites I searched for departure on Oct 6.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder

DrDogg

Noob
The Southwest link says the session has expired. What are you typing in?

Form LAX to where?
Sorry, I checked the link in another browser so I figured it wasn't time-based.

LAX to PHX if you're flying, Los Angeles to Phoenix if you're looking at Greyhound.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
*For all of you SoCal locals!

Okay guys, so here's the deal. Paul(Twisted) said he would be down to go to Devastation, the only problem is that his car needs to be checked. We also are on the works of trying to split gas money, so please let me know if you want to drive down with us.

If we need an oil change and you want to drive down with us, please help us put money together to make his car Phoenix perfect!

DrDogg

Noob
*For all of you SoCal locals!

Okay guys, so here's the deal. Paul(Twisted) said he would be down to go to Devastation, the only problem is that his car needs to be checked. We also are on the works of trying to split gas money, so please let me know if you want to drive down with us.

If we need an oil change and you want to drive down with us, please help us put money together to make his car Phoenix perfect!
The cost of an oil change shouldn't add that much to a group of people. You can get oil changes done for less than $30-40 at most places. Divide that by 4-5 people and it only adds about $10 per person.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
The cost of an oil change shouldn't add that much to a group of people. You can get oil changes done for less than $30-40 at most places. Divide that by 4-5 people and it only adds about $10 per person.
Yeah, he got it done this week. The car is good to go.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Who all is in the Friday 11am Pool? I shall be in there. Also will the brackets be released before or when we get there?

DrDogg

Noob
Who all is in the Friday 11am Pool? I shall be in there. Also will the brackets be released before or when we get there?
There's a thread and a Google doc, but no one is really using either yet. People can still register on-site so brackets will not be available until 30 minutes prior to each pool.

Thread: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?11625-Devastation-MK-Pools
Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsNcgdYvrguNdHE1QlpIT2hvMWwwd25ucU1nand4Vnc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I knew this was going to happen, which is why I mentioned it.

Is the patch going to be used at Devastation? Players will have one true week to practice before the event...

If it is, let me know please. I'm going to borrow the 360 from my brother and study Jade. lol

DrDogg

Noob
I knew this was going to happen, which is why I mentioned it.

Is the patch going to be used at Devastation? Players will have one true week to practice before the event...

If it is, let me know please. I'm going to borrow the 360 from my brother and study Jade. lol
The PS3 patch must be available by Oct 1 at midnight for it to be used at DEV. Sorry Xbox 360 players, it's simply not fair to the PS3 users to have less than a week to practice.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
The PS3 patch must be available by Oct 1 at midnight for it to be used at DEV. Sorry Xbox 360 players, it's simply not fair to the PS3 users to have less than a week to practice.
The patch seems to affect a lot of characters in a big way. Kabal, Reptile, Jade, Cyrax, etc...

I made the mistake of adding the patch for Revelations, and trust me. That is a mistake I regret.

Regardless, I think I'm gonna have to get my 360 from my brothers and practice two versions of the game. I cant lie, this makes me pretty upset.

DrDogg

Noob
The patch seems to affect a lot of characters in a big way. Kabal, Reptile, Jade, Cyrax, etc...

I made the mistake of adding the patch for Revelations, and trust me. That is a mistake I regret.

Regardless, I think I'm gonna have to get my 360 from my brothers and practice two versions of the game. I cant lie, this makes me pretty upset.
NRS has a week to get the PS3 patch out. I honestly wouldn't bother with the 360 version. There are significant changes, but not enough that you can't learn them in a week.

The problem at RevLA was that the patch hit the day before the tournament. The Oct 1 dates allows us to avoid that.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
NRS has a week to get the PS3 patch out. I honestly wouldn't bother with the 360 version. There are significant changes, but not enough that you can't learn them in a week.

The problem at RevLA was that the patch hit the day before the tournament. The Oct 1 dates allows us to avoid that.
Actually, besides the character changes. Now there are universal changes to the game, now I haven't tried the 360 version myself so I cant really be a judge. But this seems like a big deal to me.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
i dont really care if we play on the patch or not. But is freddy going to be legal now, if you do play on the patch?

DrDogg

Noob
Actually, besides the character changes. Now there are universal changes to the game, now I haven't tried the 360 version myself so I cant really be a judge. But this seems like a big deal to me.
I agree that there are significant changes. But there's no reason you can't adjust to them over the course of a week. The AZ players have adjusted after only one day of playing the 360 version. People have been playing the game since late April. You only have to learn the changes, and you have 7 days to do so (assuming the patch releases on Oct 1, it may hit earlier than that).

i dont really care if we play on the patch or not. But is freddy going to be legal now, if you do play on the patch?
No, Freddy and Skarlett will remain banned. Learning system/character tweaks in a week is one thing, learning two complete character match-ups (potentially from scratch for many) is a significantly more difficult effort.