What's new

Guide - Cutthroat Derptile's Cutthroat Kano Guide(Updated for 3/29/16 patch changes)

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Nice guide, man! Well written and everything.

I would add that an almost max range D3 on hit allows for a B1 to connect despite range.

If I get the X1 again I'll definitely help ya figure out some more EX Buff punishes!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That's probably why it wasn't working for me and talking about I had to practice the timing on f212 f212 because like you said if you miss a beat and Dont get it at max height then it can throw some stuff off I guess you use to much of the gravity
Yep exactly. Why I like to use it sometimes too is because it doesn't use stamina for almost the same damage, and stamina is vital for this variation. If you aren't at or near maximum height either you fly over there head on Kano Ball Enders or the F4 gets wonky and doesn't come out. As long as you practice the timing getting out the 2nd F2 at high lengths the rest of the combo gets pretty easy after a while.

chores

bad at things
Awesome guide. I think 32 is worth mentioning under useful strings. 8f startup ,On block pulls the opponent into b1 range and leaves you at -1 but still not a horrible situation to be in. Also on hit can be confirmed into EXstab for a combo.

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Very nice guide, I didn't even know EX Kano Ball had 3 hits of armor to it. This actually changes how I'll handle certain match-ups now.

Hey Im gunna check this guide out tonight and give my overall opinion on it but thanks for taking the time to do it!

EDIT: Just finished reading since I'm still here. Everything in here is pretty much Cutthroat in a nutshell. Great job!

Im working on a Commando one, but I need some help with really one thing in particular. I'll be messaging some of you guys for help and of course I'll give credit where its due.
Send me a message too, I've been playing a hell of a lot of Commando the past few weeks with decent success and I may be able to help.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Hey Im gunna check this guide out tonight and give my overall opinion on it but thanks for taking the time to do it!

EDIT: Just finished reading since I'm still here. Everything in here is pretty much Cutthroat in a nutshell. Great job!

Im working on a Commando one, but I need some help with really one thing in particular. I'll be messaging some of you guys for help and of course I'll give credit where its due.
Thanks, also I know it doesn't really pertain to Cutthroat, but when you play Cybernetic why do you go for 112 xx laser 112 xx ex ball follow-up instead of 112 xx laser B23 2+4 MB follow-up? It does less damage.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Posting for notifications. Love cutthroat now been using the tech you've posted. I think I've officially converted to cutthroat from cyber!

"That musta hurt!"

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
Thanks, also I know it doesn't really pertain to Cutthroat, but when you play Cybernetic why do you go for 112 xx laser 112 xx ex ball follow-up instead of 112 xx laser B23 2+4 MB follow-up? It does less damage.
Whatever my fingers go for that's what comes out. That's all. I know the other combo does more damage but yea that's really the only reason I do other combos sometimes.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Made a midscreen combo just now. One bar of meter or two depending on if you want to ex buff it:

JIP 1, B31 EXDB1, NJP, JI1, RC 3 2 BF3. the timing is kinda tight toward the end but not that bad. Unbuffed 31%, buffed 45%, ex buffed 51% not sure if it was posted or not but yeah

This is so friggin awesome thank you! I was looking for a new character to learn. None of them were appealing to me until this post caught my eye. Great stuff.

Jupe

Noob
Very nice guide. Well written and has everything important in it.

I wanna correct one minor mistake though, Kano's upball is actually 6 frames. It punishes Dragon Fangs Goro's Dragon Spin which is -6 while Kung Lao's 7 frame spin doesn't punish this. Upball doesn't punish many -6 moves since its range on startup is very small, but it is in fact 6 frames.

infamy23

FireBeard
Kano ball is not a hard knockdown. It's what I like to call a sliding knockdown. You still have more advantage than a regular knockdown, but your opponent can mash buttons when his legs touch the ground and he will be able to tech roll which can mess up your timing if you try to run up and overhead him on a midscreen knockdown for example.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Quick question. What's the best bnb corner combo if I get a hit confirm with b121? I'll always find myself wondering what to do next because usually end up with exdb1

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Quick question. What's the best bnb corner combo if I get a hit confirm with b121? I'll always find myself wondering what to do next because usually end up with exdb1
B121 xx Knife 11 112 xx Straight ball. It's probably the simplest and easiest corner combo for his overhead. Pretty sure it was in the OP.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Kano ball is not a hard knockdown. It's what I like to call a sliding knockdown. You still have more advantage than a regular knockdown, but your opponent can mash buttons when his legs touch the ground and he will be able to tech roll which can mess up your timing if you try to run up and overhead him on a midscreen knockdown for example.
Thanks, will make changes

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Possible Correction: I see you have armored launcher listed in Kano's strengths. Ex-Blade Slice doesn't have armor. (edit- Oh, I see you're counting Ex-Kano Ball. Hmm, slightly disagree, but it makes sense.)

Thanks for this guide!

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Rage post of the week:

Played this shinnok player and kept him the corner the entire two rounds. Every time he tried to jump over me I'd already be in the air and njk 4 him back in the corner. Pretty hilarious. Anyway after I finally got the good ole fatality in he chimed in and screamed "FUCK YOU [ban incoming]!!!" Luckily I had my mic in this time and replied "Not my fault you're garbage bro, you mad?" He left and then ten min later got a message from him and it went like this:

Rager: you sound like you got a cock stuck in your nose fagget

Me: you suck. Go fuck yourself.

Best match all day

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Rage post of the week:

Played this shinnok player and kept him the corner the entire two rounds. Every time he tried to jump over me I'd already be in the air and njk 4 him back in the corner. Pretty hilarious. Anyway after I finally got the good ole fatality in he chimed in and screamed "FUCK YOU [ban incoming]!!!" Luckily I had my mic in this time and replied "Not my fault you're garbage bro, you mad?" He left and then ten min later got a message from him and it went like this:

Rager: you sound like you got a cock stuck in your nose fagget

Me: you suck. Go fuck yourself.

Best match all day
People hate loosing to kano for some reason. Usually it has something to do with knives being thrown even if you barely throw any your still a spammer.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
I don't give a shit, their rage fuels me lol. Nothing better than having an underdog character destroying these flavor of the month characters online. It's what I like to call "culling the flock"

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Y is dis discussion happening in here? Also I'll make changes to the OP eventually, not much to say besides Ex buff has no purpose now.