What's new

Derek Kirtzic on Ranked Matchmaking in MK11

thesacrifist

Too old for this
I wish they’d have a online mortal kombat tournament based off of EAs Fifa Weekend League model

Edit: To clarify, I imagine a knockout tournament structure say with 32 entrants, where you play only those who have progressed as far as you in the tournament. So if you have 220 000 entrants, you'll end up with ~6875 mortal kombat tournament winners who get good prices. Merely entering the tournament requires that you play a bit in the week to gather tickets or some other mcguffin to make it a bit exclusive. Rewards should be high even if you are knocked out at the first brackets.

Last edited:

Aramonde

Noob
I loved SFV's ranking system I hope they do it like that.

Some games actually do that. It’s very annoying. Like in Street Fighter V, you select your character before even going into matchmaking. I don’t like it.

However, I do hope they implement a ranking system similar to SFV, where you have different tiers and only get matched up according to that.
Choosing characters before cuts down time on people taking forever to choose their character. In MKX people will wait until the very last second to choose their damn character and will do the same thing for the fucking stage select! Idk if they do it on purpose or not but having to choose your character before starting matchmaking cuts all that out and cuts down on counter picking like someone else said earlier.