What's new

Defense against Bane

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Beetle is by far Bane's most difficult MU. He can float and cheerio cannon Bane all day, leaving Bane with no way to catch him. When Bane enters debuff, Beetle switches on trait, outneutrals, and mixes, then backs off to float around the screen building meter and firing projectiles all day. Even when Bane finally catches Beetle, his wakeup is safe and grab immune, leaving Bane with very weak/risky oki options. Not to mention all of Beetle's quick hitting armor breaking strings.
Superman still sucks super bad (pun unintended). Batman's still kinda shitty too. At least they can't backdash wakeup for free anymore provided you end combo's in BF2, but if you mistime even a little they'll still escape pretty easily.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Superman still sucks super bad (pun unintended). Batman's still kinda shitty too. At least they can't backdash wakeup for free anymore provided you end combo's in BF2, but if you mistime even a little they'll still escape pretty easily.
Superman is manageable, IMO. He has few options when knocked down as Bane can simply d2 both of them (microstep into d2xxgrab serves as a really effective option select), 11 can be used to challenge Superman pressing buttons after breath, and Superman does not have very good armor breaking outside of his trait. Just have to manage your trait with his in this MU.

Also, if Superman can't wake up, he can't cancel into trait. It's definitely a tough MU, but no worse than 6-4, IMO. Bane has legitimate options in this MU, while against Beetle or Wonder Woman he has close to none.

Batman used to be Bane's worst MU a couple patches back, but the quantitative nerfs to his meter build and trait rebuild helped far more than I could have envisioned. Still losing, but playable now.

Cursa

Superman is manageable, IMO. He has few options when knocked down as Bane can simply d2 both of them (microstep into d2xxgrab serves as a really effective option select), 11 can be used to challenge Superman pressing buttons after breath, and Superman does not have very good armor breaking outside of his trait. Just have to manage your trait with his in this MU.

Also, if Superman can't wake up, he can't cancel into trait. It's definitely a tough MU, but no worse than 6-4, IMO. Bane has legitimate options in this MU, while against Beetle or Wonder Woman he has close to none.

Batman used to be Bane's worst MU a couple patches back, but the quantitative nerfs to his meter build and trait rebuild helped far more than I could have envisioned. Still losing, but playable now.
They're all equally bad. Superman's wakeups are trash but are still two grab immune wakeups, and his backdash still works if used correctly in the matchup. Supes zoning is still bad and his trait is still a direct counter to Bane's game completely with a short cooldown, 11 will always get challenged by Supes D1 after a breath since it's guaranteed, F23xx4 pressure is difficult for Bane to deal with, as with all characters without a 6 frame move and Superman matches him in damage easily.

Bane is more similar to Flash, at least more than before, in that although he has a myriad of losing matchups,but they're all doable due to his damage output and ability to just win through mix alone. Like yea Beetle and Superman are both shitty matchups but if you're Bane and you have either of them cornered it takes 1 good read with a B2 or a S1 in order to instantly get the life lead.

Cursa

what does WW have that destroys bane? i have a wowo so might be useful to know
Shield toss is cancer, D2 is cancer, J3 is cancer, damage is cancer, wakeups are cancer. If you move at the wrong time and get hit by a MB shield have fun taking 400 damage back to fullscreen and getting shield toss'd again.

Haven't fought a whole lot of em but that's my consensus.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Shield toss is cancer, D2 is cancer, J3 is cancer, damage is cancer, wakeups are cancer. If you move at the wrong time and get hit by a MB shield have fun taking 400 damage back to fullscreen and getting shield toss'd again.

Haven't fought a whole lot of em but that's my consensus.
what makes shield toss so good in this mu? also isnt she super minus on it on block?

Cursa

what makes shield toss so good in this mu? also isnt she super minus on it on block?
Take my advice with a grain of salt due to my experience, but I believe IA shield toss is way less negative than normal, and delaying the MB also does the same for both grounded and air shield toss. It can have a gap for Bane to armour through if delayed for long enough but it has to be like a really long delay, and option selecting raging charge is awkward for me personally since it's BF1.

Cursa

Honestly I haven’t played a Wonder Woman in a long time, I could be completely wrong. Pretty sure it’s a high though
It is a high but I don't think anyone can duck it since the first hit is a mid. I tested with Cat lady and it her ducking on block too so I guess no one can duck it lmao.

Cursa

so what if it can't be ducked, u block it you can get in right?
She can choose not to MB it, which is obviously way more unsafe, but if you sit there waiting for a MB part she just got away for free and can throw another one for free as well. If you decide to try and move and she does MB it you'll get hit and get BF1'd or hit by another shield which may full combo you if she decides to spend a second bar.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'd say 5-5 personally. Momentum heavy matchup imo. Brainiac gets the life lead he can play the neutral game which Bane struggles in but if Bane gets life lead he doesn't have to take as many risks and a knockdown on Brainiac is party time for Bane.

Also Bane has more options to deal with strings cancelled into drones in the corner since they have a gap that can be punished with armour. Like B12xx4 gets punished, as does B123 I believe, since B12 - 3 has a gap as well. It's kind of risky cancelling into drone in the corner because if Bane gets a read and lands a MB Bane Bomb you're now the one in the corner against Bane. Not sure if Brainiac's wakeup is throw immune or not, but it can be stuffed easier than Beetle's as least.
Never really seen anyone make this look like a 5-5. Braniac controls the pacing in thus MU and the risk/reward on getting in/getting offense started never seems to be in Bane’s favor. Scar vs. Grr is a recent example of how to play the MU to make it frustrating for Bane.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Bane cant punish ground shield eith anything even when it is that minus, he can only do a perfect F2 and get no follow up, and if you are 1 frame off that f2 its a full combo punish on block. Shield doesnt count as a projectile so lvl 3 is no help she will just mb on reaction if u attempt to charge or just block and punish. 8 frame armor breaking plus on block shoulder to go with shield etc. One wake up is grab immune and if she thinks you will do other armor she can wake up mb shoulder to break it. Luckily we can now meaty the shoulder but if we do that we could eat DP. It get slightly better with the bf2 buff but the neutral game is still aids. Beetle got no better

Wetdoba

All too easy...
They're all equally bad. Superman's wakeups are trash but are still two grab immune wakeups, and his backdash still works if used correctly in the matchup. Supes zoning is still bad and his trait is still a direct counter to Bane's game completely with a short cooldown, 11 will always get challenged by Supes D1 after a breath since it's guaranteed, F23xx4 pressure is difficult for Bane to deal with, as with all characters without a 6 frame move and Superman matches him in damage easily.

Bane is more similar to Flash, at least more than before, in that although he has a myriad of losing matchups,but they're all doable due to his damage output and ability to just win through mix alone. Like yea Beetle and Superman are both shitty matchups but if you're Bane and you have either of them cornered it takes 1 good read with a B2 or a S1 in order to instantly get the life lead.
Supes d1 after breath is not free, b2 will low crush it into a full combo on a read. His wake ups being grab immune are irrelevant, d1 and d2 checks are free so we can condition him to sit there for the grab. Also if he wakes up dp on an immediate grab we recover first and can punish it with 113. This mu is honestly a soft 6-4 now, its not bad at all

Cursa

Supes d1 after breath is not free, b2 will low crush it into a full combo on a read. His wake ups being grab immune are irrelevant, d1 and d2 checks are free so we can condition him to sit there for the grab. Also if he wakes up dp on an immediate grab we recover first and can punish it with 113. This mu is honestly a soft 6-4 now, its not bad at all
I am also saying it's a 6-4