What's new

Deconstructing The Teleport.

coolwhip

Noob
no, stryker, quan, cage, and anyone else who has a fast uppercut can hit you during the first half of the tele and then again on the second half and be neutral by the time you whiff the grab. Trust me, living with a stryker i've tested this at least 10 billion times
Except the KL player doesn't gave to fully commit to delaying the grab. Meaning if he sees that you didn't dash back and want to go for an uppercut, then he can hit a delayed teleport 3 into full combo, or at the very least, not delay the grab, in which case it will hit.

Except the KL player doesn't gave to fully commit to delaying the grab. Meaning if he sees that you didn't dash back and want to go for an uppercut, then he can hit a delayed teleport 3 into full combo, or at the very least, not delay the grab, in which case it will hit.
that works in theory, but after going to the lab for hours on this i've determined that a reasonable player with a fast upper will have time to duck the tele3 or block it. the second upper hits your right at the beginning of the 2nd half of the tele. you are the guaranteed an early 3, but not a delayed one meaning 9% no combo and you just took 24%. better off doing a teleinstant 2, but even that's risky.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Well let's deconstruct it then.
Teleport i25, 29/31 to show up - Naked it's free to any AA combo, most uppercuts and most normals/specials on startup and njp-punishable on reaction as well as with most jabs.
Teleport + 1 - i10
Teleport + 2 - i23
Teleport + 3 - 5
Teleport + 4 - 9

Definitely need to do it off a cancel for it not to be blown up it seems. Online I'm eating teleports and even free to them depending on the connection so I'm not sure I'm reading the frame data correctly but technically speaking it's a gimmick and not a safe option - it seems.

coolwhip

Noob
Well let's deconstruct it then.
Teleport i25, 29/31 to show up - Naked it's free to any AA combo, most uppercuts and most normals/specials on startup and njp-punishable on reaction as well as with most jabs.
Teleport + 1 - i10
Teleport + 2 - i23
Teleport + 3 - 5
Teleport + 4 - 9

Definitely need to do it off a cancel for it not to be blown up it seems. Online I'm eating teleports and even free to them depending on the connection so I'm not sure I'm reading the frame data correctly but technically speaking it's a gimmick and not a safe option - it seems.
It's not a safe option but it is definitely not a gimmick.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Gimmick might not be the right expression, true enough. But still can be blown up, which is good news for me.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You use it as a mixup tool with a JiP. Thats all you really need. IDK why you guys are trying to make it harder than it is. If you think they'll try to AA your jump... you teleport and punish. If you think they're waiting for the teleport... JIP.

The exVersion is most useful in the corner... because you can't back dash and punish it. If your opponent isn't back dash punishing this move... then you'll more or less win if you have any type of mixup mentality.

Broken.... down.

what are u talking about? 21 Does whiff on a non blocking crouch, the second hit of 11 however will hit them, b33 is still good to use in this case, especially against someone like mileena or reptile with their very low hitbox on d4.
just do 21 and U will see the 1 hits them

that works in theory, but after going to the lab for hours on this i've determined that a reasonable player with a fast upper will have time to duck the tele3 or block it. the second upper hits your right at the beginning of the 2nd half of the tele. you are the guaranteed an early 3, but not a delayed one meaning 9% no combo and you just took 24%. better off doing a teleinstant 2, but even that's risky.
dude, there is no way youre getting 2 uppercuts in there lol. and his teleport doesnt work the way you think it does.

dude, there is no way youre getting 2 uppercuts in there lol. and his teleport doesnt work the way you think it does.
Dude, ok, fine i'll put up a video proving it. armor isnt as good as you people think. on this move with 7 frame d2 characters it's a fast way to lose a lot of health

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
even if they are looking for the wiffed 1 or whatever, it doesnt change the fact that Kung Lao could change it to any number of his options. And he still has armor regardless even if he doesnt get the boost. Either way the ball is still in his court.

Dude, ok, fine i'll put up a video proving it. armor isnt as good as you people think. on this move with 7 frame d2 characters it's a fast way to lose a lot of health
im not arguing the point whether you can sneak in 2 uppercuts if you time it when you know it is coming in training mode. but in a real match even if it is slow paced kung lao can really fuck you up if you think 2 uppercuts in a row was a good idea. for example if you try to double uppercut he will retain his armor and his 21 spin will get you for a 35% combo without meter and with meter he will really fuck you up. also he doesnt even need the armor if you really go for 2 uppercuts in a row because he can just neutral duck the second uppercut and whiff punish you not receiving any damage at all.

also you dont just randomly ex teleport you can do it out of so many situations when youre no ready for it and he can either catch you with overhead 2 delay 3 whiff grab. uppercutting teleports is not a 100% safe and you need to know when to uppercut, if you try to uppercut lao out of a crossover teleport youre gong to eat 43% without meter.

so tell me how are you going to take all these options into account( and i havent even listed all of them). you are able to sneak in an uppercut if I do the whiff grab, but a second uppercut is just asking for getting full combo'd , also if i did a delayed 3 you would have eaten 43% in exchange for a 12% uppercut.

also kung lao also has a 7 frame uppercut and a semi small hitbox so I know how fast a 7 frame uppercut is, and I dont even believe stryker has a small hitbox which makes it even worse for him.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
its not useless at all....kung lao's strings all have uses. b1f1 has a use as well, its a footsie tool.

also, does d4 on hit canceled into tele 3 guarantee the hit?
b3 = -14 on block
b33 = -8 on block
b333 = -5 on block
Besides, the opp will be blocking low anyway against KL.

Also, d4~tele guarantees nothing. The tele is never guaranteed.

no dude, on reaction you can get out 2 uppercuts and block only allowing tele1 or a block string to matter. that's 24% vs 14 OR 4 +meter and pressure. depending on how good you are at getting out of pressure that soudns like a good deal to me

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
b33 is still a good string even if its unsafe especially if u make your opponent respect your ability to teleport and spin.

and ah ok, i'll probably do less d4 into tele. Still don't mean i don't have plenty of otherways to get that tele going ;)

also, i found a way to make f4 a more useful footsie. Pretty much its the same concept with CSZ when he dashes in for 332. You do bbdf2 for kung lao, and his f2 should come out instead of his hat toss :)

no dude, on reaction you can get out 2 uppercuts and block only allowing tele1 or a block string to matter. that's 24% vs 14 OR 4 +meter and pressure. depending on how good you are at getting out of pressure that soudns like a good deal to me
okay please test or make a video with stryker and kung lao. and record the following:

kung lao jumps in the air and does ex teleport. and because you can do it ''on reaction'' let lao disappear from the screen first because no way youre reacting faster than that in a real match. uppercut lao twice when he does whiff grab 1, but make lao do 21 spin on stryker as soon as he recovers.

next try to do the same with lao using ex teleport 3

next do it off of a normal teleport because you wont know its an ex version until I appear on the screen again because I jump high enough on the screen for you not be able to visually recognize fast enough which version I do.

doesnt matter which version, and not everyone needs to wait for someone to be completely off the screen to be able to react. that move has a pretty distinctive look, you need to work on your move recognition, lol. if an uppercut would hit someone out of regular tele there's no need to test that. people can recognize that he's still going and uppercut again. that last test is meaningless, the only difference is if you're willing to settle for 12% on a regular tele. My room mate is at work so i'l test when he gets back

I'm a lao player and im telling you that in 8 months of lao stryker matches i 100% guarantee you will take 24% on reaction

rarely. i do against characters with slow uppercuts. not against stryker (i dont need to in that matchup anyway, it's a waste of meter).