What's new

Deconstructing The Teleport.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I do believe it would serve us Lao players well to gather our collective noodles and figure through the most useful and useless ways to exploit our old friend, the Teleport.

What are YOUR favorite/most instrumental Teleport setups?
Conversely, which do you think are THE absolute worst times to Teleport?

Just from an experimentation standpoint, I've found myself leaning towards 2 4 & D4 into Tele/EX Tele~2 & 3 to counter pokes and attempts to get in between my strings. It's a gamble unless you're EX'ing and making use of the armor frames, but you'd be surprised how many people will catch a kick or a pop-up to the face for reacting prematurely to pressure. I'm still working on it, though, I'm not 100% on its viability or lack thereof just yet.
Conversely, unless I'm fighting someone whose zoning I know I can get around ala a Cage or a Jade, I have no desire to Teleport outside of pressure mixups. It's just begging for punishment.

Thoughts?

...Yeah, I'm pretty bad at following my own advice myself.

Until I get uppercut out of EX Tele~2 for the 5'th or 6'th time -_-.
Naked EX tele against stryker is a terrible thing to do (this is my response to the worst thing you can do). he uppercust you through the first half, and because hus d2 is only 7 frames and fast recovery he still has time to move and/or punish. it's free 12% damage for him because of armor. if you ex tele 1 you're fully dumb. there goes about 60% of your healthbar, thanks armor. making stryker look good.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Cornering an opp~EXTele1
Combo~24~tele (or, as a game finisher, EXTele)
Blockstring~tele
Jump in~tele
Crossover jump kick~tele

For as much as d4 is one of my fav moves, i never once thought of d4~tele. Not sure how its any better than as an unexpected poke.
Actually, as KL, thats all it needs to be. Random :3

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
wiff the 1, and punish how u see fit :p

also use more grindhat...to compare it to other characters tools, i'd put it somewhere between subs ice clone and reptiles ex sfb. It shares similarities with them and their uses.

wiff the 1, and punish how u see fit :p
that's the thing though, if they intentionally get hit, like lets say they read that you want to whiff a tele1, and they rock you with 2 uppercuts, that's 24% for 14%. not a good trade if you ask me. the game will pull that random bs sometimes too.

Axel_Redd

not really, they'll eat a 30%+ combo for that anyways, so it doesnt really matter. Beisdes i usually only ever do it once a round...possibly a total of 2 if i do it second round since it catches them off gaurd and gives me the life lead.

then again, you never know...i might try it again :p or possibly go for grindhat shenanigans...i've gotton pretty good at using that damn thing :p.

Axel_Redd

for the tele grab? gtfo
lolwut? no xD, if u wiff the ex tele 1 by doing it really low, once ur on the ground if they tried to do damge to you, you'll still have armor so u just punish with b33 or 21 or whatever while they're trying to hit you, in that sense, yes its worth it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
that's the thing though, if they intentionally get hit, like lets say they read that you want to whiff a tele1, and they rock you with 2 uppercuts, that's 24% for 14%. not a good trade if you ask me. the game will pull that random bs sometimes too.
So very true. The only thing more random than Lao is the game in which he tries to succeed.

lolwut? no xD, if u wiff the ex tele 1 by doing it really low, once ur on the ground if they tried to do damge to you, you'll still have armor so u just punish with b33 or 21 or whatever while they're trying to hit you, in that sense, yes its worth it.
...I'm not even gonna lie, I completely forgot about B33. Fuck, I need more lab time...

Axel_Redd

not just b33, but 24 should work also because of the second hit hitting low all while u still have that armor :)

or if they tryin to d1, d3 or d4 go for b33 :)
21 will catch them as well because the second hit in that string hits all opponents even mileena in neutral crouch state. the problem I have is b33 is its range (it whiffs easily) and the damage. and because the range on it is horrible it is also really easy to crossover wen they see your ex teleport. 21 cannot be crossed over if you space it correctly and do it fast, because the 21 will catch them in the air.

Axel_Redd

what are u talking about? 21 Does whiff on a non blocking crouch, the second hit of 11 however will hit them, b33 is still good to use in this case, especially against someone like mileena or reptile with their very low hitbox on d4.

coolwhip

Noob
for the tele grab? gtfo
You whiff the grab, opponent hits you, Kung Lao retains armor, so he can hit through his opponent's attack and get full combo. This isn't new tech. REO has a video explaining this from back in May or something on the KL forums.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Other than Scarlets Red Dash or Rains EXRH cancel, KLs delayed EXTele1 probably has the longest lasting armor in the game.

On the whiffed grab, characters with a fast uppercut get 24% and you have to win a guess, that's dumb, a waste of health if you ask me.

coolwhip

Noob
On the whiffed grab, characters with a fast uppercut get 24% and you have to win a guess, that's dumb, a waste of health if you ask me.
After they uppercut you the first time, Kung Lao's 7 frame jab will beat them out of anything since he retains armor. 2,1 spin >>> full combo.

After they uppercut you the first time, Kung Lao's 7 frame jab will beat them out of anything since he retains armor. 2,1 spin >>> full combo.
no, stryker, quan, cage, and anyone else who has a fast uppercut can hit you during the first half of the tele and then again on the second half and be neutral by the time you whiff the grab. Trust me, living with a stryker i've tested this at least 10 billion times