What's new

General/Other Deathstroke R.I.P 2013-He was never allowed to live

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
I don't see how the nerfed is that bad, just don't gun shot at certain ranges vs certain characters now, and us up close game is actually pretty solid

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
Indeed, today marks the unfortunate death of Deathstroke figuratively and literally. Nonetheless, we have learned some important lessons.

1) Regardless of what is said publicly, NRS will always favor the demands of casual gamers over the demands of tournament players.
2) Zoning is an online gamer's worst nightmare and nerfs will always be requested.
3) NRS has hired a couple of questionable and biased gameplay consultants.
1)Casuals wanted to nerf Superman for his jump lasers just as badly, did they get their wish? Nope.
2)Which is why Sinestro, a pure zoner, was buffed. :16Bit
3)Irrelevant to your character.

You were just spoiled with your zoning being even with Sinestro, and when NRS put a stop on the character being played that way, instead enforcing his hybrid playstyle as was evidently intended, all the Deathstroke players that didn't play him as a hybrid before cried out.

You want a pure zoner? PICK a pure zoner. This isn't one and shouldn't have been.

Glass Sword

Nobody
This is sad news to hear about the passing of our brother Jokestroke

Sinestro and the yellow core sends their condolences and will attend his service

We too have had to overcome darkness in our past, maybe DS will again see the light of day
Did Sinestro not hang himself. I guess they don't make yellow rope like they use to.
Actually... This whole thing has to be Sinestro's fault. The yellow core must have stolen Deathstroke's powers in order to revive their master.
Yes... That has to be it.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Did Sinestro not hang himself. I guess they don't make yellow rope like they use to.
Actually... This whole thing has to be Sinestro's fault. The yellow core must have stolen Deathstroke's powers in order to revive their master.
Yes... That has to be it.
Sinestro killed himself due to bad frame data but DC never lets anyone stay dead so they retconned it by having superboy prime punch the fucking time stream in half to make him decent

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Sinestro killed himself due to bad frame data but DC never lets anyone stay dead so they retconned it by having superboy prime punch the fucking time stream in half to make him decent
....The Trigon and Slade thing in the Teen Titans cartoon makes sense now.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Well no... it still doesnt but atleast it was better then being reborn by being punched into existence
It does, Slade in the Teen Titans cartoon is actually the Slade we have now. Before Slade started working for Trigon, he was the happy go lucky gun happy Mercenary we all use to love. But everything changed when Raven's father got involved. Trigon brought him back to live after a weird shooting incident, but deemed him too powerful, so he took his guns away. And thus, that's the reason he didn't use guns in the show, because everyone would've punished him on reaction.

DuskAlloy

It does, Slade in the Teen Titans cartoon is actually the Slade we have now. Before Slade started working for Trigon, he was the happy go lucky gun happy Mercenary we all use to love. But everything changed when Raven's father got involved. Trigon brought him back to live after a weird shooting incident, but deemed him too powerful, so he took his guns away. And thus, that's the reason he didn't use guns in the show, because everyone would've punished him on reaction.
Oh god his frames were bad in the fucking show to lol :D... but you know he had an amazing close up game in the show... just like the game right... ;)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I knew. I told you all. I told you that NR$ gun' fuck this game up. I stayed away...I knew. I TRIED TO WARN YOU ALL! IT'S NR$!

Someone lemme know when the final patch is released and if the game has more than a handful of tournament viable characters. I'm not holding my breath.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I must of missed it...
If only Deathstroke had an augmented eye and an Australian accent. The scrubs will still bitch about "Brokestroke" and NRS will further nerf him. He's giving their casual sales too much trouble! Zoning is op and he's a spammer! :(

DuskAlloy

If only Deathstroke had an augmented eye and an Australian accent.
Well I know I will get flak for this but I'm not the biggest fan of MK, but I will admit if DS had a few quotes from the MK movie's Kano that would be funny

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
The meme of "taking an arrow to the knee" is actually a celtic saying that means getting married.
The guards didn't actually take arrows to the knee, the entire term just means they got hitched.

:| Also even at -23 you still have time to guard before GA can cap you with a knee arrow to my knowledge because its a 27 frame start-up for him or something. More to the point of what I meant though, if you were trying to coin the Skyrim meme then its a misnomer.

If not then I'm misunderstanding the situation. Also deathstroke combos are amazing looking.
You are correct and yet wrong at the same time. The Arrow in the Knee meme actually comes from Skyrim. The developers of the game wanted the gaurds of the towns and cities in the game to seem humanlike and relatable, so they placed the line " I was once an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee". This line was not limited to only being said by one or two characters or ajust a few gaurds in the game, but yet every gaurd in the game.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
You are correct and yet wrong at the same time. The Arrow in the Knee meme actually comes from Skyrim. The developers of the game wanted the gaurds of the towns and cities in the game to seem humanlike and relatable, so they placed the line " I was once an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee". This line was not limited to only being said by one or two characters or ajust a few gaurds in the game, but yet every gaurd in the game.
It does mean married. Meaning that the odd humor that everyone got was misplaced?

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
I would have to do further research into the phrase, but Skyrim is where the meme came from.
Oh yes, it is where the meme came from, just saying I have no idea if the game developers actually meant it like the Nordic slang for getting married.

But hey, Im done derailing, back to mourning a fallen comrade.