What's new

Strategy Deathstroke new D2 discussion.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
From my testing, D2, B3, Ji3, 1, 323, 12 xx Flip is the most damage I can muster.

Not sure, but I believe taking off the 1 after Aerial 3 would do 1% more damage. 'cause of the scaling and all. But like Axel_Redd I can't get the B3 off a grounded D2. I can't even constantly get Aerial 1/2 or St1 off of it so I just go straight to 323 , F23 x Sword Flip.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Not sure, but I believe taking off the 1 after Aerial 3 would do 1% more damage. 'cause of the scaling and all. But like Axel_Redd I can't get the B3 off a grounded D2. I can't even constantly get Aerial 1/2 or St1 off of it so I just go straight to 323 , F23 x Sword Flip.

In most combost that end with 12 xx Flip, adding that extra 1 usually brings the damage up to the same amount that F23 Flip would.

I swear I was landing D2 into B3 even on grounded people before, I'll test it again to make sure I'm not spitting hot air.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
a scrubby deathstroke was beating my shazam j2s with it all day. he knew how to AA me but thank god he couldn't get a combo off of it, I would've been fucked :p

Not going to lie, i made fun of That d2 buff for g.l, seemed to be irrelevant at first to me, but surprisingly it was the missing element I needed to go even with a lot of the upper characters like superman and batman. I wanted to know how does death stroke d2 work against the rest of the roster from what I have attempted, the g.l j3 still out prioritizes death stroke d2

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
a scrubby deathstroke was beating my shazam j2s with it all day. he knew how to AA me but thank god he couldn't get a combo off of it, I would've been fucked :p
....that just gave me a wonderful idea, Deathstroke with instant air diagonal shots......Huehuehuehuehuehue

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
In longer combos F23 doesn't let the Flip fully hit so you have to use 12.

BTW @Mikman260 I was able to semi-constantly do B3 from a grounded d2. It's pretty tight.

Lol that's a new way to defile my name. I was able to get B3 a pretty good amount of the time. Like F23 after 323 and F3 after B1U2, I think it'll take a little effort to get consistently. I'm sure it'll come in time. You're more likely to use D2 to AA anyways, in which case it's a wide window to land.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Lol that's a new way to defile my name. I was able to get B3 a pretty good amount of the time. Like F23 after 323 and F3 after B1U2, I think it'll take a little effort to get consistently. I'm sure it'll come in time. You're more likely to use D2 to AA anyways, in which case it's a wide window to land.

F3 after B1U2 isn't very constant for me either. I find Aerial 2 after 132 even more constant than F3 after B1U2. For B1U2 I just do St1. it does like 3% less but at least I can get it 100% of the time.

I'll get that 3% back in chip anyways if I have meter.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
F3 after B1U2 isn't very constant for me either. I find Aerial 2 after 132 even more constant than F3 after B1U2. For B1U2 I just do St1. it does like 3% less but at least I can get it 100% of the time.

I'll get that 3% back in chip anyways if I have meter.

I do that online Even sometimes online when I feel ballsy I go for F3.

I also eat dinner rolls for breakfast when I REALLY feel like breakin the rules.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i have no problem with f3 after b1u2, its the b3 that seems too damn hard to do.

Vagrant

Noob
Can someone give me a quick confirmation that d2 is indeed safe now?

I remember it being hella neg before.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I still don't get why everyone uses Corps Charge as a testing move, since Flying Uppercut has the same startup and a faster missile speed... but yes, it's -1 now I think. Someone test it against Superman's super.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I still don't get why everyone uses Corps Charge as a testing move, since Flying Uppercut has the same startup and a faster missile speed... but yes, it's -1 now I think. Someone test it against Superman's super.
Against Superman I'm blocking the Super just fine.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I just want to mention that DS has new stronger combos with D2. I posted them in the combo thread if anyone is interested.

I wanted to post another d2 strategy as far as mid range zoning and footsies go.

When I am using aquaman and someone is trying to dash in and start a low or ovehead you can d2 and that trident is really good at intercepting the dash or attack because of how the massive trident hitbox extends passed the hurtbox.

I am wondering if dstrokes new d2 has similar properties at least from a horizontal hitbox perspective. That way I could intercept long pokes or dash into a combo punish like aquaman while holding down. I will investigate this further.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Deathstrokes d2 is his new footsie tool. I use it in grounded combat because it is only -1 and grants a combo if it his. It's horizontal hit box is better than most characters and it anti-airs very consistently.