What's new

Strategy Deathstroke new D2 discussion.

Deathstroke's buffed D2 is something we should all be seriously looking at...

I was just shitting around in practice mode during my lunch break and noticed that his D2 can now beat or trade with Batman's J2 and Joker's crossup J3 and normal J3. It trades less often the higher they are in the jump arc when you hit them.

The full combo punish would be d2 B3 J3 323 12 sf or d2 trait or d2 b3 f3 depending on the situation.

You guys should try using it instead of SF in your matchups and posting who it works on / doesn't work on, timing etc. It definitely appears viable at first glance as an anti air.

Also leave updates on who can beat DS J3 or crossups with their new D2. <3

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
What exactly has changed about it?

I was toying with DS' D2 the other day, and I still think it's crap. The hitbox is downright abysmal. It has a really short duration and doesn't hit deep jumps. His entire head area is exposed, and to AA with it, you have to hit people jumping way far in front of him. It's not Aquaman or Grundy D2, that's for sure.

If this doesn't make his D2 relevant, this universal buff may actually be a nerf for Slade.

The hitbox was extended higher and appears to extend backwards over his head and body like aquamans, which he def dint have yesterday, just not as high. The ds hurtbox when performing the d2 also appears to have been somewhat lowered.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
The hitbox was extended higher and appears to extend backwards over his head and body like aquamans, which he def dint have yesterday, just not as high. The ds hurtbox when performing the d2 also appears to have been somewhat lowered.

...gdlk

drywall

Noob
No free jumps on the following: batman, nightwing, green arrow, shazam, zod, lex, deathstroke, black adam (every character I tested basically). Ghost hitboxes everywhere :eek:. Conversely maybe this will convince everyone to stop jumping once they start eating full combo punishes instead of just raw flip.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
No free jumps on the following: batman, nightwing, green arrow, shazam, zod, lex, deathstroke, black adam (every character I tested basically). Ghost hitboxes everywhere :eek:. Conversely maybe this will convince everyone to stop jumping once they start eating full combo punishes instead of just raw flip.

Is J3 still viable?

drywall

Noob
Is J3 still viable?
I think we'll have to be more cautious with it or at least setup the jump in and definitely don't get predictable. D2 against crossups is tight timing but useable. Test their aa to see if they know their combos, if they don't it is still a better risk/reward for us.

Vagrant

Noob
D2 trades with batman j2 pretty consistently. You still have time for 323 followup combo after the trade as well

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Jumping in this game just became like most other 2D games, like SF4. Everyone has a serious AA now, except it's also a full combo in this game. GL's AA is now sick.

I don't like it as much in this game though. The way "footsies" work in this game (which I've grown to dislike) means that without jumpins being strong, you dont necessarily have a good way to approach. This is just a theory, but I imagine that over the next few months, we'll see characters with fast long range attacks (superman, wonder woman whips, etc) REALLY start to separate from the pack. Since you can't jump now, and this game has horrible walk speeds, fighting using long-range normals or being able to rapidly close the gap with you strings will become more and more important.

It'll be interesting to see how DS turns out after a few months of this.

Yes g.l d2 is sick skkra and I am loving every second of it lol. Now if they just give him one invincible wakeup I would make him more broken than he was in mk vs DC. The real bonus is that he is not reliant on jumpins, so this makes him lose nothing from a universal aa boost. They gave the man a pitch fork to d2 with.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Meh, I tried it out. As cool as D2 being better is, DS no longer has something he had over everyone else before the patch: A godlike anti-air.

I mean, look at it this way. It was kinda cute how Superman and GL players were whining about not having a good AA, while us DS users could be like "Heh... glad I'm not in that boat." Now the exclusive "I have a good AA cool kids club" is filled with a bunch of other people, and the cool kids club just aint so cool anymore.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I still don't really get why we need to raw j3 people. What the heck were you doing against Aquaman beforehand?

Meh, I tried it out. As cool as D2 being better is, DS no longer has something he had over everyone else before the patch: A godlike anti-air.

I mean, look at it this way. It was kinda cute how Superman and GL players were whining about not having a good AA, while us DS users could be like "Heh... glad I'm not in that boat." Now the exclusive "I have a good AA cool kids club" is filled with a bunch of other people, and the cool kids club just aint so cool anymore.
I think you are over looking his d2. How many characters can d2 into a 28 to 30 percent damage? Ww, am, sm, and ds? Anyone else without meter besides ww and ds? And sword flip still beats crazy aman and lex j3 and is still invincible on wakeup. And d2 into trait is bullet damage clashable? The d2 is situational but ds is still more versatile than just a good d2 hitbox.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I think you are over looking his d2. How many characters can d2 into a 28 to 30 percent damage? Ww, am, sm, and ds? Anyone else without meter besides ww and ds? And sword flip still beats crazy aman and lex j3 and is still invincible on wakeup. And d2 into trait is bullet damage clashable? The d2 is situational but ds is still more versatile than just a good d2 hitbox.

Grundy and Bane can. KF and GA will get you into their stupid vortex and mixup game. Meterless doesn't come off as extremely important to me in this game because you build meter like nuts.

I do like how D2 now switches sides when someone deep jumps though.

EDIT: I would also like to mention that since D2 recovers faster now, some combos that weren't possible before are/may now be possible. D2, B3 was only possible on airborne opponents in the past. Now you can do it to someone off the ground. The corner stage transition combo 132, D2, B3 is much easier now too.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
wait, how is ji1 a vortex? u talking about the vortex after a hard knock down? why would u do it standing?

Without meter you still have g.l with trait, superman, batman, grundy , bane, black adam I believe Catwoman and possibly more, doing 28-30% off a d2 used to be amazing, now it is just a mandatory requirement sadly.

Vagrant

Noob
EDIT: I would also like to mention that since D2 recovers faster now, some combos that weren't possible before are/may now be possible. D2, B3 was only possible on airborne opponents in the past. Now you can do it to someone off the ground. The corner stage transition combo 132, D2, B3 is much easier now too.

Do we have an updated bnb off of d2 now?