What's new

Dealing With the Runaway Problem, and Growing Our Sport

On an unrelated note.. To grow our community we need more media. More streams, more tech/humorous videos, written articles by top players, etc.. Honestly I feel MK9s online connection has been a big pitfall and we could have been bigger if it was top notch like other games. If IGAU has great connection this will automatically fix the problem. In the mean time, and IMO TYM staff should make or contact some top players with recording capability and start making some material. We should have a TYM Youtube featuring beginner videos, highlights from tournaments, character break downs, etc..

Just more media. lol :D

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Another Note:

THis is an increasing annoying trait in our community and I want to know how everyone feels about it.

Using Nikka is gradually increasing in our scene. Whether you're too ignorant or not to understand this but THE WORD NIKKA IMPLIES THE OTHER "N" word and makes that person (despite his race) using the word look below the IQ threshold of 70 (Talking Forest Gump level, pre navy days).

This is a dream but it'll never happen...... but man How I would love for some of those people to go into a job interview or a new job they were hired to do and CONSTANTLY say the word "NIKKA" and see where that gets them in the world. Man I'd love to have that train wreck filmed or something. Here is what would happen

A. Fired

B. Not asked back to work/2nd interview

C. Ass beat

D. All They Above

Sorry for the random thoughts but it seemed sort of in the lines of my complaints w the overall FGCs and this scene's increasing bad habits and ignorant ways.

Pig Of The Hut

Another complaint:

Reading 70% of the users comments about that Kayne (Spelling?) videos of her using Flash

All i read was

FLASH IS BROKE YO
FLASH OP MAN
INJ BROKEN BITCHES
Garbble Garbble Garbble

Note to 70% of TYM'S users. THATS A 5-6 MONTH OLD BUILD. WAKE UP!!!!!!!! Plus you don't know dick about the game so how can you for any second say its broken.

These comments were atrocious on that new footage. Makes our scene look so behind the times. Little does most of the community know THERE ARE AROUND 3 NEW BUILDS A DAY SO TO sit there and chirp like ducks about a flash combo that did 60% on 6 hits, dude wake up. It's a fucking alpha/beta build and I wish because of those comments it did a 120% into the second health bar and was unblockable for whatever reason.

Another complaint:

Reading 70% of the users comments about that Kayne (Spelling?) videos of her using Flash

All i read was

FLASH IS BROKE YO
FLASH OP MAN
INJ BROKEN BITCHES
Garbble Garbble Garbble

Note to 70% of TYM'S users. THATS A 5-6 MONTH OLD BUILD. WAKE UP!!!!!!!! Plus you don't know dick about the game so how can you for any second say its broken.

These comments were atrocious on that new footage. Makes our scene look so behind the times. Little does most of the community know THERE ARE AROUND 3 NEW BUILDS A DAY SO TO sit there and chirp like ducks about a flash combo that did 60% on 6 hits, dude wake up. It's a fucking alpha/beta build.
Haha yup, noticed that, found it annoying, like I said in that thread, fixing damage values for a show-build that won't make it on to printing discs, essentially wasting other development time <

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
TYM is the connective tissue of the community and this site is basically dead, almost all the top players driven away by the community and staff here. Ironically from the people I know there's one thing they all agree on: nobody cares and discussing serious information and strategy is a waste of time.
Man shut up. This post is so whack lol.

How is the site dead? Because a few players decided to stop posting? Please. Hundreds of people still log on and participate on this site DAILY, so this site is just as alive as it was when I joined almost a year ago. There are a few people that I do wish still posted in the forums, you being one of them, but at the end of the day, if you guys decide to leave the site, so be it. The site doesn't have to leave with you. I can understand Pig's or Reo's situation, but how did the community drive YOU away? YOU OUT OF ALL PEOPLE?

Nobody cares about what? If you mean nobody cares about some of the people leaving, then yea, you're right. Why should we? But you say that and then say discussing serious information and strategy is a waste of time, which leads me to believe that no one cares about the game anymore. If that's the case, then WTF are you talking about? People are STILL discussing MUs, techs, strategies, etc. Just the other day, I made a thread about dealing with crossups and it got over 100 posts in one day from the community that "doesn't care".

Like I said, it does suck that some people are leaving, but at the end of the day, the game and community is still going to live on, with or without some people. Quit being butthurt and get over it.

4x4lo8o

Warrior
Thats how moderation works on other forums......
I don't know exactly what you're referring too, I don't doubt there are other forums that operate the same way, but there's no reason we can't hope for mods that would try to work towards a resolution if notable members are complaining and leaving the site as a result of moderation issues.
I've never had an issue with any of the moderators personally, but hearing one of the admins express that the mods can do no wrong is a bit unsettling to me.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
what benefit is there for a pro player on a level up forum? there was a blog by justin wong from way back on the direction srk went with its community shift where justin said there is now a point where you reach a certain level and that is when the forum will hold you back... once upon a time srk had tons of top players actively posting and sharing strats until all the scrubs and noob favortism took over that drew them off... tym is going down the same path now and dont be suprised if in injustice half of the top 16 at majors are not even active on tym.... this happens to all sites that cater to number advertising & popular traffic flow over top players...
Its like the big poker forum where all good players shared strats, untill new players started to respond and eventually u rarely got any advice anymore from the good players. But how do u stop this? no idea...

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I don't know exactly what you're referring too, I don't doubt there are other forums that operate the same way, but there's no reason we can't hope for mods that would try to work towards a resolution if notable members are complaining and leaving the site as a result of moderation issues.
I've never had an issue with any of the moderators personally, but hearing one of the admins express that the mods can do no wrong is a bit unsettling to me.
Here's the deal though: they aren't getting banned. If they get upset that a thread is closed...then idk...ask them why? I mean..in lieu of having a fit and proclaiming that they will never ever come back to the site again.

Enenra

Go to hell.
My issue was you guys [moderators] are killing the fun, and drama/flaming is a lot of fun. Who cares as long as it's harmless and everyone is enjoying themselves.

And yeah, it's harmless. If you get butthurt about a gaming forum calling you out I don't think we'll miss you.

Then again, that was when I cared. Now I don't care if this turns into a brony site as long as I can pop in the low taste joke every now and again to see my like count increase. It grows my epeen.

Pig Of The Hut

My issue was you guys [moderators] are killing the fun, and drama/flaming is a lot of fun. Who cares as long as it's harmless and everyone is enjoying themselves.

And yeah, it's harmless. If you get butthurt about a gaming forum calling you out I don't think we'll miss you.

Then again, that was when I cared. Now I don't care if this turns into a brony site as long as I can pop in the low taste joke every now and again to see my like count increase. It grows my epeen.
So if reo, Tom, jr, 16 bit, and pig (yea I know 3rd person) aren't here this can't happen....?

IMO that's ludicrous unless I missed something

Enenra

Go to hell.
So if reo, Tom, jr, 16 bit, and pig (yea I know 3rd person) aren't here this can't happen....?

Don't see what that has to do with anything I said. Moderators aren't really allowing any of our lovable shenanigans to continue.

Extrapolate your ideas because I do not see where I devoted a single fuck to any of those people, besides responding to you.
if you guys are here for the drama, you're at the wrong place

go hang out at a high school or something

I'm here because I like Mortal Kombat. It's a good game. You should try it.
I love MK and don't need a website to compound that. Why I love[d] TYM is that it was really entertaining, and felt like more of a kommunity as opposed to a strategy guide. Your last two quips were really cute, helps out with the high school vibe.

woah nenray sure is a dick

Nobody cares if it's not you guys, or scar or dave or whoever. Like, if I were to start a huge flame war with soonk right now, nobody would give a fuck. If reo and brady start righting? hoooooolyshit, popcorn.gif

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Left for an hour and came back and Pig Of The Hut is regulating in this thread, haha. Pig, you already know how I feel; my respose to #'s 1-8 is "Haters gonna hate. Screw em'". But that's a lot of accusation for 1 person to go through in a year-ish time. You probably already know that none of this here was directed at you, and that you are missed.

Good to see you posting, even if it's only for a couple of posts. (But make sure to post that Lao 2~ex-hat -> standing 21 AA tech before you take off again :p)

4x4lo8o

Warrior
Here's the deal though: they aren't getting banned. If they get upset that a thread is closed...then idk...ask them why? I mean..in lieu of having a fit and proclaiming that they will never ever come back to the site again.
Off course they're not getting banned, they're leaving of their own free will because they feel the way the site is moderated has ruined their experience. The problem isn't that they can't come back, but that they're unnecessarily made to not want to stay.I don't agree that they should make a big deal about it about it, but you certainly can't blame them for leaving in that situation. There are probably people who have had the same issues and left quietly.

Asking why a thread got closed isn't exactly that easy. The thread is closed, you can't just post there asking. You could make another thread asking why it was closed, but then it looks like you're starting drama. You can PM the person who closed, but then the discourse isn't public and sometimes you've got no idea who's closed it.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Perhaps I should leave because my bonding thread got deleted for no reason? And whats hard about using the PM system or dropping a comment on the mod's profile?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Off course they're not getting banned, they're leaving of their own free will because they feel the way the site is moderated has ruined their experience. The problem isn't that they can't come back, but that they're unnecessarily made to not want to stay.I don't agree that they should make a big deal about it about it, but you certainly can't blame them for leaving in that situation. There are probably people who have had the same issues and left quietly.

Asking why a thread got closed isn't exactly that easy. The thread is closed, you can't just post there asking. You could make another thread asking why it was closed, but then it looks like you're starting drama. You can PM the person who closed, but then the discourse isn't public and sometimes you've got no idea who's closed it.
Please PM anytime you have a question about anything that goes on here. Thats my job, and I'll try to make sure you get an answer in a timely fashion.

On our end, and i tell my mods this.....please don't close threads without addressing why you closed it. Thats our fault, and you can blame me 150% percent when its not done that way.