What's new

Guide Dealing with breath loop - strategies for the whole cast (WIP)

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
For Harley, you backdash a few frames after you're out of blockstun from breath (backdashing immediately out of blockstun will get you punished from f2). Then punish his whiffed f23 with b1 xx tantrum stance.... of course he can always forward dash after breath instead though.

Duck Nation Zod can also use General Parry, which has a 3-frame start-up, which will parry the F2 and I think might be able to parry the 3 part if used between f2 and 3. The second part is a maybe, but it can definitely parry f2.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok guys, been messing with batgirl and Supes in training mode and I've discovered that batgirl can get away from f23 pressure without being punished using reversal bat evade (db3). This move comes out on frame 1 and pops you out of range of any of Supe's follow ups. Not only that, but it allows you to punish him. If he goes for another f23, as soon as you see the animation start, you can press 3 and stomp on his head from bat evade, or you can press MB and get a vortex opportunity from it (granted for 2 bars). If he waits, you are safe, bat evade puts you out of range for a follow up attack. If he dashes forward, you can again press 3 or MB and punish his dash. This is not making reads btw, this can all be done on reaction. The duration of the bat evade animation is so long and the window allowing for cancelling into either 1, 2, 3 or MB is huge.

I've tested this out against some Supes already and have managed to punish every option thrown at me. Seriously batgirl's this is our ticket out of our biggest problem in this MU. Work on getting reversal bat evade out and you'll be golden.

EDIT:

This doesn't work in the corner however :(. We're still gonna have to make reads and do d1~bf3 for that.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I think you may have just caused everyone to pick up Batgirl as a counterpick.

Will be editing the guide again at some point tomorrow. Still missing some stuff outright for certain characters, and I still don't have information on who exactly can or cannot backdash f23 and which specific b3 and f3s work.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Ok guys, been messing with batgirl and Supes in training mode and I've discovered that batgirl can get away from f23 pressure without being punished using reversal bat evade (db3). This move comes out on frame 1 and pops you out of range of any of Supe's follow ups. Not only that, but it allows you to punish him. If he goes for another f23, as soon as you see the animation start, you can press 3 and stomp on his head from bat evade, or you can press MB and get a vortex opportunity from it (granted for 2 bars). If he waits, you are safe, bat evade puts you out of range for a follow up attack. If he dashes forward, you can again press 3 or MB and punish his dash. This is not making reads btw, this can all be done on reaction. The duration of the bat evade animation is so long and the window allowing for cancelling into either 1, 2, 3 or MB is huge.

I've tested this out against some Supes already and have managed to punish every option thrown at me. Seriously batgirl's this is our ticket out of our biggest problem in this MU. Work on getting reversal bat evade out and you'll be golden.

EDIT:

This doesn't work in the corner however :(. We're still gonna have to make reads and do d1~bf3 for that.
nice this didn't work before that last patch, I guess the pushback did really do something (at least ONE thing!)

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
After breath, in most cases listed in this guide. Jumping out isn't really going to work, unless you're DS and even then that's only midscreen.

EDIT:

Au contraire on the corner problem. Just do a quick db3~1 and dart over Superman's head. Almost totally safe. To punish, he's got to be completely expecting it and not pressuring at all.

Pretty sure GA can just savage blast outta there.

Lex can corp charge after the breath, but if supes reads it that means a full combo for him.

Most characters best option is to MB B3/F3 unless he has trait up in which case pushblock. But people are silly and still refuse to take these tactics seriously.

I love how you mock when you yourself have not discussed gameplay in months.
Negative. Green Arrow can't savage blast. You can try to D1 but thats risky as hell . It's a 7 frame d1. If you backdash, he can followup with another f32 and you must block once again. He doesn't even need to dash after you with the followup f23. I think the safest bet as arrow is a pushblock or if you're feeling confident a MB b3.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Au contraire on the corner problem. Just do a quick db3~1 and dart over Superman's head. Almost totally safe. To punish, he's got to be completely expecting it and not pressuring at all.
The problem is that there isn't enough pushback from breath in the corner to allow the reversal to come out. If they go straight away for another f23, they'll hit you out of your reversal, but this is where the reads come in because you can d1~bf3 them for a combo if you know this is gonna happen. It's an even chance, either superman punishes us, or we punish superman and I'm entirely ok with that.

To prove that it's a push back thing, you can set your CPU to reversal bat evade and test out f23 loops in the corner and mid screen. Mid screen they will always reversal out (however if you walk right up to them and db2, f23, you'll hit them out of their reversal).

Duck Nation
Nightwing can also B2 into combo, but it requires crazy timing. B2 is 7 frames, so it technically beats Superman's F2 at 8 frames. There is literally no breathing room here, but it works.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
yep, we have some options to escape it or fight back, but Superman himself has some options too. i'm really scared when Superman has full meter.