What's new

Deadshot = Deathstroke 2.0

Was Deadshot balanced properly?

• Total voters

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
but the thing is batman will still be at least good , will play the same . Just batman player will need to be more patient . Deadshot on the other hand will not be able to keep ppl out now . WC is so slow now , mb roll will not be needed to get on him now

fate starfire supergirl will out zone him now , firestorm too
Firestorm just became god tier for no reason.Expect more high level tourneys with GunShow and more Firestorm play.

Also Batman is going to become a high-maintenance top tier at best.Trait bat management and mind games are real, you can’t afford to lose them.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Firestorm just became god tier for no reason.Expect more high level tourneys with GunShow and more Firestorm play.

Also Batman is going to become a high-maintenance top tier at best.Trait bat management and mind games are real, you can’t afford to lose them.
lol stop with this god tier . I played him as third main and he needed it . Before patch he got his blue trait out once per patch if he was lucky . Now he might be able to do it twice or so . Stop overreacting :D But with deadshot its not overreacting , its sad reality that this character will be dead after patch .

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Pretty much said it since the first patch, character was bound to get murdered. I usually dont like jumping to conclusions but yea, character is probably not great now. However it was honestly necessary, character was cancer to this game. So many character open up due to this character getting hit. So yea it sucks that Deadshot lost his identity and is probably...low mid tier maybe? Idk I think low tier would be pushing it. But now one of the most oppressive things in this game isn't oppressing anymore, so as shitty as it is, this needed to happen. It's not abysmal balance.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
For you guys that liked zoning, just pick up Fate, he’s gonna be really good right now and his worst matchup (Deadshot lmao) just became much less frequent. Until next patch when Amon Ra Blast becomes a high or something

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I was very surprised that MB rifle stayed untouched. That said, I think the biggest issues have been addressed with WC and meter management. I think he'll be in a much better place. He'll still be very good, but require a little more thought. I personally love the approach that Foxy takes with the character of walking back and punishing careless movement with WC. That's the kind of precise play I'd like to see used more with him. Besides, WC spam has been dealt with by enough players in the meta that "spicing it up" with sparse, calculated WCs will probably be more effective. Let's watch the DS players level up their play and be able to give them props for well executed zoning.
Characters literally dead, not even gonna waste my time

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I remember the thread where everyone said if you guys keep downplaying his up close game like he needs a staggerable 50/50, NRS is just going crush the buildings and nerf this shit out of his zoning instead

looks like they were right

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Pro still have biases pro still have emotion and pros are not the end all be all. I
I have 0 bias or emotion because IDC about any DC characters, I'm just playing the game for what it is, and what Deadshot is after the patch, is a punching bag.

The only way he wins currently is through a chip war of attrition, his damage is too low to keep up and his frames are all bad. His design was stupid, and thats what is his biggest issue, it either makes him really good or really bad. He's now just bad.

It doesnt really change anything in terms of how the meta works either.
Batman/CW and Supergirl will all still be dumb as a rock.
Deadshot gets nerfed so badly that fate gets buffed indirectly into being the best zoner in the game, and he will be just as, if not more oppressive than Deadshot was. He just isnt played like that yet, wait and you'll see.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Was it the IPS finals where there were like, 5 Deadshot mirrors in a row? He was going to get decimated after that. Either way, think nerfing the meter gain would have been fine or nerfing the start-up: both seems seems like it could be too much

I have 0 bias or emotion because IDC about any DC characters, I'm just playing the game for what it is, and what Deadshot is after the patch, is a punching bag.

The only way he wins currently is through a chip war of attrition, his damage is too low to keep up and his frames are all bad. His design was stupid, and thats what is his biggest issue, it either makes him really good or really bad. He's now just bad.

It doesnt really change anything in terms of how the meta works either.
Batman/CW and Supergirl will all still be dumb as a rock.
Deadshot gets nerfed so badly that fate gets buffed indirectly into being the best zoner in the game, and he will be just as, if not more oppressive than Deadshot was. He just isnt played like that yet, wait and you'll see.
I wasn't saying you literally but just saying you can't always take what one person says as fact and that you are still human and things like that can impair judgement not saying it did but could.

Edit: just so you know you can be bias in other ways besides liking the character you could be bias cause that's your man, affects part of your income since your a pro. Not saying you are but could be.

Last edited:

Jugghead

Noob
but the thing is batman will still be at least good , will play the same . Just batman player will need to be more patient . Deadshot on the other hand will not be able to keep ppl out now . WC is so slow now , mb roll will not be needed to get on him now

fate starfire supergirl will out zone him now , firestorm too
I was literally giggling last night playing a Deadshot watching his WC

Being apart of this scene for this long has helped me fortell this scenario and drop deadshot the week after the major he dominated. I’m fact, eleague may have deadshot mirrors if the right matchups happen. I planned to travel after all dlc was it and I felt I could compete for top 8s again, as long as I find a character.

When ever a character has made an NRS game look bad at a major... they were always practically destroyed or appropriately normalized. This would have been done sooner but NRS was respecting the integrity of the ips and e league finals.

Alas, he needed those nerfs for the life of the game and ya perception to the stream viewers.

But there is a silver lining here. Nerfing this character unleashed another that is now able to trade high shot high shot for much more damaging Ra. DS was a win button vs dr fate and effectively made him irrelevant from tournament play. Bdon may have won a major if white boi didn’t do what needed to be done. Now, there is no easy to use alt character to run to when you are staring at orbs/anks/ras all day long.

I hope I can prove this like I and cowboy did with Sinestro.

It is time to meet your fate.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Balance issues aside this character is and always will be corny as hell. Putting a twitch shooter in a fighting game was a horrible, and even more so, poorly executed idea from the jump. At least Deathstroke combos were cool and had a satisfying sound to them. Deadshot's just all pop pop bang bang.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Being apart of this scene for this long has helped me fortell this scenario and drop deadshot the week after the major he dominated. I’m fact, eleague may have deadshot mirrors if the right matchups happen. I planned to travel after all dlc was it and I felt I could compete for top 8s again, as long as I find a character.

When ever a character has made an NRS game look bad at a major... they were always practically destroyed or appropriately normalized. This would have been done sooner but NRS was respecting the integrity of the ips and e league finals.

Alas, he needed those nerfs for the life of the game and ya perception to the stream viewers.

But there is a silver lining here. Nerfing this character unleashed another that is now able to trade high shot high shot for much more damaging Ra. DS was a win button vs dr fate and effectively made him irrelevant from tournament play. Bdon may have won a major if white boi didn’t do what needed to be done. Now, there is no easy to use alt character to run to when you are staring at orbs/anks/ras all day long.

I like Fate and I hate zoners. His design is just dope. Plain and simple.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan

So DS was keeping you from playing Fate?

Skedar70

Noob
The only thing I struggled when playing a deadshot was patiently walking in and ducking his straight shot. I think that was his best dirt. His upclose game 50/50 did little damage and I was never afraid of it. Most of his wins was due to his projectile hits. I got reverse 3-0 by him many times but also did the same to him when I was patient enough. I realized that he wasn't that strong actually all he had was his zoning.

Less meter build and rifle being clashable would have been ok.

The straight shot nerf makes me think he will now be a piece of cake (I don't agree with that change).